Indicate Facebook "likeware" (as opposed to freeware)

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Small thing, but imo likeware is a bit different to completely free technically (as it's asking to do something in return).

Example

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/winkl-by-tekit

only available via FB like

I agree ...

Me too. :tu:

+1

This term is yet to be defined on wikipedia, you are thinking ahead of the pack :tu:

And what are free plugins that need to register an account first called then - registerware?
And if you just need to enter your mail adress for the download link; mailware?
This all was free like in "free of cost" until now...

I offered this after collecting enough Facebook-shares of the post - so it's shareware then ? :hihi:
ImageImage

WOK wrote:And what are free plugins that need to register an account first called then - registerware?
And if you just need to enter your mail adress for the download link; mailware?
This all was free like in "free of cost" until now...
You're right, it's the same thing basically. Now that i think about it, the stuff which is really free without any obligation is pretty rare, isn't it? Fair enough though, we don't live in a society of give and take, but hard dollars. :P

Well, it's not that I've invented this term. :D
I've read it somewhere before, probably here somewhere.

WOK, ok, fair points.
And it's not that I want to bash any dev that does this (own decision, fine), it's just that that I'm out on "likeware" (personal decision also), so an indication would just save me from bothering to go there in the first place.

But as said, small thing really.

You are right as the main problem with the "likeware" is, that it's mostly not a standard facebook-like, but there is a 3rd party app doing the trick to unveil the download. And this 3rd party app is then collecting all my information, inkl. mail adress, friends names etc. So I blocked all FB apps anyway and got away from the idea of doing this with my own plugins. It could be called spiware (steal personal information) :D
ImageImage

WOK wrote:You are right as the main problem with the "likeware" is, that it's mostly not a standard facebook-like, but there is a 3rd party app doing the trick to unveil the download. And this 3rd party app is then collecting all my information, inkl. mail adress, friends names etc. So I blocked all FB apps anyway and got away from the idea of doing this with my own plugins. It could be called spiware (steal personal information) :D
Well, but if you'd register a Facebook account with wrong personal informations and a throw-away-email-address - only to get likely-ware -, then nobody could steal anything important... :shrug:

I've decided not to have a Facebook account because I don't like Facebook, so I only could send out dislikes!

Tricky-Loops wrote:
WOK wrote:You are right as the main problem with the "likeware" is, that it's mostly not a standard facebook-like, but there is a 3rd party app doing the trick to unveil the download. And this 3rd party app is then collecting all my information, inkl. mail adress, friends names etc. So I blocked all FB apps anyway and got away from the idea of doing this with my own plugins. It could be called spiware (steal personal information) :D
Well, but if you'd register a Facebook account with wrong personal informations and a throw-away-email-address - only to get likely-ware -, then nobody could steal anything important... :shrug:

I've decided not to have a Facebook account because I don't like Facebook, so I only could send out dislikes!
I have two accounts already, private and business - havin to switch forth and back already. (+ ebay, paypal, shareit, google................) I don't want a third one just to download "likeware"....
ImageImage

There's another one today, I think it's Synthmaker. I guess I shouldn't expect much from someone who makes something publicly available labelled as "cannabis".

Might as well be called "dodge the cops" or "yo I gotz no self control dawg". :hyper:
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Good one! Now I'm waiting for hateware to emerge.

No_Use wrote:Small thing, but imo likeware is a bit different to completely free technically (as it's asking to do something in return).

Example

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/winkl-by-tekit

only available via FB like

Likeware is totally ignored by me. As soon as I notice I have to "like it", I stop right there. Worse are software that want to connect directly to your account. Although I haven't yet encounterd an audio software that tries to do that.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Just get a separate farcebook account for likeware. “Problem” gone.

Once I bit the bullet and sold out by setting up a farcical facebook account, I accept the unacceptable and like something just to get it.
What irks me more than anything is that I hate having to like something before I have actually tried it. But I see in some places you can unlike it, which I have done when it has deserved it.

But yesterday I got some listenware. You can download the plugin, but unless you listen to at least one track on bandcamp or soundcloud the download zip doesn't appear to open ! Brilliant. I have no idea what else this genius can manipulate me into to doing or what he can do with my computer but I was so glad I listened to the track, I listened to all of them.

Return to “Site Stuff”