Need help with an idea

Official support for: realitone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I play Celtic/ambient music (guitar/vocal). I'm looking for a way to selectively trigger Realivox blue notes/phrases (similar to the way a TC Helicon Harmony Singer triggers harmonies -intelligently sensing pitch/key and producing a harmony in real-time). Anyone else thinking along these lines?

It occurs to me that an intelligent harmony machine already "knows" the correct harmony and could easily produce a corresponding midi signal...if that capability was designed in

This is a cool idea. In theory, it wouldn't be that difficult to implement, but with the legato, it becomes surprisingly complicated, because there would then be multiple streams of MIDI data being processed (one stream for each part) that need to be kept straight. (The poly legato, for instance, took a couple months to get right.)

Add the wordbuilder, and it gets even more complicated. Then add the voice 2 and voice 3 options into the equation and you've got a programming nightmare.

So this couldn't done internally in Realivox. (It would take a skill level much higher than mine.)

But I think it could be done with Multi scripts. I did a little searching, though, and I don't see any available harmonizing scripts. Weird, because I would think someone would have done this before and made it publicly available.

That does sound complicated. So, with the Sonuus i2M you we able to generate individual notes. I think that's essentially what I'm after. Of course, intelligent harmony would be preferred. Experimenting with Blue in Kontakt I noticed harmony options triggered by individual keyboard notes, which might work for me also.

My sense is that i2M is least of all a solution for vocal triggered midi, as vocal pitch is an unstable input. I'd very much like to hear your impressions using i2M and Blue. I suppose with proper gating and pitch correction one might attain something usable.

Thanks Mike

Return to “Realitone”