XILS-Lab, PolyKB II Player, XILS 3 LE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's the name of the synth previous to Clarke's? And if I got it right. Clarke's synth is the Polykobolt 1?
considering the small number of that synth ever made. I wonder what the serial number of his synth might be? :-)

sfd wrote:What's the name of the synth previous to Clarke's? And if I got it right. Clarke's synth is the Polykobolt 1?
considering the small number of that synth ever made. I wonder what the serial number of his synth might be? :-)
The Polyfusion Modular, the most advanced version of the previous modular System A, who was made by Polyfusion (the company still exists).

It's like Doepfer: you build your own synth, very basic... or insanely complex.
See:
http://www.preservationsound.com/?p=1470
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

sfd wrote:And if I got it right. Clarke's synth is the Polykobolt 1?
Even not. It's the monophonic Kobol which was made in 1976 (if I recall correctly)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Oh la la! I rushed to that page. Though I could have a DY little Polykobolt :-)

boombaxx wrote:Thanks for posting a link to my freebank i am working on a 128 preset bank called Moons of the solar system for the poly kb2 as there is hundreds of them so plenty names to choose from and inspiration for the actual sound. Still a bit to go before it is finished nearly there. There will also be KSD,s for NI Kore and a Korg Kontrol 49 controller map for the Poly Kb2 covering most of the synth functions. I will release a 16 preset demo bank in the near future
Looking forward to your new sound bank, thanks!
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

Yeah, I'm also really looking forward to the new soundbanks! :-)

RLSguitar wrote:
boombaxx wrote:Thanks for posting a link to my freebank i am working on a 128 preset bank called Moons of the solar system for the poly kb2 as there is hundreds of them so plenty names to choose from and inspiration for the actual sound. Still a bit to go before it is finished nearly there. There will also be KSD,s for NI Kore and a Korg Kontrol 49 controller map for the Poly Kb2 covering most of the synth functions. I will release a 16 preset demo bank in the near future
Looking forward to your new sound bank, thanks!

As am I, say Boomer you were on the forum over at xilslab did you snag that file of 100 presets from synthoid? is there anyway to get ahold of him to see about getting him to upload those for the rest of us?

And I love Vince Clarke's huge humour!
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

It's very nice to see (and hear) all these goldy oldies. Especially when introduced by someone who has such a huge humour. Sometimes I felt a bit I was hearing myself or my brother.

But the videos in his page are somewhat... hem... small.

So I have managed to get the direct URL of his videos to be able to watch them in full... hmmm no... WIDEscreen! How? Shhhh...

Here they are, in the same order than on his website:
1 - SCI - ProOne
2 - Roland - System 100M
3 - ARP - ARP 2600
4 - Boss - DR55 Drum Machine + Roland Jupiter-4
5 - Synton - Syrinx
6 - Polyfusion - Polyfusion Modular
7 - RSF - Kobol
8 - Korg - MS-20

Another hint: to have the videos still bigger, don't hesitate: set your browser momentarily in fullscreen. Generally it is by the key F11 (and it is a toggle key, you press it once more to exit the fullscreen mode).

Hem... Those who would like to build themselves their own Roland System 100M (M for Modular) in a bedroom armoire or even in a kitchen kit... I have all the schemas. The most difficult will be to find the components on the 2014 market.

Ah, this is so nice!

I'd no idea you where a hacker he he! :-)

Great to see you being mentioned in the newsletter. Great job with the manuals!

I think lotuzla should employ you in XILS! :-)

sfd wrote:Ah, this is so nice!

I'd no idea you where a hacker he he! :-)

Great to see you being mentioned in the newsletter. Great job with the manuals!

I think lotuzla should employ you in XILS! :-)
To colorize the synths?

maybe I read the post wrong, but I can't figure out how to import soundbanks into the Poly KB2 player. I can see where it says to import banks, but it's greyed out. I also tried to find the folder with the factory presets thinking I could load in there, but no luck. thanks for any help.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

BlackWinny wrote:
sfd wrote:And if I got it right. Clarke's synth is the Polykobolt 1?
Even not. It's the monophonic Kobol which was made in 1976 (if I recall correctly)
Yes it was a nice rack expander, and I missed the opportunity to buy one sevral years ago because I was too broke at that time. Opposite to some analogs that were selling at low prices during the 90s, Kobold were always rather expensive and hi rated. For good reasons.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

michael2 wrote:maybe I read the post wrong, but I can't figure out how to import soundbanks into the Poly KB2 player. I can see where it says to import banks, but it's greyed out. I also tried to find the folder with the factory presets thinking I could load in there, but no luck. thanks for any help.
Hi Michael,

Could you please contact Xils-Lab via Xils 'contact us' utility, include your details ( OS, Version, Daw, what soundbanks you're trying to load in the PKbII Player ) and we'll try to help and solve your problem.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Instruments”