IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Ben H wrote:
audientronic wrote:I've barely used my Sampletank products since I bought them (I think it was the microscopic GUI), but with 600 dollars already invested in IK products I made the only noble choice I could: I upgraded just so I could use the damn things. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised. Keeping an open mind for now. I hear the pianos are good.
Really? I went the other way and decided not to waste another dime. Especially after this so-called "loyalty discount" never materialised.

I've been burned to many times to want to stick my hand in the fire again.
Well, I respect that. I was being ironic when I said "noble", of course.
Since this is finally the two things I wanted--64-bit and a bigger interface--figure I'd give it a last stab. But unless I fall in love, I ain't buyin' no expansion packs.

OT: Ben do you use the SWAM clarinets? Do you like them? (saw it in your sig). I really want a good clarinet.

Hi...well the upgrade pricing is not too bad in my opinion, but I have some serious objections. Besides the strange 3-tiered pricing of pre-order, introductory and regular, the main thing is where is the loyalty bonus that was promised for those that bought SampleTank 2.5 way back??? The other thing is that someone with just one inexpensive IK Multimedia product can get the same crossgrade price as someone who has bought many more expensive IK Multimedia products. Don't get me wrong, it is good that IK Multimedia product holders can get SampleTank 3 for a better price than a first time buyer, but by the same token, multiple IK Multimedia product holders especially those that have bought many products over many years should get even better prices, especially when some kind of special treatment was specifically offered for long-time (and patient I must add) SampleTank 2.5 owners. IK Multimedia should realize that new customers will notice the feedback that legacy customers are giving, because every new customer eventually becomes a legacy customer and will face the same thing!

Yeah, the IK way, you can use your jampoints on everything now except on whateveritiscalled pricing that we've just thought of.

Next time it'll be possible to use them on introductory pricing but there'll be none of that, because they'call it pre-introductory pricing and well, you can't use jampoints on that.

Btw, as you can get only a 30% off with jampoints, best you can do after preorder is close to intro pricing, never bellow that. With the old system you could have (up to 50% off) but you couldn't use jampoints on everything like you can now.

Oh wait...

n/m
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I move that IKM be nominated for most-loved VST software company. Can I have a second? Hello? Hello? Is this thing on? I'll be here all week folks, try the veal, you'll love it!
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Save the baby cows.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

As an owner of Sample Tank and Sonic Synth, I checked my upgrade price for 3. $149. $149? And that's if I act now without even being able to demo a single sound. No way.

I am soooo glad I gave up waiting and upgraded Kontakt to Komplete 9 for $199 last year. Now THAT's a deal and that's a company.

IK, you continue to amaze me with how you handle your business.

Ben H wrote:
audientronic wrote:I've barely used my Sampletank products since I bought them (I think it was the microscopic GUI), but with 600 dollars already invested in IK products I made the only noble choice I could: I upgraded just so I could use the damn things. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised. Keeping an open mind for now. I hear the pianos are good.
Really? I went the other way and decided not to waste another dime. Especially after this so-called "loyalty discount" never materialised.

The preorder is running now, upon release we will have both introductory pricing and a bonus for longer-term users of SampleTank 2 XL (and Miroslav Full) as JamPoints of the max amount you can use at that time.

Also, based on other messages I'm seeing, note that currently SampleTank 2XL and Miroslav Philharmonik Full owners would qualify for the lowest upgrade, and anybody who isn't seeing that price offered can contact support as they should indeed qualify. Details at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4109

soulata wrote: Next time it'll be possible to use them on introductory pricing but there'll be none of that, because they'call it pre-introductory pricing and well, you can't use jampoints on that.
Yes, JamPoints will be usable on introductory pricing. Thank you for allowing me to clarify that.

the upgrade and crossgrade prices are both very good for such a product. also it's cool they have a pre-order with even more discount. where they said the intro-price would be different without a pre-order period? think again.

ps. i'm no fanboy of IK as everybody know but the pre-order low price is cool. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thanks, murnau, I'm glad you are happy with the pricing.

I know we ended before preorder with screenshots aplenty of the Ethnic category, and people really wanted audio demos instead so note we do have a lot of those and here's one.

SampleTank 3: Full bagpipes with drone in the bottom octave: http://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/st3-bagpipes

Get all audio demos here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... nk-3-audio

Of course you can preorder SampleTank 3 now, coming in July - http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4109

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Ben H wrote:

The preorder is running now, upon release we will have both introductory pricing and a bonus for longer-term users of SampleTank 2 XL (and Miroslav Full) as JamPoints of the max amount you can use at that time.

Also, based on other messages I'm seeing, note that currently SampleTank 2XL and Miroslav Philharmonik Full owners would qualify for the lowest upgrade, and anybody who isn't seeing that price offered can contact support as they should indeed qualify. Details at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4109
But I already upgraded, is there some other bonus coming for me as a long-time full miroslav owner?

audientronic wrote:
Ben H wrote:

But I already upgraded, is there some other bonus coming for me as a long-time full miroslav owner?
haha, feels almost cheeky to ask...but, go on then. the icing on a very nice cake :)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
audientronic wrote:
Ben H wrote:

haha, feels almost cheeky to ask...but, go on then. the icing on a very nice cake :)
Not really. I'm trying to understand Peter's post. Is the bonus just that I get to use more jam points if I want to buy the upgrade after the pre-order? Or is it something else?

The bonus is JamPoints, as stated above.

Return to “Instruments”