VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

neverenoughfunk wrote:you see...

life can be funny!!! :hihi:

just have to loosen up some!!!

marketing a product for years can be exhausting... some times it is pretty relaxing to sit back and have a laugh or two...

right? maybe? sometimes?

:tu:
If IKM laid down just half as much effort on the development as on their marketing then ST3 would have been r

sfd wrote:If IKM laid down just half as much effort on the development as on their marketing then ST3 would have been r
red ?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
sfd wrote:If IKM laid down just half as much effort on the development as on their marketing then ST3 would have been r
red ?
lol :D
Sorry, I mean "released long time ago"

sfd - I'm happy to hear that you feel we put great effort into marketing, but there is no reason for that to be used to marginalize the efforts of our developers and that team as they work just as hard if not harder and we've already explained that there were delays so a decision was made to get it out when ready (which thankfully is coming soon). I hope you do enjoy it when it is released, or at least do give it a try to check it out.

So in 23 days... ? ;)

I have a feeling that in 23 days you will know either way.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:sfd - I'm happy to hear that you feel we put great effort into marketing, but there is no reason for that to be used to marginalize the efforts of our developers and that team as they work just as hard if not harder and we've already explained that there were delays so a decision was made to get it out when ready (which thankfully is coming soon). I hope you do enjoy it when it is released, or at least do give it a try to check it out.
Peter - Great marketing is not the same thing as great products.

The lack of wearable results marginalize IKM's credibility and create inflation on your use of the term 'coming soon'.

You've been saying that for a year or more. It's a gross abuse of customer confidence.

By doing so you've also built up high expectations. The chances are high that people's expectations will be higher then what you can deliver.

You have been unable to answer questions form people. You've been saying that you can't tell at this time because it's not until you've the finished product you'll know.

That is an excellent illustration of the lack of structure you've at IKM.

Any major company who decide to make a software draws a plan on what this is going to be. So every member of the development team knows what to do. You don't sit down and think "Hm maybe I should write a code for making it possible to use to mouse to scroll trough the libraries". He already know what to do when he comes to the office in the morning.

But not at IKM. At IKM you are obviously stumbling in the dark.

People have asked about the system requirements. Other then it's going to be a 64-bit you don't have the slightest clue. A serous developer knows the system requirements from the pint on where he's writing the very firs line of a code. But not at IKM.

Yes - I'm sure ST3 will speak for it self when it's, eventually, released.

sfd wrote:Any major company who decide to make a software draws a plan on what this is going to be. So every member of the development team knows what to do. You don't sit down and think "Hm maybe I should write a code for making it possible to use to mouse to scroll trough the libraries". He already know what to do when he comes to the office in the morning.
Oh, if only real-world software development was like that :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of most marketing and whilst I'm sure Peter is a great guy, his posts generally wind me up. HOWEVER - he's just doing his job - marketing.

Development is *never* on time (as time is decided by non-developers, and developers never 'finish') and these days the goalposts are moved by everyone else, often before the design settles.

The best developments are done with the correct mantra of "When it's ready".

Development plans are all well and good, but unless you're NASA (and agree on measurement units beforehand), there's little change the end result will match the plan or be on time.

</developer rant>

:hug:

I don't judge a product by its marketing. That's plain stupid.

koalaboy wrote:Development is *never* on time (as time is decided by non-developers, and developers never 'finish') and these days the goalposts are moved by everyone else, often before the design settles.

Development plans are all well and good, but unless you're NASA (and agree on measurement units beforehand), there's little change the end result will match the plan or be on time.
the latter is the key. i happen to work for a company that almost always has everything on time due to great planning and great management. in my two+ years there we never missed any deadlines, not even remotely. but yes, it's usually the other way around.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

sfd wrote: The lack of wearable results marginalize IKM's credibility and create inflation on your use of the term 'coming soon'.

You've been saying that for a year or more. It's a gross abuse of customer confidence.
This is true, no doubt about that.

koalaboy wrote: Development is *never* on time (as time is decided by non-developers, and developers never 'finish') and these days the goalposts are moved by everyone else, often before the design settles.

The best developments are done with the correct mantra of "When it's ready".
this is so false it is not funny... with every project there is a budget... just wondering if you are aware what "overhead" is?... do you know how much "overhead" in delaying a project for 6 or more months? 9.7 out 10 companies that have a 6 or more months delay on a project... heads rolls... time is money... for you... IK Multimedia is a software developer... for IK Multimedia... they are a business... businesses are in business to make money... i.e. building a product are cheap as possible... "overhead" is the most expensive part of any project... for instance... the avg coder/consultant makes about $55 an hour... 40 hour work week (that is $2200 a week)... there are about 20 work days in a month (that is 4 weeks in a month)... which is $8800... that is times 6 months... that is $52,800 for just one coder/consultant... now look at the credits of ST 2.5 and look for how many programmers worked on it... multiply that number of coder with $52,800... you may be talking about 1 million dollars in overage... that is if that 2013 year-end was true... and if you think about it no company wants to throw a million dollars away...

i guess through all my jokes/so-called jokes the point was missed... i am saying that ST 3 was never coming out 2013 year-end... that was another marketing tactic... to string the customer base along... period...

my guesstament is still "thanksgiving" 2014... i believe that is what the project plan stated orginally... everything else was/is marketing...

:tu:

He might be referring to smaller companies. The owner is not paid by the hour. If he delays a product by a year, he's technically not ruining overhead. Add a few employees however, it puts you in the hole.

neverenoughfunk wrote: this is so false it is not funny... with every project there is a budget... just wondering if you are aware what "overhead" is?... do you know how much "overhead" in delaying a project for 6 or more months? 9.7 out 10 companies that have a 6 or more months delay on a project... heads rolls... time is money... for you... IK Multimedia is a software developer... for IK Multimedia... they are a business... businesses are in business to make money... i.e. building a product are cheap as possible... "overhead" is the most expensive part of any project... for instance... the avg coder/consultant makes about $55 an hour... 40 hour work week (that is $2200 a week)... there are about 20 work days in a month (that is 4 weeks in a month)... which is $8800... that is times 6 months... that is $52,800 for just one coder/consultant... now look at the credits of ST 2.5 and look for how many programmers worked on it... multiply that number of coder with $52,800... you may be talking about 1 million dollars in overage... that is if that 2013 year-end was true... and if you think about it no company wants to throw a million dollars away...

i guess through all my jokes/so-called jokes the point was missed... i am saying that ST 3 was never coming out 2013 year-end... that was another marketing tactic... to string the customer base along... period...

my guesstament is still "thanksgiving" 2014... i believe that is what the project plan stated orginally... everything else was/is marketing...
Could you write real sentences with capital first letter and ONE dot at the end? Just too many dots, unreadable for me

LimboLoves wrote:He might be referring to smaller companies. The owner is not paid by the hour. If he delays a product by a year, he's technically not ruining overhead. Add a few employees however, it puts you in the hole.

you may be right... but this was the blanket statement that was written...
Development is *never* on time
Last edited by neverenoughfunk on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”