What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Focusrite Saffire LE + MacOS 10.9 Mavericks?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

rainydays
KVRist

474 posts since 1 May, 2005, from Sweden

Postby rainydays; Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:40 am Focusrite Saffire LE + MacOS 10.9 Mavericks?

Hi there!

I'm going to upgrade from Lion to Mavericks but I want to make sure that everything is going to work for me after the upgrade, especially as I have some recording sessions coming up soon.

Is anyone using a Focusrite Saffire LE with Mavericks and can confirm that it's working?

I know it's not officially supported, but that doesn't mean it couldn't work. So I'm hoping I won't have to invest in a new interface. :)
randomizer72
KVRer

1 post since 18 Jan, 2014

Postby randomizer72; Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:11 pm Re: Focusrite Saffire LE + MacOS 10.9 Mavericks?

I'm using the Saffire le with Mavericks and it's working, but be advised that the saffire le control mixer has a big graphical bug. When you open the control mixer you will see a freezed window but when you move the faders it works, you just have to wait some seconds until theres any kind of graphical refreshment... In ableton live and logic everything runs smoothly.
marchello
KVRer

1 post since 14 Jun, 2014

Postby marchello; Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:04 am Re: Focusrite Saffire LE + MacOS 10.9 Mavericks?

I'm using the first (white) Saffire interface, with the Saffire Control software and I can confirm that the UI, when launched separately - is very unresponsive. you have to wait a lot for something to happen.
but if you launch a saffire plugin inside a DAW, its UI is just fine.
it's very sad because it is still a very good interface, but Focusrite doesn't support it anymore.
Maybe someone will come up with a solution.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Computer Setup and System Configuration