What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Does anyone still use lush 101?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist
 
405 posts since 21 Dec, 2012

Postby MillerSam; Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:00 am Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

don't forget this month's roland will release the first plug-out version for the system one - SH-101 Emulation. I'm very interesting how this sound
KVRist
 
412 posts since 21 Feb, 2014

Postby LimboLoves; Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:12 am Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

Same here.
User avatar
KVRist
 
365 posts since 19 Nov, 2013, from Abandoned Spaceship
 

Postby Blue-eyed Blonde Ape; Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:49 am Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

Soundbanks for Sylenth1, Massive, lush-101, Zebra2, Diva, Monark, DCAM Here and Here
User avatar
KVRAF
 
4332 posts since 20 Jul, 2010
 

Postby Sendy; Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:55 am Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

TonyVegas wrote:Lush is my co-favorite synth, along with Spire. Lush sounds better than Diva at analog sounds and is much more versatile. It's just irreplaceable for so many sounds. Kind of frustrating that the best synths get overlooked because of the U-he fan-boy mafia.


Oh I get it, some other people like a synth that you don't, and there are a lot of them, so they must be "fan boys" - even though they are for the most part completely reasonable in their appreciation and don't prevent anyone else from having their say. What a disrespectful and narrow-minded way to deal with other people's opinions :roll:
Last edited by Sendy on Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp!
User avatar
KVRian
 
857 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby mysticvibes; Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:56 am Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

what's this? Roland is releasing a lush101 emulation via hardsynth
Image
User avatar
KVRian
 
857 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby mysticvibes; Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:02 am Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

Sendy wrote:
TonyVegas wrote:Lush is my co-favorite synth, along with Spire. Lush sounds better than Diva at analog sounds and is much more versatile. It's just irreplaceable for so many sounds. Kind of frustrating that the best synths get overlooked because of the U-he fan-boy mafia.


Oh I get it, some other people like a synth that you don't, and there are a lot of them, so they must be "fan boys" - even though they are for the most part completely reasonable in their appreciation and don't prevent anyone else from having their say. What a disrespectful and narrow-minded way to deal with other people's opinions :roll:


I didn't really read any negative connotations in what he wrote and it kinda makes sense Not directly aimed at uhe, but alot of vsti's get drowned out against more popular companies with large user base or have lots of hype, like when bitwig was first released any new synth released at this same time there'd be little room for it ..
Last edited by mysticvibes on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
KVRist
 
405 posts since 21 Dec, 2012

Postby MillerSam; Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:04 am Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

@mysticvibes

http://www.roland.com/products/en/SYSTEM-1/

They will released the first "plugin" for this synth. You can load the emulation in the hardware synth and take it away without computer. Plug-out system and the first emulation will be the SH-101 and they will show it on 26 june (facebook, they have said the date)
User avatar
KVRian
 
857 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Postby mysticvibes; Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:11 am Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

MillerSam wrote:@mysticvibes

http://www.roland.com/products/en/SYSTEM-1/

They will released the first "plugin" for this synth. You can load the emulation in the hardware synth and take it away without computer. Plug-out system and the first emulation will be the SH-101 and they will show it on 26 june (facebook, they have said the date)


I was actually kinda joking but it turns out to be true :lol: So let me get this right they are making a hardsynth based on a softsynth :clap: never heard that one.. shames its not lush though
Image
User avatar
KVRAF
 
4332 posts since 20 Jul, 2010
 

Postby Sendy; Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:00 pm Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

mysticvibes wrote:
Sendy wrote:
TonyVegas wrote:Lush is my co-favorite synth, along with Spire. Lush sounds better than Diva at analog sounds and is much more versatile. It's just irreplaceable for so many sounds. Kind of frustrating that the best synths get overlooked because of the U-he fan-boy mafia.


Oh I get it, some other people like a synth that you don't, and there are a lot of them, so they must be "fan boys" - even though they are for the most part completely reasonable in their appreciation and don't prevent anyone else from having their say. What a disrespectful and narrow-minded way to deal with other people's opinions :roll:


I didn't really read any negative connotations in what he wrote and it kinda makes sense Not directly aimed at uhe, but alot of vsti's get drowned out against more popular companies with large user base or have lots of hype, like when bitwig was first released any new synth released at this same time there'd be little room for it ..


No, I think calling a group of synth enthusiasts a "fanboy mafia" is unequivocally negative, whether intentional or not.

Let me just re-iterate, if you love a synth, there is nothing to stop you and likeminded people starting a thread to extol it's virtues. No amount of love for any other synth coder or manufacturer can ever take that away from you. And there doesn't have to be bad feelings, asif one group's love for something pushes another group's interests down.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp!
KVRAF
 
8606 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds
 

Postby pdxindy; Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:29 pm Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

Sendy wrote:No, I think calling a group of synth enthusiasts a "fanboy mafia" is unequivocally negative, whether intentional or not.

Let me just re-iterate, if you love a synth, there is nothing to stop you and likeminded people starting a thread to extol it's virtues. No amount of love for any other synth coder or manufacturer can ever take that away from you. And there doesn't have to be bad feelings, asif one group's love for something pushes another group's interests down.


Blaming a perceived lack of popular appreciation on other users who happen to like another synth (among many) is misplaced.

luSH-101 did not get off to a great start. Initially the GUI was so small that on larger monitors it was hard to see and to select certain controls. Also, luSH-101 is really heavy on the cpu... some of the factory presets I could not play 3 note chords without crushing the cpu.

D16 addressed both of these in the 1.2 update which added a larger GUI option and multi-core option as well. I suspect a lot of people had already uninstalled the demo by then.

There are also the SH-101 purists (not meant negatively) who were disappointed it had developed far from being an emulation. I think they are both good (never used an actual SH-101) but the general opinion seems to lean towards TAL being the better pure emulation.
KVRer
 
6 posts since 1 Feb, 2014

Postby a5astronomer; Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:20 pm Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

yes. problem is: it's a cpu hog. can only use it effectively on a high clock rate machine which is not easily transportable. but, other than that, it's superb for your fat, rich, 'bread & butter' sounds. i'm sure you can make abstract sounds with it, but not as easily as with aalto and kaivo.
KVRian
 
979 posts since 28 Jun, 2005, from La La Land

Postby Orbit-50; Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:54 pm Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

Haven't used it in a while. Total waste. Uses way too much CPU. They supposedly fixed that issue. :roll: I just gave up on it. They'll never get that thing to use a sensible amount of CPU. Freakin' shame.


.-.
Intel Core i7, Cubase 7.5, Ableton Live 9+Push, FL Studio 11, Wavelab 8.5, Halion 5, NI Komplete 9, Waves, Nexus 2, All VPS, Spire, Sylenth1, FXpansion, Alchemy, Waldorf Largo, Synthmaster, Ohm Force, GForce, D16 Group, ArtsAcoustic, FabFilter and more..
KVRist
 
412 posts since 21 Feb, 2014

Postby LimboLoves; Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:54 pm Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

Uses 17 percent CPU on my computer. That's not very much.
KVRian
 
979 posts since 28 Jun, 2005, from La La Land

Postby Orbit-50; Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:19 pm Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

LimboLoves wrote:Uses 17 percent CPU on my computer. That's not very much.

That's not good. 3 instances at that rate and the CPU starts to takes a crap. Some patches will send it to around 60% over here while playing chords. I have a powerful computer so that's not the problem. There are many other VSTi that sound great that don't use as much processing power. I'm a fan of of D-16 but there is definitely something wrong with LuSH -101.


.-.
Intel Core i7, Cubase 7.5, Ableton Live 9+Push, FL Studio 11, Wavelab 8.5, Halion 5, NI Komplete 9, Waves, Nexus 2, All VPS, Spire, Sylenth1, FXpansion, Alchemy, Waldorf Largo, Synthmaster, Ohm Force, GForce, D16 Group, ArtsAcoustic, FabFilter and more..
KVRAF
 
1761 posts since 12 Sep, 2004

Postby kbaccki; Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:56 pm Re: Does anyone still use lush 101?

pdxindy wrote:luSH-101 did not get off to a great start. Initially the GUI was so small that on larger monitors it was hard to see and to select certain controls. Also, luSH-101 is really heavy on the cpu... some of the factory presets I could not play 3 note chords without crushing the cpu.


And you can roll the clock back even a bit more... the initial preview/demos/announcement/excitement of the "Shiotir!" thread goes back to freaking Sep 2009. Lush-101 was released just over 3 years later. D16 is certainly free to set their own priorities and whatnot... but in the future, do not get the natives restless 3 years in advance. You only set yourself up for waning interest and potential disappointment. Lots of good quality synth products came out in those 3 years. That being said, lush-101 sounds very very good... as good as any of the other very very good sounding synths in the market... if lush-101 were a potato, it would be a very very good potato.
You need to limit that rez, bro.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments