What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Ducking delay in anything from Native Instruments?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

amyhughes
KVRist

95 posts since 22 Apr, 2006

Postby amyhughes; Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:03 pm Ducking delay in anything from Native Instruments?

Does anything Native Instruments offer have a ducking delay?
kmonkey
KVRAF

3241 posts since 17 Aug, 2004

Postby kmonkey; Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:10 pm Re: Ducking delay in anything from Native Instruments?

amyhughes wrote:Does anything Native Instruments offer have a ducking delay?

One word...

Reaktor

It's not just instrument, it's used as effect unit too...gazillion of these ducking delays and delay galore...search user library..
V-GER
KVRian

569 posts since 2 Oct, 2011

Postby V-GER; Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:23 pm Re: Ducking delay in anything from Native Instruments?

I also found a somewhat convoluted way of achieving one in Guitar Rig on the NI forums:
Fill Brisell wrote:You can create 'ducking delay' with the tools already present in GuitarRig (from v2). Use the Input MDF component which tracks the input curve from your notes, and attach this to the wet/dry mix on the Delay component. When the curve is high it means there's notes coming in, and dealy mix should tend towards 'dry'. When the input curve flattens out it means there are long notes or silence, and the delay mix moves towards 'wet'. Note: to get a smooth transition it is important to work with the 'offset' and 'release' controls on the Input MDF component. Some time is needed to make this sound really musical, but anyway: it is definetly possible to create 'ducking' delay.
"Well, I haven't tried anything yet. I need to research solutions
first."
amyhughes
KVRist

95 posts since 22 Apr, 2006

Postby amyhughes; Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:37 pm Re: Ducking delay in anything from Native Instruments?

Yeah, I figure it can be done in Reaktor. I'll look for one in the user library.

I had no idea GR was so flexible. That sounds like a promising approach, if I need to build one.

Thanks.
osiris
KVRAF

7320 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:04 am Re: Ducking delay in anything from Native Instruments?

BoscoFx had a ducking reverb for Reaktor, but I've NEVER found a decent ducking delay. I tried to hook the same schematic up in a delay and it didn't work(need to really delve into it, but...)
The best thing I found to do is recored vocals 100% wet, then put on a seperate track, then cut and splice where and what you need.
realmarco
Waaaaahhh

1375 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:49 am Re: Ducking delay in anything from Native Instruments?

all you need is a delay and a side-chained compressor

or u can have this freeware
http://mdsp.smartelectronix.com/product/mdspduckdela/

there is also a Mac version yay !
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!
zerocrossing
KVRAF

7187 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:54 am Re: Ducking delay in anything from Native Instruments?

amyhughes wrote:Yeah, I figure it can be done in Reaktor. I'll look for one in the user library.

I had no idea GR was so flexible. That sounds like a promising approach, if I need to build one.

Thanks.

Yeah, Guitar Rig is a really a very cool tool. I never use it for guitars but it's very useful as a general modular effects module. Check out the cool sequencer too.
Zerocrossing Media
http://www.zerocrossing.net
4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects