Dark Ambient: My work so far

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, everyone. I am, obviously, new to the site. I was introduced to this website by Stephen Porter, who makes the awesome Synthmagic instruments for Kontakt. I am 32 years old, live in Germany and am pretty new to the composing-world. I got motivated to start composing while working on "Rise of the Triad" (2013), a PC remake of a fps classic from 1994, where I was involved with so many creative people which really got my creative juices going as well. I mean I have been a musician for quite some time, I am playing the drums in a band, but I never sat down at home and started writing music by myself.

So far I mainly focused on Dark Ambient music, I also did some experiments with orchestral stuff, I participated in a regional newspaper contest where they asked for a jingle, didn't win, though. :D

One of my dreams is working together with other Dark Ambient artists like Svartsinn or Nrdvrgr, and have my music in games or mediums of any sort.

Sorry for writing so much text but I wanted to give you guys some background to what I do and where I come from.

Anyway, here is my ambient work so far: https://soundcloud.com/phanthomas1982/sets/dark-ambient

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know much about this genre (dark ambient) but I'm also trying to get into ambient production and hope to be featured in film one day. I like your work, especially Voce Arcanum, nice creepy vocals and great gritty sounds. I think this is successfully executed.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

Thanks, rpm! Yeah, Voce Arcanum seems to have struck people's nerves, I got most positive feedback for that one.

I listened to the first three tracks, and I agree with rpm. Voce Arcanum is great. The vocals and the instrumentation reminded me of a combination of early FSOL and early Orb. Diggin' the darkness.

Good work :)

Like your style. laid back but with secret intentions.
Listening to your music style...looking at your picture I can say that it seems odd that your standing in the daylight, around nature. You need to move to somewhere like Hamburg, stand in dark alley entrances late at night after a rain and then take a selfie. :)

Welcome to KVR.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Haha, yeah. It is just generic picture #1, so to speak, I wanted to get something better at some point. We have some cool spots around here as well, should just use them.

Return to “Music Cafe”