Blue 2 - What's Your Take?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does the non-demo version allow you to add your own waves? Er... just googled Aiyn Zhev's review... no can do en el importo de wavo... hmmm... that's a big limitation that I'm not quite sure I understand, except if the idea is to sell "expansion packs" (blech! Image)... anyway, is it me or is there no piano sample in the bunch? Didn't see one in the demo, maybe I didn't look hard enough. In any event, if you could just load your own multisamples it'd be an all around killer, IMO, considering a lot of contemporary hybrids provide those facilities to one degree or another... Nemesis and Synthmaster come to mind... :shrug:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

I find myself wondering for a moment on why the comparison to Blue II is Dune 2, other than their proximity of release, it seems to me they're two different ways at achieving the same sounds in a certain overlap with the question being what they can do outside of that intersection.

As always, it would be subjective at most, but when I started checking out Blue II, I found I was comparing it more to Omnisphere than Dune 2. And in that regards, for me, I feel Blue II is a better choice than Omnisphere in most of the things I would use it for.

I also found the demo restrictions of both Blue II & Dune 2 to be something that requires far too quick of a decision in using. And so, in my case, they cut off their nose in spite of their face; and any further trial is out of the question.

Bottom line for me was that Alchemy does what I need in this category and so I find the synths mentioned above to be good, but unnecessary for me.

Not sure if there's a de facto comparison with Dune 2, other than a recent thread from somebody deciding between the two... Though I haven't read all the threads, so maybe I'm missing something... I think there's a natural inclination to compare these things, old and new, anyway... E.g., how long before we see a thread titled "Are Blue II basses phatter than Diva basses?" or some such thing... :shrug: Anyway, I think a closer comparison for Blue II would be perhaps Synthmaster? Anyway... they all be good... and fairly priced, which is fantastic for all of us... :tu:

There is a difference in sound and amount of features.
Dune has faster envelopes and modulation. But it's not FM orientated. The workflow is faster two.
Blue 2 has so many envelopes and LFOs in a single (and only) layer, plus many morphing possibilities.

The only synth I use now. If you make some sort of complex electronic music that thing may be all you'll ever need.
Tons of modulation and sound shaping options, everything is modular, onboard fx system is totally targetable and all fx are top notch.
With several algorithms one can have patches that, with proper operation can become unique instruments with very broad original timbre range. Love it and choose over massive, diversion, dune, tone2 synths and others.. Drop over it ohmcide and proper enhancing/mastering chain and you have top notch sounds without problems as Blue 2 is very good optimized and not cpu hungry at all:)
you can't stop what can't be stopped

demoed, then bought the license from jrr. seems like i can not activate the demo. is that right? nowhere on the rp page it was written to download the full file again...
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:demoed, then bought the license from jrr. seems like i can not activate the demo. is that right? nowhere on the rp page it was written to download the full file again...
Please visit the software company's website to register and download your new software.
Enjoy!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Lol, you are right / JRR is right..

..somehow i had to delete the demo first for it to work.
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:Lol, you are right / JRR is right..

..somehow i had to delete the demo first for it to work.
:)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Concerning issues I'm not using it much since sometimes it won't let the host recall the preset as it was tweaked with the project, the way all other commercial plugins I have do. I found I had to save every preset and variations on a preset within the rigid old school preset management system of Blue II itself to be sure it would be recalled as desired. As I generally make a slight variation on a patch/preset that I've made from scratch from the init patch for every new version of a project it became to much of a hassle.

That this issue comes and goes makes me question the stability of the plugin in its present form, it happens slightly less than half the time. I mentioned it to usersupport and the reply was I had to use it's own built in preset management system to save my presets.

All my other plugins just work and let the host do the recalling as I think they should, why can't Blue II? :? It's even more expensive than many of them. Dissapointing. :(

V-GER wrote:That this issue comes and goes makes me question the stability of the plugin in its present form, it happens slightly less than half the time. I mentioned it to usersupport and the reply was I had to use it's own built in preset management system to save my presets.
Really!? That's what I would classify under "the wrong answer"...

BBFG# wrote:I also found the demo restrictions of both Blue II & Dune 2 to be something that requires far too quick of a decision in using. And so, in my case, they cut off their nose in spite of their face; and any further trial is out of the question.
Blue and Predator work past their 30 day demo date. All I noticed was noise being more frequent. Great for people like me who usually change their minds later on ( I just reinstalled it again). :)

awol9000 wrote:
BBFG# wrote:I also found the demo restrictions of both Blue II & Dune 2 to be something that requires far too quick of a decision in using. And so, in my case, they cut off their nose in spite of their face; and any further trial is out of the question.
Blue and Predator work past their 30 day demo date. All I noticed was noise being more frequent. Great for people like me who usually change their minds later on ( I just reinstalled it again). :)
Yes they do, and the noise became so frequent I couldn't take it anymore.

If you have a bug and let them know in the appropriate thread below Rob and Concrete Fx team are always quick to respond. That's why we have separate developer threads here (I believe )

osiris wrote:If you have a bug and let them know in the appropriate thread below Rob and Concrete Fx team are always quick to respond. That's why we have separate developer threads here (I believe )
It's not a bug since it's designed that way. It is however, an annoying nag.
I think given more time with less nag, I would have probably succumbed to buying it.

Return to “Instruments”