Acon Digital CM Verb - FREE with Computer Music mag

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

This month's Computer Music plugin giveaway is CM Verb, a beautiful reverb from Acon Digital, based on their full Verberate plugin!

Plugin info, specs & video: http://bit.ly/CMVerb

CM206 magazine link: http://bit.ly/cmu206

If you're looking out for it in the shops, CM206 looks like this:

And here's our video on CM Verb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3yLOh1bql8

Thanks,

Lee du-Caine
Editor
Computer Music magazine

This plug is pretty basic, but what it does it does well, it can make some big verbs and hold them.

I'm curious to what the plug in the next issue will be, it was not a promo for that as it usually is?

Check out the "Next issue" page on p49 ;)

Ooops, had missed that page, I usullay look for it in the back of the mag.

A CM version of the Valve Filter, could be useful that 8)

Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cool story bro. ill pass.

I'm ordering from Zinio which doesn't accept Paypal for my order, but still they say
"Pay with PayPal?
Only payments that are not reoccurring (like single issue orders) can be purchased with PayPal."
I'm in that case.... any clue?

Totolitoto wrote:I'm ordering from Zinio which doesn't accept Paypal for my order, but still they say
"Pay with PayPal?
Only payments that are not reoccurring (like single issue orders) can be purchased with PayPal."
I'm in that case.... any clue?
Sorry, I've no idea – Zinio is a totally separate company from us.

Your best bet is to contact Zinio directly: http://gb.zinio.com/help/

Lee CM wrote:This month's Computer Music plugin giveaway is CM Verb, a beautiful reverb from Acon Digital, based on their full Verberate plugin!
I guess that is what they call "Free Aconomics" :hihi:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Is Computer Music gonna offer a plugin every month forever? how long can that last ?

love the mag(though it uber expensive in canada 25 bux)
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote: love the mag(though it uber expensive in canada 25 bux)
same issue out here in NZ - solution is to buy it electronically (either Zinio or Apple's News Stand), fractionof the cost, available the day it comes out in the UK, and you can access the cover dvd content via vault.computermusic.co.uk (only catch is no master class videos - if you really want them you have to get the physical copy)

realmarco wrote:Is Computer Music gonna offer a plugin every month forever? how long can that last ?

love the mag(though it uber expensive in canada 25 bux)

going by the quality of there forgettable, boring, free plugins released probably a very long time. as of late cm has been offering borderline demo version that are very cut down from the full version. i bought into the hype myself, i mean who doesn't love free plugins, but i see through there bullshit now. in the old days of x32, cm offered fantastic coded plugins along with synthedit synthmaker vst/i but now with no x64 version of neither se/sm they can't ride that train no more because nobody wants that crap.

now the real work begins securing deals with developers and that amounts to heavy cut down demo like versions as you can't blame developers for not wanting to give there full plugins away for a one time payment. their pretty much offering garbage that you won't use twice. if you love the magazine that's great, just don't but it for the free plugins cause the days of zebra cm are long over.

realmarco wrote:Is Computer Music gonna offer a plugin every month forever?
I can't guarantee we'll do it forever (that's a really long time ;) ), but we have no plans to slow down right now, and we have some great plugins lined up :)

Also, starting next issue (CM207), every tutorial in the magazine will have video, not just selected ones :wink:

as of late cm has been offering borderline demo version that are very cut down from the full version
Some of our CM Plugins are indeed based on the full commercial plugins. We've been doing giveaways like this for years, and we're always clear about this – we even tell you what extra stuff the full version has on the webpage for each of our plugins.

I'm not sure what makes them "borderline demo" versions, though – they're always fully working software that you can use for as long as you like, with no timeouts, etc. Music software doesn't always need to have tons of features and parameters in order to be useful.

And over the last 12 months, we've had plenty of giveaways that are not based on other plugins at all (eg, Program EQ CM, UVI Defcon, Cakewalk Rapture, SKnote Snap, Kuassa PreMix, WaveShaper CM…)

i bought into the hype myself, i mean who doesn't love free plugins, but i see through there bullshit now.
If you don't like the plugins, that's fair enough, but it's not our aim to "bullshit" anyone. We even make a video for every plugin and put it on our YouTube channel, so you can see and hear it in action, and get an idea of what each plugin is like. It's not like the old days where all you have to help you decide is a picture on the front of the magazine.

in the old days of x32, cm offered fantastic coded plugins along with synthedit synthmaker vst/i but now with no x64 version of neither se/sm they can't ride that train no more because nobody wants that crap.
Yes, we stopped carrying SE/SM plugins a while ago because they're not cross-platform. We only carry PC/Mac plugins now (and we're currently testing 64-bit updates too, to bring as many of the older 32-bit-only plugins up to 64-bit as possible).

In my opinion (and obviously I'm kinda biased :wink: ), I think the current CM Plugins suite is a lot stronger than the old CM Studio, as it's now a much more well-rounded collection – we used to have a real lack of quality mixing tools, for instance.

now the real work begins securing deals with developers
I'm not sure what you mean here about "the real work", etc. We're working with developers in the same way as ever when it comes to arranging plugin giveaways.

Thanks,

Lee du-Caine
Editor
Computer Music

Lee CM wrote:I'm not sure what makes them "borderline demo" versions, though – they're always fully working software that you can use for as long as you like, with no timeouts, etc.
I think he means "reduced-feature-list-to-provoke-their-appetite" kind of a plugin.

My opinion ?
Lee CM wrote:Music software doesn't always need to have tons of features and parameters in order to be useful.
Exactly.

As a matter of fact, it's quite the contrary : in WAY more scenarios then not, "Music software MUSTN'T have tons of features and parameters in order to be useful"
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Well, of course these plugins are slimmed down compared to the often 100+ € full versions... every now and then, there's quite some gems among them though, like DuneCM, or the full versions like z3ta or Rapture. But really, you can't expect companies to give away their stuff for nothing. Of course these plugins will be teasers, otherwise, as a developer, i would hardly interested in giving away my stuff.

Return to “Effects”