What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Caine123
KVRAF

2678 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:25 pm Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

is it worth to upgrade this at all? :)
BDeep
KVRAF

1720 posts since 13 Feb, 2012, from Amsterdam

Postby BDeep; Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:04 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

I'll quote myself from this post.

BDeep wrote:I couldn't wait. I was waiting for this sale to come along to get GT. And I just did. My gut feeling tells me the regular Supercharger will be in Komplete 10 and the GT version in Ultimate. If they're not, I'll just sell it for 25 again :)
For anyone in doubt btw, this really is an excellent compressor and deserves a demo (even if you didn't gel with the freebie), and it's well worth a multiple of its current upgrade price.

Short answer: Yes (al IMHO and YMMV and all of that ;))
frankz00
KVRist

328 posts since 22 Dec, 2009

Postby frankz00; Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:23 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

Caine123 wrote:is it worth to upgrade this at all? :)

At $24.50, why not? I just got it and I'm going to check it out when I get home...
wesleyt
KVRist

310 posts since 6 Mar, 2011, from Pleasanton, CA

Postby wesleyt; Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:01 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

Yes! It's an aggressive yet flexible compressor. I enjoy it most on drums: kicks, snares, and even drum busses. I paid full price for the upgrade when it was first released and still feel I got a great deal. It's a no-brainer at $25.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.
itneveris
KVRist

249 posts since 28 Nov, 2012

Postby itneveris; Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:36 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

How often does NI do these 50% discounts? I'm trying to not buy any plugins for like a year or something, but if this deal wont come around again around that time, I should probably jump on it now.
BDeep
KVRAF

1720 posts since 13 Feb, 2012, from Amsterdam

Postby BDeep; Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:45 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

At least two time a year (the other in December). If you're patient, with NI, there almost always will be another sale.
itneveris
KVRist

Postby itneveris; Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:50 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

Yeah that's what I figured, waves seems the same. Atleast once a year there's a slamming deal.
hibidy
KVRAF

41010 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:03 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

Here's the thing. Between the saturation and the character and those controls, the attack and release...it's worth 25 bucks easy. The other thing was printing/freezing in supercharger wasn't as smooth (I'm guess because of the fixed attack/release) and there were problems with the beginning of a printed clip, but GT seems much better and you can still slam if you'd like.

It's worth a demo. Unless you are just TIGHT financially, it's not like you'll do better than 24.50.
itneveris
KVRist

Postby itneveris; Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:11 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

hibidy wrote:Here's the thing. Between the saturation and the character and those controls, the attack and release...it's worth 25 bucks easy. The other thing was printing/freezing in supercharger wasn't as smooth (I'm guess because of the fixed attack/release) and there were problems with the beginning of a printed clip, but GT seems much better and you can still slam if you'd like.

It's worth a demo. Unless you are just TIGHT financially, it's not like you'll do better than 24.50.

Yeah I know that, I'll probably pick it up at some point, I was just wondering if this 50% off deal will come around again at some point, or if I should get it now.
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:40 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

Seems to be about every 6 months. I could be wrong about that.
itneveris
KVRist

Postby itneveris; Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:49 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

Gah I caved anyways... Dont regret it tho, haha.

It's fun seeing how it's a unique design, but that the Slam, Punch, and Gentle modes really resemble the classic FET, VCA, and OPTO modes :P
frankz00
KVRist

328 posts since 22 Dec, 2009

Postby frankz00; Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:52 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

hibidy wrote:Seems to be about every 6 months. I could be wrong about that.

Nope thats about right...
hibidy
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:34 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

itneveris wrote:Gah I caved anyways... Dont regret it tho, haha.

It's fun seeing how it's a unique design, but that the Slam, Punch, and Gentle modes really resemble the classic FET, VCA, and OPTO modes :P

Congrats!
xphen0m
KVRist

237 posts since 27 Jan, 2008

Postby xphen0m; Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:03 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

I ordered Supercharger GT hours ago and still haven't received anything. I sent a support e-mail so hopefully that gets me somewhere.
LAGinz
KVRist

334 posts since 8 Jan, 2012

Postby LAGinz; Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:57 pm Re: Supercharger -> Supercharger GT, worth upgrade?

NI was really quick with my order earlier today.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects