Focusrite Saffire LE + MacOS 10.9 Mavericks?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there!

I'm going to upgrade from Lion to Mavericks but I want to make sure that everything is going to work for me after the upgrade, especially as I have some recording sessions coming up soon.

Is anyone using a Focusrite Saffire LE with Mavericks and can confirm that it's working?

I know it's not officially supported, but that doesn't mean it couldn't work. So I'm hoping I won't have to invest in a new interface. :)

I'm using the Saffire le with Mavericks and it's working, but be advised that the saffire le control mixer has a big graphical bug. When you open the control mixer you will see a freezed window but when you move the faders it works, you just have to wait some seconds until theres any kind of graphical refreshment... In ableton live and logic everything runs smoothly.

I'm using the first (white) Saffire interface, with the Saffire Control software and I can confirm that the UI, when launched separately - is very unresponsive. you have to wait a lot for something to happen.
but if you launch a saffire plugin inside a DAW, its UI is just fine.
it's very sad because it is still a very good interface, but Focusrite doesn't support it anymore.
Maybe someone will come up with a solution.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”