What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Kirk Hunter Studios "4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW. Get up to 50% Off!

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRian

706 posts since 30 Mar, 2012

Postby audientronic; Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:48 am Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

This library is huge! It's going to take me a month to download, but mostly because if I do it all at once my download fees would be a C-note (<- see what I did there? :hyper: ).
KVRist

475 posts since 10 Jan, 2010

Postby chroma; Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:50 am Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

spotlight strings sounds amazing.... eventually i am going to upgrade to K5 just for that :)
KVRian

Postby audientronic; Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:20 am Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

chroma wrote:spotlight strings sounds amazing.... eventually i am going to upgrade to K5 just for that :)

Spotlight strings is great. Bought it at twice this price and I'm still happy.
KVRAF

3295 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern Central CA (not as good as Eureka)

Postby Musical Gym; Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:40 am Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

I just stumbled upon this thread. Bought two libraries during group buy. No email to existing customers about this sale?? Why not?
Last edited by Musical Gym on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRian

1489 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:44 am Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

i'm sure it wasn't malice. Kirk is in dire need of some automation - from his website to his email communication, activations and all that. he's doing all manually, so no wonder he could miss a few obvious things.
From Russia with love
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:48 am Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

Burillo wrote:i'm sure it wasn't malice. Kirk is in dire need of some automation - from his website to his email communication, activations and all that. he's doing all manually, so no wonder he could miss a few obvious things.
I understand, but if I'd been notified I would have had time to get in on the 75% tier that ended yesterday. This is a great opportunity for a lot of people now, but like others, it sort of feels like all the hard work and scraping for cash during the group buy that ended a few months ago got way devalued by this one.
Edit: Finally got the customer email, must have fallen off the list somehow.
Anyway, this is a great opportunity for new customers to get on board. These libraries are too good to be going for so cheap, but I guess there are good reasons behind it...
KVRist

457 posts since 13 May, 2004

Postby rasmusklump; Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:27 am Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

Ares there some libraries beside spotlight that need some kind of manual activation (however you call it ) ?
KVRist

348 posts since 1 Oct, 2005, from Los Angeles, CA USA

Postby KirkHunter; Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:34 am Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

There was an email blast that was supposed to go out last week accompanying this post. Apparently, it did not end up being sent. So I extended the 75% discount until the 12th. Additionally, I personally made sure that another e-blast was sent. If anyone here does NOT get it, PLEASE let me know.
KVRian

Postby audientronic; Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:18 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

So is Diamond an 80 GB download or is that the size when it is unzipped?

I'm really liking the sections I've downloaded so far.
KVRist

348 posts since 1 Oct, 2005, from Los Angeles, CA USA

Postby KirkHunter; Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:49 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

audientronic wrote:So is Diamond an 80 GB download or is that the size when it is unzipped?

80GB is the size after unzipping.
KVRAF

1578 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:10 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

Musical Gym wrote:
Burillo wrote:i'm sure it wasn't malice. Kirk is in dire need of some automation - from his website to his email communication, activations and all that. he's doing all manually, so no wonder he could miss a few obvious things.
I understand, but if I'd been notified I would have had time to get in on the 75% tier that ended yesterday. This is a great opportunity for a lot of people now, but like others, it sort of feels like all the hard work and scraping for cash during the group buy that ended a few months ago got way devalued by this one.
Anyway, this is a great opportunity for new customers to get on board. These libraries are too good to be going for so cheap, but I guess there are good reasons behind it...

Just replying here to make sure you saw the 75% was extended until Thursday.
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

jsp1979 wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:

Just replying here to make sure you saw the 75% was extended until Thursday.
Yes, thanks for letting me know.
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:15 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

Accidentally double-posted..
Last edited by Musical Gym on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVRer

24 posts since 23 Feb, 2012, from Zürich

Postby tomotello; Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:31 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

same here, have now the complete Kirk Hunter set, no way to miss such an opportunity. Don't worry about the shopping basket, furthermore it's a nice difference to the main stream - even like it. The installation procedures could be sometimes be a little more straight forward and consistent throughout the different libraries. However, I understand Kontakt has changed procedures during their life cycles. it's fine for me that you're focus was always on providing best quality on the core. This makes finally the difference.

The approach and the libraries have a unique touch, outstanding quality and unbeatable flexibility. Kontakt has exciting features - on one side the scripting features are unique in this area but from an IT perspective the the scripting language is very limited. Absolutely astonishing what Kirk has achieved here. Driven by a real musician, smart and efficient and authentic - just keep continuing this way. :tu: :tu: :tu:
Thomas
KVRAF

Postby Musical Gym; Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:24 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Studios "Countdown to 4th Of July" Regressive Sale on NOW.

audientronic wrote:So is Diamond ....
I don't know if I'll have time to download any sections. Are they available as a trial? Looking for reasons to maybe get Diamond and wondering whether it's still a contender with some of the more current offerings by other devs. I have some of the well-known libraries like Miroslav, GPO, ...but not anything really high-end in the way of symphonic content.
Also wondering whether Concert Brass 2 can be used for non-symphonic material without sounding weirdly out of context, say in pop/rock/jazz/etc.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)