What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

7529 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:44 am Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

Does there exist a freeware plug that can read IR samples, meaning an emulation of something like the Sony DRE777 ?

Ready to pounce
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:53 am Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

bpblog wrote:Like an impulse response loader?

For reverbs, try Reverberate LE!

http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_reverberate_le.htm

Thanks for the tip, will check it out :tu:
Ready to pounce
KVRAF

6935 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:02 pm Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

I like KeFir, you can shorten the length of the IR, which can save on cpu.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:06 pm Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

RunBeerRun wrote:I like KeFir, you can shorten the length of the IR, which can save on cpu.

Wow, not only has it got amazing health benefits, but it can also do convolution reverb :o :clown:
http://www.kefir.net/what-is-kefir/
Ready to pounce
KVRAF

1670 posts since 12 Sep, 2004

Postby kbaccki; Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:14 pm Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

Voxengo boogex is designed as a guitar amp sim, but you can also load impulse responses... http://www.voxengo.com/product/boogex ... Reverberate LE is probably your best bet, since it can do stereo and has some other nice features... esp. for free!
You need to limit that rez, bro.
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:19 pm Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

I got HOFA IQ reverb Beat version, but unfortunately it is only possible to load IR's in the full version.
Ready to pounce
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:24 pm Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

BTW, there is also a CM version of Reverberate, wonder if that got more features than the LE version?
Ready to pounce
KVRian

624 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Las Vegas

Postby Lee702; Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:39 pm Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

The CM Version has more features but also more latency.
KVRist

170 posts since 28 Nov, 2012

Postby itneveris; Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:57 pm Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

Yeah I was wondering about Latency. Damn ReaVerb is like 16000 samples of latency once you get an IR in there. It always makes my songs stutter when I have more that like 6 tracks :neutral:

ReverberateCM is like 4000 samples of Latency in Reaper, havent used it on a mix yet cause I forgot I had it, but I may not need the extra features, and could use the lower latency and CPU
KVRAF

1659 posts since 13 Mar, 2004

Postby No_Use; Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:59 pm Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet...

viewtopic.php?f=246&t=403082

(the only free true stereo one I know of, of course that doesn't mean much... :D)
KVRAF

6935 posts since 2 Aug, 2005, from Guitar Land, USA

Postby RunBeerRun; Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:01 pm Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

I think both Boogex and KeFir are zero latency. Kefir is probably available somewhere, I searched "Kefir vst" and many sites came up, didn't check if they have direct links.

Good for amp sims, I never personally used convolution reverb, so not sure about max size they can load.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
KVRAF

Postby No_Use; Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:03 pm Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

itneveris wrote:Yeah I was wondering about Latency. Damn ReaVerb is like 16000 samples of latency once you get an IR in there.

Try the ZL and LL tickboxes at the right bottom of Reaverb ("zero latency" and "low latency") ;)
KVRist

170 posts since 28 Nov, 2012

Postby itneveris; Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:38 pm Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

Oh christ. Thanks, didnt even know those existed lol.

That's what I get for mixing exclusively drunk and/or stoned
KVRAF

Postby No_Use; Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:08 pm Re: Freeware IR (impulse response) "reader" ?

itneveris wrote:
That's what I get for mixing exclusively drunk and/or stoned

:wheee:
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects