Any EDM music makers here use UAD plugins ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am just cruious and pls correct me if I am wrong... The UAD PCI-E card + plugins are mainly good for mastering those accoustic instruments and they are not aim for Dance producers ? Pls share your comments.

Regards!
Cowby

Nah probably not.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Nah probably not.
Thanks for your super quick input. Yeah.. based on my quick browse of their plugins, I couldn't find any interested one for my music (dance stuff) though they are on sale now.. :hihi:

so you are the first dance-producer ever not using eq, compressor, delay and reverb to mix your music?

I used other alternative.

cowby wrote:based on my quick browse of their plugins, I couldn't find any interested one for my music (dance stuff) though they are on sale now.. :hihi:
:shrug:

so i don't get your thread. NONE of these plugins is suited for only one specific genre. it's only suited to the taste of the user...

I used UAD for years. They sound superb.
I'd prefer not to be in that cycle though.
I've found better native alternatives for almost everything anyways.

UAD plugins are certainly used by "EDM" (or more generally) electronic music producers.

Remember: it's just another platform for plugins, with built in copy protection.

There is nothing intrinsically "better" about UAD plugins other than the differences between Developer X vs. Developer Y i.e. some developers have better algorithms for distortion, or analogue mojo, or pitch correction.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Thanks all for the info. Why I asked this question was because most of the producers who is using UAD products I've seen in youtube are producing non EDM. So that's why ...

As the others said, it's just another set of generic plugins. However, to give you at least one dj/producer I know of that uses it: Dave Clarke.

Definitely not generic plug ins. Uniformly excellent. Never any install issues. Some spectacular fx plugs that you would be hard pressed to match for reverb and delay.

The card takes the brunt of all fx leaving more cpu for vst instruments.

Personally I find them great for electronic music.

…by the way. EDM is a f**king lame term, please dispose of it immediately.

i do lot of jungle/D&B and breakbeat and i i used my uad plugs on all my projects.

as long as your music needs EQs compressors modulation delay reverb guitar amps UAD is a good choice, so if you're thinking of gettting one, well get one this way the plugins are running in high resolution with no CPU hit

it looks like its got some plugins that have no Native candidate like this
http://www.uaudio.com/store/special-pro ... fatso.html
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Which plugins are geared to EDM or are prefered?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Effects”