Really basic pads for Reaktor or any of the NI synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are there any ensembles/modules that have simple, no motion, no swirly, no fancy/frills pads? At most a tremolo, mild slow filter sweep, or something subtle. Any good/popular emulations of synths will also do.

Most presets in Absynth, massive, etc. are custom-tailored for a national geographic documentary on potential alien invasions, and not really for any kind of reasonably listenable music. NI used to have this FANTASTIC synth called Pro-53 which was one of my favorites but the bastards at NI probably felt it wasn't alien-invasion-ey enough and chopped it off.

I suppose I could dig up my old Komplete discs and try to install Pro-53 but here's hoping there's more out there.

keyman_sam wrote:Are there any ensembles/modules that have simple, no motion, no swirly, no fancy/frills pads? At most a tremolo, mild slow filter sweep, or something subtle. Any good/popular emulations of synths will also do.

Most presets in Absynth, massive, etc. are custom-tailored for a national geographic documentary on potential alien invasions, and not really for any kind of reasonably listenable music. NI used to have this FANTASTIC synth called Pro-53 which was one of my favorites but the bastards at NI probably felt it wasn't alien-invasion-ey enough and chopped it off.

I suppose I could dig up my old Komplete discs and try to install Pro-53 but here's hoping there's more out there.
post of the day. I just hope they do drag out pro 53 and give it the monark treatment and then they do an oberheim and arp as well just to give us a little more variety of vintage gear

FM8 has a few, probably to convince people that it can be more than cold and digital ;)
Anyway, you might want to have a look in FM8 to see if you find anything to your liking. (I am assuming you have Komplete, therefore I assumed you have FM8 ;))

Try Carbon 2 in Reaktor.

keyman_sam wrote:Are there any ensembles/modules that have simple, no motion, no swirly, no fancy/frills pads? At most a tremolo, mild slow filter sweep, or something subtle. Any good/popular emulations of synths will also do.

Might be to much or just what you're after.
Please have a listen.
https://soundcloud.com/leap-into-the-vo ... ynthesizer

Product page.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

Can't make your own patches? It's quite easy with Massive...

post of the day for sure.
I know exactly how you feel.
I'm sure there's some good normalish Massive or FM8 preset banks out there?
Too many patches out there are Alien invasioney HA! It's funny cos it's true.
If you own Zebra, Hollo's Padsheaven patches are b e a utiful. My go-to pad source generally.
but yes, as EvilDragon pointed out, you should be able to knock some out on Massive easy enough.

Maybe you can find some usefull stuff in Gloss Spells or in Legendary Collection ?

Some Gloss Spells pads and atmos

FM8 LC by Nori

Anyway, both soundbanks contain hundreds of super usefull instruments in all categories -imho-
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Try going to Carbon 2 and scan the presets but when doing so turn off all of the effects on the effects tab and from the filter drop down choose the Pro5 filter.

Surprised you can't wring anything out of Absynth. There are a number of very simple low-key patches that don't take advantage of EVERY parameter. Or just turn off the FX and go from there.

There's a patch that I particularly like called "Sweet Girl" (might be from the Abby 3 or 4 factory patch set). It's a pretty complex pad that's tough to play because it's tuned to fifths. So I just knocked out one of the voices and took down a couple of the FX and I'm left with a much simpler (and playable) patch that fits very nicely with a lot of things.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Reaktor:
Soundschool Analog
2-Osc
Subharmonic
Photone

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co ... show/7919/

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co ... show/7878/

hope this helps

dave

Thanks for the suggestions all. I ended up downloading Pro-53. I've checked out carbon before - I might revisit it when I load up Reaktor again. I don't want to spend any more money (given my already ridiculous $$ spent on plugins) but thanks for the links .

Also BERFAB - I looked at that preset and ended up doing what you suggested (removing the 5ths and removed the filter on the third osc). Still some tweaking to get to where I want (no whoosh effects or anything) but it sounds decent. Thanks for the tip.

If any of you are downloading Pro-53 - you can take almost any pad'ish preset, increase amp attack, and turn down cutoff and you get instant pads so good you can meditate your pants off. Try this on 'butterfish' preset for instance.

Some of my other fav pads are from Kore and from my Fantom hardware (which has those 90s-00s sounds from JP/XV series).

Subharmonic in particular is designed as a pad monster. Carbon has been mentioned but also Kaleidon.

Massive can do tons of pads. It's just a pad machine.

I was just finalizing this when you posted and didn't want to mention it before release. Might be just what you where looking for.
Please have a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/leap-into-the-void/sets/flow

Product page.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

Return to “Instruments”