What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Yorrrrrr
KVRist
 
137 posts since 25 Sep, 2011, from Cartagena - Colombia

Postby Yorrrrrr; Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:39 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

A pretty nice set of cinematic sounds, by Art Renaissance Project: DUNE Level 2

http://www.art-renaissance-project.com/ ... for%20DUNE

(scroll to the end)
Yorrrrrr
KVRist
 
137 posts since 25 Sep, 2011, from Cartagena - Colombia

Postby Yorrrrrr; Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:44 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Richard_Synapse wrote:
larsomat wrote:Which is easy as long as the LFO controls only one parameter, but when it controls multiple parameters it becomes complicated.


I see. Well it looks like an easy parameter to implement, so could be added in the next update :)

Richard


Nice. How about an LFO Skew parameter Richard (like in DUNE 1)? I know the MSEGs in loop mode can already do that though (and much more). It's just that sometimes I think I will run out of MSEGs :) . Or.. you could increase the number of MSEGs to 6 or 8! :D
User avatar
Richard_Synapse
KVRian
 
526 posts since 19 Dec, 2010

Postby Richard_Synapse; Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:23 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Yorrrrrr wrote:A pretty nice set of cinematic sounds, by Art Renaissance Project: DUNE Level 2

http://www.art-renaissance-project.com/ ... for%20DUNE

(scroll to the end)


Cool! Would be nice if they added this as a KVR product, that way it appears automatically under "Soundware" on Dune 2's KVR page. It's easy to miss such offers 8)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com
classic
KVRian
 
1276 posts since 26 Jul, 2004

Postby classic; Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:34 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:A pretty nice set of cinematic sounds, by Art Renaissance Project: DUNE Level 2

http://www.art-renaissance-project.com/ ... for%20DUNE

(scroll to the end)


Cool! Would be nice if they added this as a KVR product, that way it appears automatically under "Soundware" on Dune 2's KVR page. It's easy to miss such offers 8)

Richard


I did try.
Seems as if I only can add software, no soundware.
But I keep on looking if I missed something here.

Thanks
classic
User avatar
Examigan
KVRAF
 
2654 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from Connecticut, USA

Postby Examigan; Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:10 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Yorrrrrr wrote:
Richard_Synapse wrote:
larsomat wrote:Which is easy as long as the LFO controls only one parameter, but when it controls multiple parameters it becomes complicated.


I see. Well it looks like an easy parameter to implement, so could be added in the next update :)

Richard


Nice. How about an LFO Skew parameter Richard (like in DUNE 1)? I know the MSEGs in loop mode can already do that though (and much more). It's just that sometimes I think I will run out of MSEGs :) . Or.. you could increase the number of MSEGs to 6 or 8! :D


I know the Skew control was taken away, but isn't Dune 2's Init Phase for the LFO in the mod matrix basically the same thing?
User avatar
carrieres
KVRian
 
1353 posts since 9 Apr, 2002, from Poissy, France

Postby carrieres; Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:16 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Examigan wrote:I know the Skew control was taken away, but isn't Dune 2's Init Phase for the LFO in the mod matrix basically the same thing?

no, The SKEW knob is used to change the shape of the LFO waveforms
page 27 of the manual
Image
User avatar
Examigan
KVRAF
 
2654 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from Connecticut, USA

Postby Examigan; Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:22 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

carrieres wrote:
Examigan wrote:I know the Skew control was taken away, but isn't Dune 2's Init Phase for the LFO in the mod matrix basically the same thing?

no, The SKEW knob is used to change the shape of the LFO waveforms
page 27 of the manual


oops, yes you're right.. :dog: :oops:
classic
KVRian
 
1276 posts since 26 Jul, 2004

Postby classic; Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:22 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

classic wrote:
Richard_Synapse wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:A pretty nice set of cinematic sounds, by Art Renaissance Project: DUNE Level 2

http://www.art-renaissance-project.com/ ... for%20DUNE

(scroll to the end)


Cool! Would be nice if they added this as a KVR product, that way it appears automatically under "Soundware" on Dune 2's KVR page. It's easy to miss such offers 8)

Richard


I did try.
Seems as if I only can add software, no soundware.
But I keep on looking if I missed something here.

(edit) I did add all my DUNE sound sets to DUNE on and DUNE2. Worked fine:)

Thanks
classic
Kindred
KVRist
 
261 posts since 3 Jul, 2007

Postby Kindred; Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:51 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Installed the demo, played around for about 5 minutes and then bought it based off one preset which was just gorgeous. Based on this one patch alone worth the price. (other sounds on there really nice too!)
dreadnought
KVRist
 
67 posts since 29 Apr, 2004

Postby dreadnought; Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:18 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Is this a brand new soundset? I wonder if there's any chance of an introductory discount? It's over twice as much as any of the other sets on the same page, and after the euro to dollars conversion, it's pretty expensive. Guess I'll keep an eye on it.
User avatar
Richard_Synapse
KVRian
 
526 posts since 19 Dec, 2010

Postby Richard_Synapse; Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:59 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

classic wrote:(edit) I did add all my DUNE sound sets to DUNE on and DUNE2. Worked fine:)

Thanks
classic


Great! :)

Kindred wrote:Installed the demo, played around for about 5 minutes and then bought it based off one preset which was just gorgeous. Based on this one patch alone worth the price. (other sounds on there really nice too!)


Hehe cool...which one was it? :) :phones:

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com
Kindred
KVRist
 
261 posts since 3 Jul, 2007

Postby Kindred; Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:59 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Richard_Synapse wrote:
classic wrote:(edit) I did add all my DUNE sound sets to DUNE on and DUNE2. Worked fine:)

Thanks
classic


Great! :)

Kindred wrote:Installed the demo, played around for about 5 minutes and then bought it based off one preset which was just gorgeous. Based on this one patch alone worth the price. (other sounds on there really nice too!)


Hehe cool...which one was it? :) :phones:

Richard


I can't remember the name (not in the studio now) but it is all over this remix I just did - (it's the techy chord-ish/basic channel-ish sound)

https://soundcloud.com/kriece/sploosh-chunky-thunderbolt-remixkindred-sounds

Great work - I just bought this and Blue2 on the same day and have tended to enjoy Dune2 a bit more so far...
User avatar
Muziksculp
KVRian
 
870 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Postby Muziksculp; Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:13 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Hi,

I'm looking forward to by Dune 2 soon.

Q. Does it share the same sonic characteristics of Synapse Audio's Antidote, their Reason Rack-Expansion Synth ?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Muziksculp
User avatar
carrieres
KVRian
 
1353 posts since 9 Apr, 2002, from Poissy, France

Postby carrieres; Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:49 pm Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Dune2 is far more complex than Antidote !
Image
User avatar
Muziksculp
KVRian
 
870 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Postby Muziksculp; Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:01 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

carrieres wrote:Dune2 is far more complex than Antidote !


I'm sure it is. Does that makes it as good, or better 'Sounding' than Antidote ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments