What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Prodigy 'no good' ride sample / drum machine?

How to make that sound...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

damoog
KVRian

885 posts since 31 May, 2007

Postby damoog; Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:06 pm Prodigy 'no good' ride sample / drum machine?

Can anybody tell me this particular ride/cymbal sample comes from,liam howlett used in quite a lot in his 90's tracks

The ride sample starts right at the beginning of this track(the most prominent one)

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM9PU2reXA
The Prodigy No Good Bad for You REMIX
macbook pro 8gb / elektron A4 / moog LP / Roland TR-8 / ableton PUSH / live 9 / Reason / ATTITUDE!
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

6349 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:26 pm Re: Prodigy 'no good' ride sample / drum machine?

Good luck with that.

Liam has owned every drum machine/synthesiser known to man.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
Wildfunk
KVRian

715 posts since 26 Sep, 2008

Postby Wildfunk; Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:56 pm Re: Prodigy 'no good' ride sample / drum machine?

Mushy Mushy wrote:Good luck with that. Liam has owned every drum machine/synthesiser known to man.

... and hundreds of (sampled) records ;)
damoog
KVRian

885 posts since 31 May, 2007

Postby damoog; Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:19 pm Re: Prodigy 'no good' ride sample / drum machine?

fug sake...it might roland R8 sample or other known sample from a drum machine that i dont know of

its a simple question which somebody might know,enough of the smart ass answers eh
macbook pro 8gb / elektron A4 / moog LP / Roland TR-8 / ableton PUSH / live 9 / Reason / ATTITUDE!
Wildfunk
KVRian

715 posts since 26 Sep, 2008

Postby Wildfunk; Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:07 pm Re: Prodigy 'no good' ride sample / drum machine?

Only Liam knows the source (and i doubt it's from a drum machine).

But you could try the Korg M1 Ride or TR-606 Ride:

http://www.wildfunk.com/korgm1rolandtr606.mp3

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sound Design