Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Prodigy 'no good' ride sample / drum machine?

How to make that sound...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

damoog
KVRian

957 posts since 31 May, 2007

Postby damoog; Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:06 pm Prodigy 'no good' ride sample / drum machine?

Can anybody tell me this particular ride/cymbal sample comes from,liam howlett used in quite a lot in his 90's tracks

The ride sample starts right at the beginning of this track(the most prominent one)

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM9PU2reXA
The Prodigy No Good Bad for You REMIX
macbook pro 8gb / Dave smith PRO 2(the daddy!) / moog LP / Roland TR-8 / ableton PUSH / live 9 / Omnispere / Reason 8
Mushy Mushy
KVRAF

7515 posts since 6 Sep, 2008

Postby Mushy Mushy; Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:26 pm Re: Prodigy 'no good' ride sample / drum machine?

Good luck with that.

Liam has owned every drum machine/synthesiser known to man.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"
Wildfunk
Banned

Postby Wildfunk; Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:56 pm Re: Prodigy 'no good' ride sample / drum machine?

Mushy Mushy wrote:Good luck with that. Liam has owned every drum machine/synthesiser known to man.

... and hundreds of (sampled) records ;)
damoog
KVRian

957 posts since 31 May, 2007

Postby damoog; Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:19 pm Re: Prodigy 'no good' ride sample / drum machine?

fug sake...it might roland R8 sample or other known sample from a drum machine that i dont know of

its a simple question which somebody might know,enough of the smart ass answers eh
macbook pro 8gb / Dave smith PRO 2(the daddy!) / moog LP / Roland TR-8 / ableton PUSH / live 9 / Omnispere / Reason 8
Wildfunk
Banned

Postby Wildfunk; Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:07 pm Re: Prodigy 'no good' ride sample / drum machine?

Only Liam knows the source (and i doubt it's from a drum machine).

But you could try the Korg M1 Ride or TR-606 Ride:

http://www.wildfunk.com/korgm1rolandtr606.mp3

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sound Design