Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is it worth to upgrade this at all? :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I'll quote myself from this post.
BDeep wrote:I couldn't wait. I was waiting for this sale to come along to get GT. And I just did. My gut feeling tells me the regular Supercharger will be in Komplete 10 and the GT version in Ultimate. If they're not, I'll just sell it for 25 again :)
For anyone in doubt btw, this really is an excellent compressor and deserves a demo (even if you didn't gel with the freebie), and it's well worth a multiple of its current upgrade price.
Short answer: Yes (al IMHO and YMMV and all of that ;))

Caine123 wrote:is it worth to upgrade this at all? :)
At $24.50, why not? I just got it and I'm going to check it out when I get home...

Yes! It's an aggressive yet flexible compressor. I enjoy it most on drums: kicks, snares, and even drum busses. I paid full price for the upgrade when it was first released and still feel I got a great deal. It's a no-brainer at $25.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

How often does NI do these 50% discounts? I'm trying to not buy any plugins for like a year or something, but if this deal wont come around again around that time, I should probably jump on it now.

At least two time a year (the other in December). If you're patient, with NI, there almost always will be another sale.

Yeah that's what I figured, waves seems the same. Atleast once a year there's a slamming deal.

Here's the thing. Between the saturation and the character and those controls, the attack and release...it's worth 25 bucks easy. The other thing was printing/freezing in supercharger wasn't as smooth (I'm guess because of the fixed attack/release) and there were problems with the beginning of a printed clip, but GT seems much better and you can still slam if you'd like.

It's worth a demo. Unless you are just TIGHT financially, it's not like you'll do better than 24.50.

hibidy wrote:Here's the thing. Between the saturation and the character and those controls, the attack and release...it's worth 25 bucks easy. The other thing was printing/freezing in supercharger wasn't as smooth (I'm guess because of the fixed attack/release) and there were problems with the beginning of a printed clip, but GT seems much better and you can still slam if you'd like.

It's worth a demo. Unless you are just TIGHT financially, it's not like you'll do better than 24.50.
Yeah I know that, I'll probably pick it up at some point, I was just wondering if this 50% off deal will come around again at some point, or if I should get it now.

Seems to be about every 6 months. I could be wrong about that.

Gah I caved anyways... Dont regret it tho, haha.

It's fun seeing how it's a unique design, but that the Slam, Punch, and Gentle modes really resemble the classic FET, VCA, and OPTO modes :P

hibidy wrote:Seems to be about every 6 months. I could be wrong about that.
Nope thats about right...

itneveris wrote:Gah I caved anyways... Dont regret it tho, haha.

It's fun seeing how it's a unique design, but that the Slam, Punch, and Gentle modes really resemble the classic FET, VCA, and OPTO modes :P
Congrats!

I ordered Supercharger GT hours ago and still haven't received anything. I sent a support e-mail so hopefully that gets me somewhere.

NI was really quick with my order earlier today.

Return to “Effects”