Isn't something like this barely legal?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.ursplugins.com/news.html

I mean even some of the worst plugin companies like Abbey Road made an announcement that ok, we'll no longer develop this plugin and we'll remove it from the store. Fair enough.

They think it's ok to keep selling software with no updates for over 5 years and with false promises for 64bit updates? Make a statement that you sell 32 bit plugins as they are or suspend your business until you are ready. Anything else is a major dishonesty.

Its illegal to have old news posts on a website? :shock:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Its illegal to have old news posts on a website? :shock:
I think that I explained my reasoning relatively well. If you prefer to stick to some isolated words then I am afraid that you have a reading comprehension problem (or you are just a provocateur).

ZINO wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Its illegal to have old news posts on a website? :shock:
I think that I explained my reasoning relatively well.
Well, I dont actually think you did.
If you prefer to stick to some isolated words then I am afraid that you have a reading comprehension problem (or you are just a provocateur).
No, I dont have a reading comprehension problem, and if you really want me to I can enumerate every possible point where you failed to explain your reasoning 'relatively well'. Would you have preferred that? Most people dont.
Because not only do I not see much reasoning in it (in case you werent sure, reasoning is drawing conclusions from assertions, not making the assertions in the first place) , Im not actually sure what your reasoning was supposed to be about, apart from some complaining that because a business stated they intended to do something that did not yet transpire, then something or other is 'barely legal.'

Barely legal is fine. It's barely illegal you have to worry about.

Acid Mitch wrote:Barely legal is fine. It's barely illegal you have to worry about.
I worry more about illegal bears.

Ok, lets say that you buy a travel card that now gives you a free trip to France but, on the company web site it says that soon you can also get a free trip to England with that same card. This free trip to England is never given to the customer after 3 years (and they provide you with no updates about it, no communication etc). I don't know about you but I see a good reason to file a lawsuit.

EDIT: I forgot the most important thing. They keep selling this card after all these....

Acid Mitch wrote:Barely legal is fine. It's barely illegal you have to worry about.
Anybody looked up Barely Legal on google yet? :D
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

ZINO wrote:Ok, lets say that you buy a travel card that now gives you a free trip to France but, on the company web site it says that soon you can also get a free trip to England with that same card. This free trip to England is never given to the customer after 3 years (and they provide you with no updates about it, no communication etc). I don't know about you but I see a good reason to file a lawsuit.
Lets now use that analogy correctly.

You buy a travel card that gives you a free trip to France by boat, but, on the company web site it says that they're working on providing an option to get the same trip by train.
This boat option is not yet available to the customer after 3 years. On the other hand, those peope who wanted to get to France have got there, except for those people who only want to travel by train. But they have never been told that the train option is available.

And then a train devotee turns up and complains its 'barely legal' that he can't get to France.

I think that's closer.

TWIWWP

How dare they call themselves URS when Urs has nothing to do with them :x
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

In 2014 no one travels by boat any more (32 bit) and anyone that still buys the card, buys it with the (false) perspective to travel when the train service is ready (64 bit).

There you go, an even more correct analogy since you wanted one.

ZINO wrote:In 2014 no one travels by boat any more (32 bit) and anyone that still buys the card, buys it with the (false) perspective to travel when the train service is ready (64 bit).

There you go, an even more correct analogy since you wanted one.
Oh boy, looks like somebody's got too much time on their hands...have you tried masturbating? I hear it's very therapeutic :)

mikusan wrote:have you tried masturbating? I hear it's very therapeutic :)
Mushy Mushy wrote:Anybody looked up Barely Legal on google yet? :D
* cough *
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

mikusan wrote:
Oh boy, looks like somebody's got too much time on their hands...have you tried masturbating? I hear it's very therapeutic :)
I am sorry but I think that I am not interested enough to register to your masturbation web class. Thanks again.

Return to “Effects”