Free Arturia MiniMoog, 1 day only (21st June - EXPIRED!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mini V4

To be honest, i don't even find the 2.54 version. :o

chk071 wrote:To be honest, i don't even find the 2.54 version. :o
It's on Arturia's FTP site: ftp://ftp.arturia.net/pub/miniV/updates/

Thanks. I somehow browsed the wrong folder (minimoogV)...

I wantz a free Arturia synth June 21st this year tu :borg:

Pleaze mistah, lemme have just one fix :ud:

The Mini V and the V Original are essentially the same instrument, except that you can't access the 'back panel' which had been added to Arturia's versions of the Minimoog. The panel is something that I could see purists taking issue with anyway, but the pleasant thing about the V Original edition is that chorus and delay are available anyway on patches as more or less On/Off-only. There is also a way of getting more adjustment use in the Original out of these effects and the still-present mod matrix of that back panel by locating the sound/setup you might be after in other factory presets and saving those parts as partial presets.

That one-day free download that I saw unfold here and in related thread(s) was part of my introduction to KVR forums, back when I very first started reading anything at KVR. What transpired that day here has permanently shaped and influenced my view of the forum and its membership. It was not a pretty sight. Nevertheless, the free V Original I received at 4 a.m. that day has proved to be every bit as good or better than all the other Minimoog copycats or wannabees.

I love discussions in this vein of 'best Mini' softsynth, because there is so much variation in the sound of the hardware Model D units that NO ONE can speak definitively (better, Truthfully) of exactly which softsynth emulation is best. All have their strengths and weaknesses, and the majority of punters insisting on one over another either weren't even born when the D's were used much live or on record, or else few have even played one or heard one up close. I tend to think FREE, as in this giveaway if you were lucky enough to get one, sounds better to me than to ones costing an hundred or more or requiring the heavy yoke of NI rubbish dragged around with it just to use it! Hope you are enjoying your V Orig., as I certainly have been!

deja moog

got my free mini V original and still use it for its snappy, silky smooth filter.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

osiris wrote:deja moog
+1 :lol:

I think there are quite many users who secured a couple of licences when it was available, and who are not using them all, so users who missed out on this deal, may be lucky picking up such one if they beg a little :wink:

yeah I missed it would've been great to snag it anyone got an extra I would certainly appreciate it

I was a bit disapointed. I just couldn't get a decent bottom end out of it... needs eq'ing i guess. But then, there's loads of emulations out there which don't, so i wonder why i should bother. Didn't really love the filter too.

I don't know if I'll go back through the whole things so I can't remember what happened on my end. I think there were some issues with either the installer or the plug and I gave up. Maybe I never even got mine. Search just shows the ones that were quoted from mine.

You can no longer get the download links for Mini V Original under your account at Arturia's website. If anyone is ever looking for working links to this freebie. Here they are:

Mac 2.5.4
http://downloads.arturia.net/downloads/ ... _2_5_4.dmg

Windows 2.5.4
http://downloads.arturia.net/downloads/ ... _2_5_4.exe
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Maybe they don't want people to get that freebie anymore :wink:

fluffy_little_something wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:09 pm Maybe they don't want people to get that freebie anymore :wink:
The installers are no good without a serial number, though.

Return to “Instruments”