SSSR Labs Lissajous Suite: unusual VSTs for use with oscilloscopes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi to All!
Some people may remember my very old plug-in Virtual Aelita. I am planning to update it later, but currently i'm happy to introduce a whole plug-in suite. These and all further plug-ins will be released as SSSR Labs products.

Lissajous Suite is a set of VST plug-ins intended for experiments with the graphical representation of the waveforms on an oscilloscope. This media experiment genre is known as Lissajous music.

Current contents of the suite
[*] MIDIHarmonics — synthesizer/lissajous shape generator (VSTi)
[*] Lorenz System — Chaotic signal generator (VST)
[*] 3D Spatializer — Complex shape processor (VST)
Please note that Lorenz System and 3D Spatializer are insert effects! They are meant to be effects as they require triple or quadra channel to work.

All plug-ins are available at my website for free. There you can also find detailed description.

I also made the first video showing features of the MIDIHarmonics VSTi.
More videos, especially for 3D Spatializer will be available a bit later.

Enjoy!

If somebody will made a video of something else with these plugins, please share your work! It's very interesting. Also feel free to suggest other tools for lissajous curves processing or generation. Thanks.
Last edited by rpocc on Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks Dmitry, I look forward to trying them over the weekend.

Thanks. I really like the sound of the synth.

BTW It nearly blew the shit out of my speakers so ...

WARNING - BE SURE TO PUT A LIMITER AFTER THIS SYNTH BEFORE GOING THROUGH THE PRESETS.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Pretty cool plugins, the spatializer does very well, the lorenz starts up with wonkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk and in Savihost changing the sliders easily makes the sound cut out lol, but yeah that synth is cool, phase mod and the quantizer. Wow the hear loss preset, you weren't kidding, savihost has it at like 32 above, where 0 is basically as loud as it gets before clipping.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I just made two more videos for remaining plug-ins.

3D-spatializer

Lorenz System

Cool stuff... I've abused FL's built-in 3xOsc for some Lissajous stuff in the past (since it's easy to set stereo difference to 90 degrees with that one), but specialized synths/effects seem like a cool idea.

Fascinating work! Were you influenced by Cyclo's Id album? Essential listening/viewing for anyone interested in this stuff, and a superb album even without the visualisation for fans of danceable glitch music. Lossless format such as flac or wav essential for the visual component to work as intended.

Sound/visualisation examples here: (edit: page at Raster-Noton removed - new example of one track here: http://vimeo.com/73860675 )

The vinyl release is a good one to play anyone who believes a lot of the myths about vinyl mastering too, particularly when it comes to panning bass.
Last edited by cron on Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(double post)

cron wrote:Fascinating work! Were you influenced by Cyclo's Id album?
Thanks.
When I have started to build MIDIHarmonics, I was inspired by another similar work made with puredata, but idea of the 3D Spatializer is developed from endless experiments with analog chaotic signal generator.

cyclo.id is interesting, but very common. As far as I see, author used a set of phase shifted samples, chopped with some kind of granular tool, giving monotonal repetitive sound in fixed tempo.

Hi rpocc,
I'm really interested in your lissajous suite, however I tends to avoid to use a computer in my workflow. I'm wondering if your code could be ported to a MCU like a stm? I'm a noob regarding programming however I was wondering if you ll share the source for your vst?
Kind regards

I'd like to see 64-bit AU versions of these. =] Looks like they'd be fun to play with!

Cool stuff ^^ In fact I've been missing proper visualisation of signal.

BTW, who's up for chaos synth collab? 8)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

very interesting stuff here!
no sig

Lorenz is quite interesting, but sadly it stops producing output if you move the sliders out of the allowed range. Once this has happened it never produces any more sound, until you remove and re-insert the plugin (or restart your music software entirely). This happens in both 44100 and 96000 Hz samplerate.

cron wrote:Fascinating work! Were you influenced by Cyclo's Id album? Essential listening/viewing for anyone interested in this stuff, and a superb album even without the visualisation for fans of danceable glitch music. Lossless format such as flac or wav essential for the visual component to work as intended.

Sound/visualisation examples here: (edit: page at Raster-Noton removed - new example of one track here: http://vimeo.com/73860675 )

The vinyl release is a good one to play anyone who believes a lot of the myths about vinyl mastering too, particularly when it comes to panning bass.
Instantly thought about Cyclo too !
I'm eager to try this suite. I'm a big fan of Alva Noto and Cyclo work and I'm
actually searching for sound generators so this suite could be just fine. :)
Venetian Snares also did some crazy stuff with Lissajou if I recall correctly...

Return to “Instruments”