2ndMOUSE - Sequoia ( acid bass / techno )

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love that little silver box. Its great that its having a resurgence.....partly because roland released AIRA 30 years too late , and because of all the american kids who missed it first time round cos they weren't even born. Gives me an excuse to mess around with those basslines again =)

Hope ya like it. May do some more

https://soundcloud.com/2ndmouse/sequoia

Is it my imagination, or do your recent mixes feature more bottom end than previously? This seems to have a healthy does of whump to it. Great acid content and I love those airy pads floating around, coating the track with fairy-dust.

Good work :)

they do indeed mate. I've been paying more attention to rolling off unnecessary frequencies , particularly below 20hz in the domain of the rumble-beast , but also using a few things to add a bit more low end. It was an achilles heel for years , for a number of reasons......rubbish speakers , concern for neighbours , plus the learning curve of proper sound separation , sidechaining , limiting and compression , which as you know , doesn't happen overnight. I'm finally achieving the kinda mixes i've always wanted , but there is still so much to learn , and hone. Hopefully , by concentrating on what was once a weakness , I'll make it a strength.
Glad you liked it. Seems you're the only one who listens here. I appreciate it =)

I really enjoyed it. It's difficult for me to listen to SoundCloud which makes it difficult to listen to pretty much any artist that posts in the cafe, though I suppose that's my problem, not theirs. Anyway, I liked the groove and I'm glad your SoundCloud page let me download the song, as now I can listen in my car where I have a much better sound system.

This was a refreshing tune since I usually listen to tech-house/electro/minimal. Production-wise it's sounding good too.

thenumber23 wrote:I really enjoyed it. It's difficult for me to listen to SoundCloud which makes it difficult to listen to pretty much any artist that posts in the cafe, though I suppose that's my problem, not theirs. Anyway, I liked the groove and I'm glad your SoundCloud page let me download the song, as now I can listen in my car where I have a much better sound system.
Thanks for making the effort despite the frustrations , and glad you liked it ! =)

The tune has an air of mystery to it. Kind of like a soundtrack for a spy movie. :-) Great squelchy bassline. I really like how modulations of the bassline stretch between beats. The mix has a lot of transparency to it. Dug it.

analog.lemon wrote:This was a refreshing tune since I usually listen to tech-house/electro/minimal. Production-wise it's sounding good too.
thanks! I'm glad I somehow helped you take a plunge into a different genre. I don't normally do acid , as every track I make is different. You may possibly like some of the others too =)

Enjoyable track 2nd! I like the beat and the floating synths. Bass is great too! Well done. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

ecamburn wrote:The tune has an air of mystery to it. Kind of like a soundtrack for a spy movie. :-) Great squelchy bassline. I really like how modulations of the bassline stretch between beats. The mix has a lot of transparency to it. Dug it.
Thanks a lot ecamburn. The compression worked well , in the way it acts on the bass.
Transparency is something I go for as I like a lot of space and width in a mix , without it sounding thin , and yeah , spy tunes are something I love....especially things like the ski chase theme in " On her majestys secret service" , or the theme from "The persuaders".
I actually made a track called " Give my regards to S.P.E.C.T.R.E" which was exactly this theme.
Here it is....

NEW mix --- https://soundcloud.com/2ndmouse/give-my ... -p-e-c-t-r

OLD mix --- https://soundcloud.com/2ndmouse/give-my ... -e-c-t-r-e

Thanks again =)

Return to “Music Cafe”