AAS String Studio VS-2 official released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
String Studio VS-2

Gosh wrote:
BlackWinny wrote: And really, the soundbank Journey (128 presets inspired by old traditional instruments of the world) is totally amazing. Just for the pleasure to create new personal patches by taking points of start in this bank I have upgraded!
while i agree with you that the journeys soundbank is great, i like the entangled species soundset even a bit more. definitely worth checking out (and also the third party banks by himalaya and xenos).
cheers
I posted a bunch of presets in the AAS library (back when SS initially came out)... should still be there.

pdxindy wrote:
Gosh wrote:
BlackWinny wrote: And really, the soundbank Journey (128 presets inspired by old traditional instruments of the world) is totally amazing. Just for the pleasure to create new personal patches by taking points of start in this bank I have upgraded!
while i agree with you that the journeys soundbank is great, i like the entangled species soundset even a bit more. definitely worth checking out (and also the third party banks by himalaya and xenos).
cheers
I posted a bunch of presets in the AAS library (back when SS initially came out)... should still be there.
Thanks!
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

a nice update plus i like the new gui and gui size. now, if they update ultra analog and lounge lizard to the same gui size as string studio i will be more than happy. :tu:

pdxindy wrote:
BBFG# wrote: (BTW, I'm one that has no problem with the VA-2 GUI)
That would be because you don't actually use it to edit sounds...
I programmed an entire bank (100 patches) on the new GUI and the tabs never bothered me either. :shrug:

Regarding String Studio VS-2, I received a link for AAS to get it for $29 (though I don't own VS-1 anymore) but I'm not sure whether I'm going to get it or not. Maybe I should give the demo a shot.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
I programmed an entire bank (100 patches) on the new GUI and the tabs never bothered me either. :shrug:

Regarding String Studio VS-2, I received a link for AAS to get it for $29 (though I don't own VS-1 anymore) but I'm not sure whether I'm going to get it or not. Maybe I should give the demo a shot.
Feel the need to reiterate... I do edit in it all the time, both versions, I just don't program from scratch in it.
And for those that only want the sounds in non-edit player style, the AAS libraries also load into the free player. (But third party sounds only load into the full VS-1/VS-2 synth.

If they sent you the deal Karten, I suggest taking them up on it.

I'm wondering if there's just been no new development in physical modeling at all... I guess it's a topic that requires math/physics obsessed people that can program. If the few people that have done the research lose interest, who takes their place?

AAS is one of those companies that has some skill but seems to be unwilling to really do it right, in terms of treating the user to a sensible GUI. I assume they used to be more interested in the underlying code and refused to hire a proper designer. Today, though, they must have other interests. Their software gets cosmetic updates and that's all.

Makes me think about how screwed we would be in an actual collapse of society apocolypse scenario. All the specialized knowledge that is in the minds of a very few, requiring specialized tools built by specialized tools to create, which are built by a minority of people that have specialized knowledge. It could all be wiped out so easily.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Plus with all this austerity BS... who is encouraged to do real research any more? Just recycle ideas and sell them as new product to those none-the-wiser. That's the one type of recycling that capitalists love.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Besides for cosmetics (and the browser was something lacking in my opinion).
There is also:
NEW Compressor, Equalizer, Limiter
UPDATED Overhauled effects
NEW Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files.

Microtonal tuning in and of itself is a great improvement IMO.

BBFG# wrote: NEW Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files.

i do agree with that
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

BBFG# wrote:Besides for cosmetics (and the browser was something lacking in my opinion).
There is also:
NEW Compressor, Equalizer, Limiter
UPDATED Overhauled effects
NEW Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files.

... and new filters. It's not written on the website but it's actually obvious when I compare raw patches of VS-1 imported as is in VS-2.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Karten wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

Just be aware the serial for 1 is required for the upgrade, so If you sold it it could cause a problem for the owner (they don't issue new serials as far as I know). So you may want to contact support for the upgrade.

Bought, downloaded, installed and ran through maybe a quarter of it.

I like the new GUI (fire away). It seems very easy and intuitive having a performance page with quick access to effects and another page for tweaking. Definitely can hear the difference (much seems to have to do with the compressor/EQ.) A definite improvement in my book.

BBFG# wrote:
I like the new GUI (fire away). It seems very easy and intuitive having a performance page with quick access to effects and another page for tweaking.
Great for you that you like switching between a bunch of tabs when before it wasn't necessary... at least now you get to look at a whole bunch of blank wood finish! (and no, you don't have a page for tweaking, you have 10 of them)

I consider it a disaster... one of the stupidest GUI's I have ever seen. Some iphone app developer with apples patented dumb it down approach got hold of the old gui and knew nothing about what made it good and did something they thought looked cool and 'easy'.

I don't believe there is a single person left at AAS who cares about synthesis or real world workflow. Whoever is there now just repackages existing tech to get whatever cash they can out of it. It is a sorry end to what was once an innovative company.

I would happily have paid $29 to get a 64 bit v1... which I can eq and run through a compressor whenever I want anyway.

pdxindy wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
I like the new GUI (fire away). It seems very easy and intuitive having a performance page with quick access to effects and another page for tweaking.
Great for you that you like switching between a bunch of tabs when before it wasn't necessary... at least now you get to look at a whole bunch of blank wood finish! (and no, you don't have a page for tweaking, you have 10 of them)

I consider it a disaster... one of the stupidest GUI's I have ever seen. Some iphone app developer with apples patented dumb it down approach got hold of the old gui and knew nothing about what made it good and did something they thought looked cool and 'easy'.

I don't believe there is a single person left at AAS who cares about synthesis or real world workflow. Whoever is there now just repackages existing tech to get whatever cash they can out of it. It is a sorry end to what was once an innovative company.

I would happily have paid $29 to get a 64 bit v1... which I can eq and run through a compressor whenever I want anyway.
Amen. I'm thinking about emailing them to give feedback about this disaster of a clicky tab GUI. Hopefully others will do the same.

Excuse me, sir... which are those supposed "no clicky tab GUIs"? I own other synths, too (Dune2, Sylenth1, Kontakt5, Absynth5, Omnisphere, Zebra etc.) and they all have tabs, no one of them has "one single page" for filters, effects, oscillators etc.

So: which product you mean for "all parameters on one single page"? Examples?

Return to “Instruments”