Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hueynym wrote:
paterpeter wrote:
elxsound wrote:Anyone know if the upgrade to K9 Ultimate (from K8) comes on a hard drive, or is it disc installers?
It comes on a 2.5" HDD.
Just as a caveat, in case you were hoping to be able to run K9 from its hard drive (as I was) - it's an INSTALL ONLY device, and requires 2 USB plugs (cable provided) for power.
Nice thing is there's space left on the hard drive to safe updates and 3rd party libraries for future use, always use a back up elsewhere though :)

So, is everything K9 (not U) downloadable then?
Eternitysound VST Banks

Should be, yes...

Komplete_9_Installation_Disc.iso
Komplete_9_Battery_Disc.iso
Komplete_9_Kontakt_Disc_A.iso
Komplete_9_Kontakt_Disc_B.iso
Komplete_9_Kontakt_Disc_C.iso
Komplete_9_Kontakt_Disc_D.iso
Komplete_9_Kontakt_Disc_E.iso
Komplete_9_Kontakt_Disc_F.iso
Komplete_9_Kontakt_Disc_G.iso
Komplete_9_Kontakt_Disc_H.iso
Komplete_9_Kontakt_Disc_I.iso
Komplete_9_Kontakt_Disc_J.iso

Same for MAC ones ...

Hmmm, weird, just went onto their site, only gives me the option to buy a boxed copy of K9... stink.
Eternitysound VST Banks

Yes, you are right. Sorry. But after you register your serial, these ISOs will be available in your account@NI.
Last edited by paulbreeze on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cool... wonder why they're forcing shipping then... regardless, shipping's free to New Zealand, so can't complain tbh! :o
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:Hmmm, weird, just went onto their site, only gives me the option to buy a boxed copy of K9... stink.
NI has band-limited servers.
Shipping is cheaper way to sale than the servers with high band.

GeorgeZ wrote:Hmmm, weird, just went onto their site, only gives me the option to buy a boxed copy of K9... stink.
Well, it is a huge volume to download, even on the fastest connection. IMHO, best reason for upgrading to the Komplete Ultimate version is the hard drive. Plug it in, click the mouse, go make a sandwich, put gas in the car, pick up the kids and, tah dah! Installed.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

MillerSam wrote:Intro Offer AAS String Studio VS-2

For Users of VS-1 an absolute bargain price ;) You pay already 39 Dollar for the sound library
+1 Thanks for the info. I never got an offer mail from AAS, I guess because I bought VS-1 secondhand.

Anyhow the upgrade and installation went very quick :tu:

First impression is that unfortunately AAS has gone for a miniscular GUI just like in the case of VA-2, I feel sorry for those with big hi-res screens, it's gonna small to deal with, and there is still no way to resize the GUI?

Yeah why, there is some unfathomable genius at play at NI in this case here.

Nobody can just buy a serial and then download the content. No, you gotta buy a box and wait for it to be delivered, and when you have installed the DVD's and registered Komplete, then you have access to download the content, but then as you have installed the content, you have no need to download

Total Catch 22

The thing with the cloud storage is if you should happen to loose your discs, and need to reinstall Komplete later, then it will come in handy...

Anyone grabbed Woosh from meltedsounds? Wondering if it is as cool as it looks in the demo. =]

Ok, the plot thickens: A local [legit] retailer is offering the boxed copy at the same discount atm. They however only have a crossgrade copy in stock specifying "for owners of Machine". I noted I can't use that as I'm crossgrading from Massive?! They called their "digital" product buyer / cat. manager who said nah it's fine, it'll work ok... Anyone have any insight into this? Will it work? I'm not so damn sure tbh...
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:Ok, the plot thickens: A local [legit] retailer is offering the boxed copy at the same discount atm. They however only have a crossgrade copy in stock specifying "for owners of Machine". I noted I can't use that as I'm crossgrading from Massive?! They called their "digital" product buyer / cat. manager who said nah it's fine, it'll work ok... Anyone have any insight into this? Will it work? I'm not so damn sure tbh...
The K9 crossgrade at NI says:

"This crossgrade only works for users of MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, MASCHINE MIKRO, KONTAKT, REAKTOR 2-5, GUITAR RIG PRO, GUITAR RIG KONTROL, ABSYNTH, BATTERY, FM8, MASSIVE, ACTION STRINGS, ACTION STRIKES, DAMAGE, EVOLVE, PREMIUM TUBE SERIES, REVERB CLASSICS BUNDLE, SOLID MIX SERIES, VINTAGE COMPRESSORS, SESSION HORNS PRO, SESSION STRINGS PRO
You won't be able to install and activate this version unless you own one of the required products listed above!"

So you should be OK.

The Cat label on this particiular crossgrade is "NATIVE INSTRUMENTS KOMPLETE 9 CROSSGRADE FROM MASCHINE LIMITED TIME OFFER - DOES NOT APPLY TO MASCHINE MIKRO OWNERS".... sorry, I'm a complete NI noob:

http://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/recordin ... e-lto.html

So all NI crossgrades are in fact the same "box"?
Eternitysound VST Banks

Naenyn wrote:Anyone grabbed Woosh from meltedsounds? Wondering if it is as cool as it looks in the demo. =]
Not yet... Hoping to pick it up, but gotta pace myself as I'm still mulling over the decision to get K9 ultimate.

If you get it, please post your thoughts!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”