Does anyone still use lush 101?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lush Life (for Lush101) LuSH-101

Nobody talks about it, but it's a great synth.

One of the best synths really.
I think there are lots of users.

i love lush 101, i consider it the best vsti to date
i also recommend T-Force Alpha Plus

I tried the demo and was pretty impressed by it, but being a penniless miser can't afford to buy anything. btw I still prefer the working name the synth had before it finally emerged as lush101.

In the purpose of emulation to the Roland SH-101, after having compared LUSH-101 to TAL-Bassline-101 (the paid version)... I prefer TAL-Bassline-101 without any hesitation: much more accurate concerning the sounds.

But I prefer TAL-Bassline-101 also for other reasons:
  • it uses much less CPU (though not really CPU-friendly)
  • it has a more friendly arpeggiator
  • it stays simple, not trying to be a bread-and-butter synth which makes many things but with too much diverse qualities.
TAL-Bassline-101 makes less (even much less) that LUSH-101... but with a far better quality for the goal which was intended to reach, and with much less CPU.

And of course, it's simply my humble opinion.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

There's one thing I find really peculiar:

In the past there was already a (payware) VSTi called "Lush" There was even a "Lush 2" (both by Luigi from DashSignature)

Are names that easily reusable?

Slarti wrote:.
There's one thing I find really peculiar:

In the past there was already a (payware) VSTi called "Lush" There was even a "Lush 2" (both by Luigi from DashSignature)

Are names that easily reusable?
Yes, when the user can't make mistake between two names, the european law accepts (and the countries must apply the european directives voted at the majority of their representents). And the american law accepted even far before the european law.

It doesn't prevent sometimes litigations by a company, but the courts accept less and less these complaints because these thirty past years there have been far too much abuses from companies in situations where there was obviously no misleading possible.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

TAL is great. But Lush has more beef in the low end imo, so I prefer it for bass.

There's a lot of really good synths out there, that people don't really mention here, not sure why.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:TAL is great. But Lush has more beef in the low end imo, so I prefer it for bass.

There's a lot of really good synths out there, that people don't really mention here, not sure why.
Probably for three reasons which cumulate:
  1. It's impossible to know all the synths, even considering the best synths (there are plethora of excellent synths now, and for all the tastes)
    :D
  2. Many people have not set their account to subscribe to the forums at a very low level, so... they miss out on many good discussions and interesting shares of ideas and opinions. And there's so many people who consider that when someone disagree with them it implies that one of both is a twat (generally the other one...)
  3. Many people are probably very individualist and come to the forums only when they have a personal problem to resolve with their stuff. And they are certainly a part (not all, but a part) of those which are in the number 2 above.

I think these 2 months the talk of the town synths are Dune2, Blue2 and Tone2's new synth (coming). And I hardly see any discussion of Lush 101 and Diversion (very quiet). But it doesn't mean they don't have FANs.

Expect to see the next update soon and bring back again the discussion.

Lush is my favorite synth aside from Diva.

D16 makes some great plugins.

cowby wrote:I think these 2 months the talk of the town synths are Dune2, Blue2 and Tone2's new synth (coming). And I hardly see any discussion of Lush 101 and Diversion (very quiet). But it doesn't mean they don't have FANs.

Expect to see the next update soon and bring back again the discussion.

Right two of the best synths out there, and hardly get talked about. Everyone is crazy about 2 or 3 synths here and that is how it has been for years.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

LuSH 101 sounds great, I really like it. Of the newer synths, Dune 2 is great as well

Lush is my co-favorite synth, along with Spire. Lush sounds better than Diva at analog sounds and is much more versatile. It's just irreplaceable for so many sounds. Kind of frustrating that the best synths get overlooked because of the U-he fan-boy mafia.

People who try to v.s. it with TAL's SH101 emulation have really lost the plot. It isn't a SH101, it's an amazingly flexible and great sounding synth which can also do SH101 sounds very well and has a familiar interface layout.

TonyVegas wrote: People who try to v.s. it with TAL's SH101 emulation have really lost the plot.
Maybe some still remember the history 5 years ago, when D16 Shioitor was in development. I don't know about you, but for quite a many people back then it was to become THE SH101 emulation, if nothing else. Long topics anticipating the new thing, videos showing demos of it, as well as even some mags covering the upcoming thing:
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/d16 ... ed-220308/

Yes, it was already known back then that it would be more than just a straight 101-emulation, but SH101 is certainly something it would naturally be compared with. Now that we have not only Shioitor aka. Lush-101 but also an another far more straight SH101 emulation with TAL Bassline-101, what would you do...NOT compare them? Perhaps Lush-101 would've just killed it if D16 had concentrated on making a simple emulation or then developed something looking (and sounding) totally different that would not draw the inevitable comparisons. As it is, it will always be compared to others bearing the same forefather, regardless of how far D16 actually managed to take the original concept.

Return to “Instruments”