IK Multimedia JamPoints

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donato wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:And others haven't heard the saying "sh*t happens"... We've moved forward, most have moved on or forward about it, we'll either see you in July using it or not. Your choice.
Sh*t seems to happen a lot at IK. :hihi:

I wish I could use that line whenever I decided to just change my mind or cover my ass for lying. In the real world that's not good enough for most people.
You just described more than one company there.

murnau wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote: it would not make any difference between "introduction price" or "promo sale" or any other price structure
you still don't get what a pre-order is.
neverenoughfunk wrote:well... i guess you have "all" the insight then... right? cant argue with that... hahahahahahahahaha!!!

:tu:
no, of course i don't have and thats the reason why i don't talk rubbish like you.
before there were a "pre order"... there was a statement made to purchase other products to get jam point to use for ST 3... the "pre order" stuff came after the buy other products statement... now... if individuals were told about the "pre-order" before buying other products... i think individuals would have less jam points today... hopefully you got that...

about the rubbish... one mans rubbish is another mans truth!!!

i talk "rubbish" because i am the type that can back it up... that would be pretty hard to understand because we are in the internet...

but you have a beautiful day today anyways!!!

p.s. where i come from... we call it... talking sh!t not rubbish!!!

BBFG# wrote:
donato wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:And others haven't heard the saying "sh*t happens"... We've moved forward, most have moved on or forward about it, we'll either see you in July using it or not. Your choice.

I wish I could use that line whenever I decided to just change my mind or cover my ass for lying. In the real world that's not good enough for most people.

No doubt. And people should call them out in their threads. People need to hold companies accountable.

neverenoughfunk wrote:before there were a "pre order"... there was a statement made to purchase other products to get jam point to use for ST 3... the "pre order" stuff came after the buy other products statement... now... if individuals were told about the "pre-order" before buying other products... i think individuals would have less jam points today... hopefully you got that...
it don't fit even if you stretch it to the max. you try to building a scenario where your negativism can shine but it isn't of much cogency.

Last edited by murnau on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Getting high on your own supply: Those irresistble Jampoints, you just want MORE :D

murnau wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:before there were a "pre order"... there was a statement made to purchase other products to get jam point to use for ST 3... the "pre order" stuff came after the buy other products statement... now... if individuals were told about the "pre-order" before buying other products... i think individuals would have less jam points today... hopefully you got that...
it don't fit even if you stretch it to the max. you try to building a scenario where your negativism can shine but it isn't of much cogency.
not sure what you are talking about here... stretching what? for years... the reps have repeated... "buy ik multimedia products and use your jam points on ST 3"... i believe... "pre order" is about 2 weeks old... again... stretching what? there are some individuals that did purchase other ik multimedia products hoping to use their jam points on ST 3... again... stretching what? why do you think they held off on announcing the pricing structure? do you honestly think... they waited until the product is ready for market and then came up with the pricing structure... ik multimedia to you are a software developer... but to them... they are a business... in business to make money... ik multimedia reps have misled their customer base for years now... that is not stretching anything but stating a fact...

the actually product speaks for itself... that is why i "pre-ordered" it... but the way the marketing was handled was/is unprofessional... i would bet that discussions have taken place or will be taken place to discuss what can be done better in the future... and if any of the reps are present at these meetings and have input... they will say... we need more info when going to the public... because the public do not like to feel misled... real talk!!!

question... how could i build a scenario where my negativism can shine with events that actually happen?

i agree to disagree...

but do not understand how the truth can be negative... that is why they call it the truth... right?

I can accept the non usage on deeply discounted ST3 but the drop has left me sore as hell because one day they qualified for 50% and the next day it drops to 30% without warning. At a bare minimum existing points should have remained the same. It takes away the whole incentive structure because at any time points can be devalued or taken away. It's basically lose/lose for points if you try to save them for a future purchase.

frankz00 wrote:I can accept the non usage on deeply discounted ST3 but the drop has left me sore as hell because one day they qualified for 50% and the next day it drops to 30% without warning. At a bare minimum existing points should have remained the same. It takes away the whole incentive structure because at any time points can be devalued or taken away. It's basically lose/lose for points if you try to save them for a future purchase.
true words.. ..it would be great if they could leave the 50% JP for regular purchases like it was before and the 30% on sales only.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
frankz00 wrote:I can accept the non usage on deeply discounted ST3 but the drop has left me sore as hell because one day they qualified for 50% and the next day it drops to 30% without warning. At a bare minimum existing points should have remained the same. It takes away the whole incentive structure because at any time points can be devalued or taken away. It's basically lose/lose for points if you try to save them for a future purchase.
true words.. ..it would be great if they could leave the 50% JP for regular purchases like it was before and the 30% on sales only.
Ahhh... but that's how they offset the "loss" of allowing the extra discount during sales. They make up for it on non-sale items. Some smarty pants with a slide rule figured it all out... trust me on this.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

donato wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
donato wrote:

No doubt. And people should call them out in their threads. People need to hold companies accountable.
Yes, we are accountable for SampleTank 3 being late. Now it is coming out for release in July, we've stated the pricing options and you are welcome to purchase or not purchase during any of the three stated pricing periods in the pricing structure stated here http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4109

We're accountable for the change in JamPoints policy and I've answered that topic when it has come up, as well as not being able to use them during the SampleTank 3 preorder (again, we could have - and apparently should have in the opinion of some - posted a price 30% higher and allowed use of JamPoints so there wasn't that part of the whole kerfluffle even though it would have been the same exact deal).

Thanks of calling attention to these things so we can answer and get the information to people so they can get more information about our products, JamPoints program, and whatever else is covered during those topics.

LOL@wanting to buy ST3...
At least this thread delivers some funny things. :party:

TheKid wrote:LOL@wanting to buy ST3...
At least this thread delivers some funny things. :party:
Some are finding the number of people who "swore off IK" or otherwise gave massive grief recently getting on board and not only wanting but ordering ST3 quite funny, though I don't. I sincerely appreciate it and also sincerely hope they are very happy with their purchase. People are free to buy (or not buy) whatever they want and I see it isn't your thing, but so far we're seeing a lot of interest in the way of preorders so some people are excited and want to buy SampleTank 3 and most don't feel the need to ridicule them.

I do see the main point of the OP here (not related to SampleTank 3 at all now) is still not satisfactory to them, so of course I will relay that to the people who made the decision. I don't know if it will change anything but it can't hurt to have someone see that there's some complaint about it.

It does seem that reducing the value of existing jam points by twenty percent is a bait and switch and downright lame. I have no problem with a change in policy on new points going forward, but devaluing people's previously accumulated points is not a great way to engender trust in existing customers.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

anxiousmofo wrote:It does seem that reducing the value of existing jam points by twenty percent is a bait and switch and downright lame. I have no problem with a change in policy on new points going forward, but devaluing people's previously accumulated points is not a great way to engender trust in existing customers.
This is what I see as the main point. I was incentivized by the purchase and a future purchase based on points and that was ripped away without my knowlwdge or warning. I'm not saying I wont buy from them again but now I will bear in mind that I can't count on the value of JamPoints because that (allowable usage) value is subject to change at any time.

I dunno. I see these and have two minds. The side that says how many REALLY cool things IK have done for me, or the side that can't stand the tactics. I know, I've already said that, but it's a minor struggle. Total first-world problems though.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”