Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

Dip200 wrote:
automatic bypass of processing on silence
Will the processing stop if there is a noise floor ? Can the threshold be adjusted ?
I generate a small amount of hiss myself inside The Drop to get self oscillation going, so I'll make sure the threshold works with that. If you want a higher threshold then I think you are better off using a noise gate prior to The Drop, since then you will have all the attack / release / hold and threshold settings which is what you will need for things like mics or guitars or noisy recordings.

(ps: there are multiple conditions that will need to be met before processing is suspended for each of the modulators and filters, for example the envelope generator will need to be completely decayed to zero, so even if there is no audio at the inputs it will still process. Likewise is there is resonance or modulation internal to The Drop that is causing audible changes then processing will not be halted even if the input is silent)
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Cool, really looking forward to this update. Seems to be huge and awesome.

Andy,

I really appreciate how hard you work on crafting your plugins... Do you have any plans to announce the update to The Drop with a summer sale?

Everglide wrote:Andy,

I really appreciate how hard you work on crafting your plugins... Do you have any plans to announce the update to The Drop with a summer sale?
Thanks.

Nope, the price will remain the same. You can always get an up to 30% discount on your second plugin purchase with cytomic, which will even apply if you buy two plugins at once (ie up to 30% off one of them).

Andy, you will always have my support. Purchasing now... :)

Support ? What does this f**king word "support" mean ? Are you going to donate money to Andy ? Are you going to invest into Cytomic ?

NO. You are just f**king BUYING a license. That is not support ffs.

Everglide wrote:Andy, you will always have my support. Purchasing now... :)
Thanks for supporting Cytomic, every purchase makes a difference, and allows me to keep on developing cool stuff. Cytomic is a family business, just my wife and I, and I hope the quality and functionality of the software we deliver (ok, sometimes very slowly!) can make a difference in your productions :)

Dip200 wrote:Support ? What does this f**king word "support" mean ? Are you going to donate money to Andy ? Are you going to invest into Cytomic ?

NO. You are just f**king BUYING a license. That is not support ffs.
Buy a plug in, Andy gets money. Encourage his craftsmanship on kvr.

Sounds like support to me.

Not sure about the animosity.

Personally purchased The Drop way back as soon as the first public beta was available, classing that as buying a license, supporting Cytomic with it's development and happy to help a quality hardworking developer in making ends meet and in turn supporting his family.

It's a mutual support. We support developers with what we consider to be good and desirable ideas by giving them money, feedback, testing and word-of-mouth promotion; they support us by providing them to us and giving us tech support when they don't work right, and in some cases with continual updates and shared knowledge.

When I release anything that costs money, I certainly hope those who enjoy it choose to support me, instead of just downloading it for free and laughing.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Ok, finished the step sequencer and here is a little video showing off what it can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iXU6VdhK94

Very nice Andy... can't wait! :D

amazing!
yes please :)

Love that step-sequencer! Great job Andy!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Wow.

Return to “Effects”