Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

actually it shows in Cubase 6 x64 as a VST3. maybe due to the cubase bit bridge?

I'm the Dexed author and it does sound awesome :wink: ; but that's not my work, it's Raph Levien work with his music-synthesizer-for-android project. I just thought it could be useful as plugin. I'm very happy with the result. I'm still working on the engine to sound as close as possible to a real DX7.

I'm definitely open to collaborate with graphic designers. Having a background texture and a set of common knobs would give it a better look... PM-me if you are interested. And I admit, Dexed looks programmerish, but I still want a single panel with 144 'somewhat knobs'. I am planning on incorporating any UI change in the next milestone (eg. 0.6) to be sure that 0.5.x is functional and rock solid.

I've fixed the Fruityloops issue (maybe other DAWs); check with version 0.5.1.

I've also added the 64-bit build into the VST OS X, also with 0.5.1

Let me know if you have anymore issue here or by opening an issue on github.

Thanks.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Amazing synthesizer. Very good FM sound possibly the closest to the DX7 as I think. Thank you very much for that great work. I made a demo with Dexed using six instances. Hope you like.
https://soundcloud.com/iu-gob/dexed-demo
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Nice work on the FL Stuio fix. Sounds very good :clap: :clap:

Cool demo Iu Gob :tu:
:tu: All is good

Having had a good play around with this synth for most of the morning, I have to complement the sound creators for making such highly realistic patches, It is also CPU friendly. I like the option to import sysex from DX/TX Programs. I do look forward to an updated GUI and hope one of the many members on here can collaborate on a nice looking final skin. It deserves it :tu:

First of all, I'd like to confirm that now the synth works & sounds ok in FL - thanks for the fix ;)

Second: so this can actually load DX programs? Wow ;) Can someone share a link/website where we can find such stuff for download? Sometimes these resources are scattered on some very confusing websites and it's difficult to navigate through... ;) Tnx ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

asb2m10 wrote:I'm the Dexed author.....
I'm definitely open to collaborate with graphic designers. Having a background texture and a set of common knobs would give it a better look... PM-me if you are interested.....
PM sent about graphic design.

It's a shame that absolutely nobody here hasn't thought to complete the counters "I own", "Favorite", "In my studio" etc. in the product page. As these counters are desperately at 1, it means necessarily that I am for the moment the only one to have done it.

Could you do it? To help this developer and to encourage him, it would be a good idea to do it, because these counters are very, very, very used by the visitors.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny,
Being relatively new here on KVR, I'm still discovering all the functions and features. Just curious about the difference between 'I Own This' and 'My Actual Studio'.
Regardless, I added my support. I've just installed this and it sounds very close to my DX7, especially that classic tubular bells sound.

AusDisciple wrote:Just curious about the difference between 'I Own This' and 'My Actual Studio'.
It isn't documented anywhere.

"I own this", of course, seems obvious. It means:
  • "The product have been downloaded and saved somewhere in local, but not necessarily installed".
I think that "My actual studio" means:
  • "The product is not only downloaded and saved but it is also really installed presently and I use it often enough to really enjoy its interest".
I think that "My perfect studio" means:
  • "The product is not only installed but it is permanently installed and used".
I think that "Favorites" means:
  • "I would leave it for anything in the world".
All that has never been documented in the help pages of KVR nor in the forums of Site Stuff, but I guess the meanings of these tags is probably in these nuances.

There is one thing which is sure: the tags "I own" and "Favorites" are very used to assess a product by a visitor, everywhere, because it is generally a good indication of the popularity (but not necessarily of the quality, of course, the former being not necessarily proportional to the latter).
Last edited by BlackWinny on Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Deleted

Thanks for the explanation BlackWinny. I ended up ticking "I own this", "My actual studio", and "Favorites", because that seemed most applicable (did that before reading your explanation). I did the same just then for u-he Diva and Bazille too.

AusDisciple wrote:Thanks for the explanation BlackWinny. I ended up ticking "I own this", "My actual studio", and "Favorites", because that seemed most applicable (did that before reading your explanation). I did the same just then for u-he Diva and Bazille too.

Thanks for the explanation BlackWinny. I did not know :wink:.
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

BlackWinny wrote:It's a shame that absolutely nobody here hasn't thought to complete the counters "I own", "Favorite", "In my studio" etc. in the product page. As these counters are desperately at 1, it means necessarily that I am for the moment the only one to have done it.
It's a new plugin, let it cook for a while and ppl to experiment with it and in time it will score points ;)

On the other hand, honestly I've never done that even when it comes to stuff that I use frequently - it has never crossed my mind. And that's because there's no direct connection between the forums (where all the action is) and the website sections (which are mostly...dead) - IMO the plugins section needs a total overhaul and new ways to push ppl into active colab.

But the thing with software is that there are so many updates and fixes that today's good & accurate review might be tomorrow's inaccurate info...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Return to “Instruments”