Patchwork + HoRNet AutoGain Pro + Pro Tools 11

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just purchased AutoGain Pro (AGP) and have been trying to write automation into a PT11 audio track containing vocals. My progress so far:

* AGP senses the audio input from PT11. Using an internal fixed-level reference, the plugin is properly working - it adjusts audio levels in playback and writes a visible correction curve in its own window.

* I have mapped Automation data from the AGP plugin to Control 01 in Patchwork.

* I have added Control 01 in the PT11 Automation dialog, and am able to view it as an automation lane in my vocal track.

* When I arm WRITE in PT11 and hit playback, a red line is written at 100% only. PT11 appears to not be seeing or writing the actual automation data coming from the plugin.

Does Patchwork in fact accept and pass any plugin data that has been correctly mapped to one of its Control nn outputs? Specifically, is there a technical reason why automation data appears not to be passed?

Thanks,
Sky
(Opinions are my own, etc.)

Hi Sky,

there could be a limitation that I have to double check: you may have to have Blue Cat's PatchWork user interface opened to get output automation for sub plug-ins to work properly in PT. Also, this will depend on how automation has been implemented in this plug-in.

Hi, the automation is pretty straight forward, i have a parameter called "gain" that is set and sent to the host, all my plugins are made using wdl-ol/IPlug so it's a pretty common framework to handle these days, let me know if you need more details as I don't have a strong PT experience, but i need to build one as I'm planning on going AAX sooner or later.

Saverio

The gotcha with the Patchwork VST wrapper appears to be no way to pass a sidechain to AutoGain Pro for external control. If that's the case, then I'll need to find an alternative wrapper that supports VST3 in Pro Tools - bidule perhaps? I am able to output the Gain data as you've suggested, which works when AutoGain Reference is set to internal. Grazie
(Opinions are my own, etc.)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”