What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Bobbotov
KVRian

994 posts since 14 May, 2008, from Tralfamadore

Postby Bobbotov; Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:28 am

dreadnought wrote:
By the way, what's a guy who's able to program such a cool instrument doing in Siberia anyway? I don't have any skills at all, and I still get to live comfortably in Portlandia. That doesn't seem fair, but it's all just a crapshoot, I guess.

Hoping for the best for Boris. . .

First of all Boris grew up in Kurgan so he had family roots there. He thought Moscow was a shithole and I think he preferred the relative isolation, although Kurgan is a fair sized city if you Google it. He also had a family business there (a clothing store) that fell on hard times hence the job change necessity. Plus with the Internet he wasn't as isolated as he would have been a few decades ago. It's a digital global village now.
dreadnought
KVRist

70 posts since 29 Apr, 2004

Postby dreadnought; Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 am

Tricky-Loops wrote:
dreadnought wrote:By the way, what's a guy who's able to program such a cool instrument doing in Siberia anyway? I don't have any skills at all, and I still get to live comfortably in Portlandia.
Maybe because he is born there and has still a strong connection to his homeland in Siberia (which has magnificent landscapes, BTW)?

If all Russian programmers would leave their country, there wouldn't be any progress in Siberia...

Sure, that's a possibility. It was really more of a rhetorical musing. It's not like I thought he was confined to a gulag or something.
dreadnought
KVRist

70 posts since 29 Apr, 2004

Postby dreadnought; Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:39 am

Bobbotov wrote:
dreadnought wrote:
By the way, what's a guy who's able to program such a cool instrument doing in Siberia anyway? I don't have any skills at all, and I still get to live comfortably in Portlandia. That doesn't seem fair, but it's all just a crapshoot, I guess.

First of all Boris grew up in Kurgan

Just realized they named the bad guy in Highlander after his hometown...
robojam
KVRAF

20784 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:56 am

dreadnought wrote:
Bobbotov wrote:
dreadnought wrote:

First of all Boris grew up in Kurgan

Just realized they named the bad guy in Highlander after his hometown...

Strange...I thought there could be only one...
KLS
KVRist

103 posts since 4 Aug, 2008, from Atlanta, GA

Postby KLS; Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:05 pm Re: PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

I just looked at the AlgoMusic website and it appears to be up and fully functioning. Doesn't Boris own and run that site as well?
Bobbotov
KVRian

Postby Bobbotov; Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:22 pm Re: PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

Boris had developed a few VSTs that they sell but I believe he ended the relationship some years ago after Tim Conrardy died (they developed Atomic together). He does not own the site and has had nothing to do with running it.
Gedrocht
KVRer

1 post since 26 Oct, 2008, from Utrecht

Postby Gedrocht; Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:10 am Re: PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

Please see rule #4 here:
viewtopic.php?t=44705
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8269 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:36 am Re: PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

I'm wondering why Bobbotov still has the M-RGT website in his signature, although the website leads to Asian social sites now... :o

BTW, any news from Boris? Still lost in Siberia?
Bobbotov
KVRian

Postby Bobbotov; Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:39 am Re: PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

I haven't checked my signature recently but I will remove it.

Yes, Boris is lost somewhere for sure.
Numanoid
KVRAF

8619 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:53 am Re: PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

Bobbotov wrote:Yes, Boris is lost somewhere for sure.

...or headhuntet?

I would think his expertise with coding and programming would mean he could have signed up with a bigger developer?
Halb Wesen und halb Ding
Bobbotov
KVRian

Postby Bobbotov; Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:40 am Re: PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

Possibly, but he really only knew Synthedit. I tried to encourage him to learn C+ but he never did.
BBFG#
KVRAF

3515 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:43 am Re: PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

Bobbotov wrote:Possibly, but he really only knew Synthedit. I tried to encourage him to learn C+ but he never did.

Maybe he's learning that now?
One could hope...
I think I would probably buy a 64 bit version of these.
Bobbotov
KVRian

Postby Bobbotov; Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:21 am Re: PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

I wouldn't get my hopes up unfortunately.
Numanoid
KVRAF

8619 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:00 am Re: PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

Bobbotov wrote:Possibly, but he really only knew Synthedit.

But he knows SE very well. I still use his older plugs a lot, like Intro :tu:
Halb Wesen und halb Ding
Bobbotov
KVRian

Postby Bobbotov; Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:09 am Re: PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

Yes he does.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments