Ohmicide vs. Maul

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aubrey Lamont wrote:Have you tried Devastor? Sounds great on drums.
it's with ilok i think? if yes i dont use ilok.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:it's with ilok i think? if yes i dont use ilok.
D16 plugins don't use iLok

Tried ohmicide last night. The GUI is horrendous and imho as far as the distortion algorithms go I wasn't too impressed. I uninstalled it this morning, mainly because I couldn't bear to look at it anymore.

-Sam

DJMashbot wrote:
dmbaer wrote:I downloaded a trial of Ohmicide. Great sounding but one of the worst user interfaces I've ever seen (just my opinion, of course). FXpansion has great UIs. I've never tried Ohmicide, but Etch is brilliant in that department. If I didn't already have Saturn, I'd be all over the current sale price of $50 USD for Maul.
Where is it $50? I didn't see it on sale at the fxpansion site.
The sale isn't on their own site, it's only on Pluginboutique and just for the weekend or possibly til monday.
pluginboutique.com wrote:We've teamed up with Fxpansion for this weeks exclusive Flash Weekend Sale. Save 50% off on their award winning distortion unit Maul!

still unsure, but i think i will get trash 2 in addition to ohmicide, somehow trash 2 has nice dirty options and seems to be dirtier than maul.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Phase47 wrote:You can't beat FXpansion's modulation system.
I would argue that for my money ohm force has the best modulation across the board I've ever used in an fx plugin. Being able to instantly morph between an octave worth of completely different settings and control the behavior of the morphing allows for some pretty nutty stuff to happen. I still think ohmicide is the king of creative sound design distortions. There are plenty of "warm" and "subtle" signal distorters out there but when you want to break a signal in a serious way I haven't found a better solution. I also love ohm force's GUIs though so maybe I'm just a weirdo.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:
Phase47 wrote:You can't beat FXpansion's modulation system.
I would argue that for my money ohm force has the best modulation across the board I've ever used in an fx plugin. Being able to instantly morph between an octave worth of completely different settings and control the behavior of the morphing allows for some pretty nutty stuff to happen. I still think ohmicide is the king of creative sound design distortions. There are plenty of "warm" and "subtle" signal distorters out there but when you want to break a signal in a serious way I haven't found a better solution. I also love ohm force's GUIs though so maybe I'm just a weirdo.

JJ

Yes I agree. I find Ohmicide insanely brutal and I always go back to it for destruction duties. I like the Ohmforce gui's as well. I am looking at Izotope Trash 2 but for more subtle distortions and drum kit buss processing.

I wish Ohmicide had Maul's interface, or that Maul had Ohmicide's ability to dish out sonic punishment.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Ohmicide is distortion. Everything else is just saturation. :box:

I like the GUIs too. The crazier ones, not the tame alternatives. Especially Symptohm.

Ohmicide is just on another level, though maybe best avoided for subtle saturation

Really love the gui's of their products, and ohmicide is lovely. Just wish it was bigger :shrug:

Yea, always worth restating - some plugins give saturation, Ohmicide gives DISTORTION.

Subtle saturation never really did much for me.

Saturn is not bad, but at the price, given the plugins I already have, and given that I'm buying hardware distortion and fuzz anyway, I'll pass.

Caine123 wrote:still unsure, but i think i will get trash 2 in addition to ohmicide, somehow trash 2 has nice dirty options and seems to be dirtier than maul.
Trash 2 is also excellent, capable of some downright nasty distortion. It's heavier on the CPU, though.

what i love very much about ohmicide is the per band gate <3

i'd like to buy ohmicide for 29$

Return to “Effects”