Does anyone still use lush 101?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lush Life (for Lush101) LuSH-101

don't forget this month's roland will release the first plug-out version for the system one - SH-101 Emulation. I'm very interesting how this sound
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Same here.

Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

TonyVegas wrote:Lush is my co-favorite synth, along with Spire. Lush sounds better than Diva at analog sounds and is much more versatile. It's just irreplaceable for so many sounds. Kind of frustrating that the best synths get overlooked because of the U-he fan-boy mafia.
Oh I get it, some other people like a synth that you don't, and there are a lot of them, so they must be "fan boys" - even though they are for the most part completely reasonable in their appreciation and don't prevent anyone else from having their say. What a disrespectful and narrow-minded way to deal with other people's opinions :roll:
Last edited by Sendy on Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

what's this? Roland is releasing a lush101 emulation via hardsynth
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Sendy wrote:
TonyVegas wrote:Lush is my co-favorite synth, along with Spire. Lush sounds better than Diva at analog sounds and is much more versatile. It's just irreplaceable for so many sounds. Kind of frustrating that the best synths get overlooked because of the U-he fan-boy mafia.
Oh I get it, some other people like a synth that you don't, and there are a lot of them, so they must be "fan boys" - even though they are for the most part completely reasonable in their appreciation and don't prevent anyone else from having their say. What a disrespectful and narrow-minded way to deal with other people's opinions :roll:
I didn't really read any negative connotations in what he wrote and it kinda makes sense Not directly aimed at uhe, but alot of vsti's get drowned out against more popular companies with large user base or have lots of hype, like when bitwig was first released any new synth released at this same time there'd be little room for it ..
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

@mysticvibes

http://www.roland.com/products/en/SYSTEM-1/

They will released the first "plugin" for this synth. You can load the emulation in the hardware synth and take it away without computer. Plug-out system and the first emulation will be the SH-101 and they will show it on 26 june (facebook, they have said the date)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:@mysticvibes

http://www.roland.com/products/en/SYSTEM-1/

They will released the first "plugin" for this synth. You can load the emulation in the hardware synth and take it away without computer. Plug-out system and the first emulation will be the SH-101 and they will show it on 26 june (facebook, they have said the date)
I was actually kinda joking but it turns out to be true :lol: So let me get this right they are making a hardsynth based on a softsynth :clap: never heard that one.. shames its not lush though

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:
Sendy wrote:
I didn't really read any negative connotations in what he wrote and it kinda makes sense Not directly aimed at uhe, but alot of vsti's get drowned out against more popular companies with large user base or have lots of hype, like when bitwig was first released any new synth released at this same time there'd be little room for it ..
No, I think calling a group of synth enthusiasts a "fanboy mafia" is unequivocally negative, whether intentional or not.

Let me just re-iterate, if you love a synth, there is nothing to stop you and likeminded people starting a thread to extol it's virtues. No amount of love for any other synth coder or manufacturer can ever take that away from you. And there doesn't have to be bad feelings, asif one group's love for something pushes another group's interests down.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote: No, I think calling a group of synth enthusiasts a "fanboy mafia" is unequivocally negative, whether intentional or not.

Let me just re-iterate, if you love a synth, there is nothing to stop you and likeminded people starting a thread to extol it's virtues. No amount of love for any other synth coder or manufacturer can ever take that away from you. And there doesn't have to be bad feelings, asif one group's love for something pushes another group's interests down.
Blaming a perceived lack of popular appreciation on other users who happen to like another synth (among many) is misplaced.

luSH-101 did not get off to a great start. Initially the GUI was so small that on larger monitors it was hard to see and to select certain controls. Also, luSH-101 is really heavy on the cpu... some of the factory presets I could not play 3 note chords without crushing the cpu.

D16 addressed both of these in the 1.2 update which added a larger GUI option and multi-core option as well. I suspect a lot of people had already uninstalled the demo by then.

There are also the SH-101 purists (not meant negatively) who were disappointed it had developed far from being an emulation. I think they are both good (never used an actual SH-101) but the general opinion seems to lean towards TAL being the better pure emulation.

yes. problem is: it's a cpu hog. can only use it effectively on a high clock rate machine which is not easily transportable. but, other than that, it's superb for your fat, rich, 'bread & butter' sounds. i'm sure you can make abstract sounds with it, but not as easily as with aalto and kaivo.

Haven't used it in a while. Total waste. Uses way too much CPU. They supposedly fixed that issue. :roll: I just gave up on it. They'll never get that thing to use a sensible amount of CPU. Freakin' shame.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Uses 17 percent CPU on my computer. That's not very much.

LimboLoves wrote:Uses 17 percent CPU on my computer. That's not very much.
That's not good. 3 instances at that rate and the CPU starts to takes a crap. Some patches will send it to around 60% over here while playing chords. I have a powerful computer so that's not the problem. There are many other VSTi that sound great that don't use as much processing power. I'm a fan of of D-16 but there is definitely something wrong with LuSH -101.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

pdxindy wrote:luSH-101 did not get off to a great start. Initially the GUI was so small that on larger monitors it was hard to see and to select certain controls. Also, luSH-101 is really heavy on the cpu... some of the factory presets I could not play 3 note chords without crushing the cpu.
And you can roll the clock back even a bit more... the initial preview/demos/announcement/excitement of the "Shiotir!" thread goes back to freaking Sep 2009. Lush-101 was released just over 3 years later. D16 is certainly free to set their own priorities and whatnot... but in the future, do not get the natives restless 3 years in advance. You only set yourself up for waning interest and potential disappointment. Lots of good quality synth products came out in those 3 years. That being said, lush-101 sounds very very good... as good as any of the other very very good sounding synths in the market... if lush-101 were a potato, it would be a very very good potato.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Return to “Instruments”