What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

It's time to play "how's your weather?"

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

hibidy
KVRAF

40728 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:16 pm Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

Tricky-Loops wrote:But if you really want to be beaten, hibidy, here's the forecast for Kuwait City: :-o

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Kuwait+City+Kuwait+KUXX0003

Looks just like sacramento will most of the summer.
trimph1
KVRAF

13608 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:35 pm Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

I've sat on "storm watch" in pumpers, tankers, and a brush truck ("grasshopper," "brush buggy," pickup truck). I preferred the tanker due to its weight, it just seemed less likely to blow over... One night with Springville (ON) Fire, we had rotating wall clouds pass by in front of us, behind us, and directly above us.

We got a little nervous.

One afternoon with Centralia (again, ON) Fire, we were way short-handed so I had to go play West truck by myself. I took the brush truck. I had the truck's AM radio on a good weather station, the truck's fire radio on the channel where the provincial Emergency mis-Management Agency was yakkin', a portable set to County Fire, and another portable set to Huron Fire for truck to station jibber-jabber. That little truck sounded like a freakin' dispatch center. Alburnett had a truck about 6 or 7 miles West of me with a tornado touchdown, moving EAST. All I could see in their direction was BLACK SKY. I had this wonderful vision of calling in to EMA while flying OVER Centralia in a little white pickup truck with pretty red and blue lights a-flashin'...

Life in the midwest...ya gotta love it.

Another night/day of these thunderstorms...yay
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8219 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:23 pm Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

After the heat wave South Bavarian summer temperatures are now dropping toward South-Brazilian winter temperatures with highs between 16 and 23 °C... :x

At least it we don't expect much rain...
Turello
KVRAF

2272 posts since 6 Jul, 2012, from Sick-cily

Postby Turello; Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:57 am Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

After a sunny morning suddenly 2 hours of Colossal Rains today in the Est Sick-cily... :? :x :ud: :cry: :evil:
trimph1
KVRAF

Postby trimph1; Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:10 am Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

Peh....

This past weekend we were lucky to see 64f for a high. Now we will start the week with those old t'underin'boomers and muggy 86 feeling like 95 temperatures...:evil: :x
Barry
Numanoid
KVRAF

8204 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:25 am Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

When air is sucked out a window, I guess it's due to underpressure?
Instant Automatic Instamatic
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:32 pm Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

It's been totally normal for a while now. Gonna get a little warmer in a couple of days. I can live with normal.
jancivil
KVRAF

9485 posts since 20 Oct, 2007

Postby jancivil; Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:00 pm Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

Nice cool breeze most of today. We've had a number of these lately, to give relief to the still days of sun bearing down.
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:38 pm Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

Agreed. I woke up REALLY late today and didn't realize we had such a terrific day. It was near hoody weather on my walk :o
jancivil
KVRAF

9485 posts since 20 Oct, 2007

Postby jancivil; Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:02 pm Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

I had a long hike I had to do, and actually it was what is for me totally perfect most of the way. I got really acclimated to 60 degrees fr. 25 yrs in SF.
trimph1
KVRAF

Postby trimph1; Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:55 pm Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

Had some doozers of thunderstorms come through the past few days here. Some with tornadoes, lots of hail and winds. I now have a 50 foot Maple tree which took out two of our grain bins......got to 90+ a few days ago. Now sitting at 80 with rumbling ever present...
Barry
Hink
Rad Grandad

24640 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:21 pm Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

the weather here has simply been stunning for a while now. We had one small humid spell in the middle of the week where I needed the AC for a bit but only short periods of time. I love these AC's with timers on them, I can set them to stay on for an hour and then it stays cool in here for hours. Right now it's 70°(f) with a dew point of 48° so it's really dry, a little cloudy today but that's okay, it has not been completely overcast.

I know the the triple H's are not far off though, so I'll enjoy it while I can :)
Thank cod I love fish
Turello
KVRAF

2272 posts since 6 Jul, 2012, from Sick-cily

Postby Turello; Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:47 pm Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

Yesterday I forget open the window in my attic home studio, today i find all the guitar strings corroded by the night dew... -_-
Hink
Rad Grandad

24640 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:53 pm Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

sounds like a good song
Thank cod I love fish
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:18 pm Re: It's time to play "how's your weather?"

Just normal hot.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic