Post your silly shit you wouldn't otherwise post.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:D
drumity wrote:
nasenmann wrote:Oh, but it is one reason...
Sry, but the reason why people don´t comment on threads isn´t overpopulation. That´s a strange thought and I don´t get it honestly.
If fewer and fewer people are clicking on a topic, than not because of overpopulation, but because of the overkill of information AND
more important that people care less and less about others.
That´s a sociological problem not a population issue.
The so called "Social medias" (which are unsocial medias if you´re looking closer into it) are doing the rest.
But the problem is more complex than most of the people are thinking ... one observation as a professional musician is the increasing absence of appreciation of musical skills.
That´s terrifying ...
Ok, you're skinning the cat the other way round. Your more indepth explanation helps, but some of it is just a semantically different version of what we said.
drumity wrote:
nasenmann wrote:I know you wanna say that the music sucks and that's why the forum is going bad....that's fine, but not exactly helpful either...
That´s not what I said. Generalization isn´t helpful either !

(( D ))
reread what you said so far and maybe realise you said very little until this last post, which contained some good thoughts. It's very hard to not generalize in response to a generic post...
You gotta spell it out man, else you can't expect much back. Realise how relevant this is to the topic at hand?

Peace!

nasenmann wrote: Ok, you're skinning the cat the other way round. Your more indepth explanation helps, but some of it is just a semantically different version of what we said.
Not at all. What you´re saying is completely different of what my opinion was. And it´s no indepth explanation, but I just touched briefly on this topic.
I started on this forum 2007, there was as many posts as today (perhaps even more), but more comments. One reason of the changes since then are not the result of more posts, but the "evolution" of the people. Coincidentally in 2007 was the release of Facebook ... you get it ? In such a short period of time this "social media" (amongst others) turned most of the guys and girls in Rainmen, which are more concerned about their cell phones and the newest app. Walking at the city, not even turning their eyes of the cell phone while putting one foot in front of the other.
Just have a look at the train station at 8 am and you´ll see what I mean.
The society is getting more and more unsocial, but this is an issue which would blow up this thread.

SoundCloud is another example. You get hundreds of clicks and 87 downloads of your track, but NOBODY is able to write ONE comment.
That ´s another topic: Expecting all for FREE and giving nothing back.
Isn´t that an explanation of unsocial ?
I have to say that this is pissing me off more and more ...
drumity wrote:maybe realise you said very little until this last post, which contained some good thoughts.
Very little ? ;-)
With these few thoughts I said more than you can imagine. But the explanation would be a topic for a sociological forum, not a music forum.
Nonetheless all is connected.

One last thing: I took my time to write several comments on your thread. Did you the same ? If we just pointing fingers on others, but don´t give something back, than the result is what you see on this forum.
It can be that easy ;-)

(( D ))

This ain't "my thread". It's our thread, and at the moment it's a discussion that isn't likely to go places.
You post worthwhile information now, but the attitude you convey seems rife with arrogance, to be honest. It's no fun for me to talk to you when every post you make has this aura of "i know better".

Have a nice day.

This wasn´t my intention and I am not the projected area of your moods.
It start to get ridiculous now and your attitude is getting on my nerves.
If you aren´t able/not willing to follow some thoughts and confuse them with arrogance,
than please don´t reply.
My comments are just thought-provoking impulses, nothing less or more.
If you don´t find them useful, leave them.
I am absolutely fine with that, because all I know is I know nothing ;-)

(( D ))

I can follow your thoughts, they're worthwhile.
I detect your arrogance, it's all too clear.
Start being honest with yourself.

For what it's worth, i deleted my fb in '11. i never really liked cellphones, and looking at all the folks being mesmerized by little touch screens on their way to wherever sometimes gives me the giggles, sometimes makes me sad. Similar with headphones - huge need to shut off your senses from the world, apparently. I can relate somewhat, felt the need for that too in the past, like when i was regularily using the underground in a large city.
i do have an idea what you're talking about, and don't entirely like the development either.

Don't wanna fight ya, but while it's a passionate topic for you i'm sure, i think you'd do well staying aware of needlessly confrontational cues in your language. They're there, and they don't help getting your point across.

Great topic

hug the mood :hug:
listen to the music :phones:

We're all f**ked! That is all :neutral:

I don't have a cell phone. When I did have, it was just a telephone to me. When I go outside I should be experiencing the world in realtime; I don't take pictures of things in order to know they happened, I never did. I don't have any scrapbook.
But I see the deterioration of society, all the people stuck to their phone and nearly oblivious to their surroundings (haven for pickpockets I'd think), everywhere I go...

But I prefer Facebook to KVR, I tell you what. It doesn't make me into anything through itself and I think this has to be true of a person.
It is a social media for me. Without going out of my way much, where Soundcloud as a social media would happen to the degree I push it, and I don't like to.
I don't like self-promotion. I'll prattle on if someone asks and sometimes I push myself to describe something but I don't like it. People have found out about my music more through radio and Facebook than here, because the musical focus here is generally located in spots my music doesn't travel to so often. This seems more and more true to me. Could be me. :shrug:

FB is about conversation, and the reason I even found about about it was when I looked up a couple of people I had been close to that I had lost connection with for some years. And it's been very broadening for me.
I see people speak so negatively about it at KVR, which is first of all ironic as hell, and I see that and think 'this is about you and how you are' rather than about the thing itself.

I think the de-evolution of KVR, which is my take on it regardless, is something in itself, & while it may be congruent with cell phones and selfies, it has to do with musical society which is a world of its own. Facebook is not going to become ever more narrow according to the focus of Producas and 'what is the best hard sync synth' for me.
So when there is something to talk about, even if it's going to result in combat, the thread becomes concentrated for me. I may be wrong, it may be that the lack of comments makes it look like more posts, but KVR seems to be really thinning out in favor of a bunch of nothing to me.

drumity wrote:SoundCloud is another example. You get hundreds of clicks and 87 downloads of your track, but NOBODY is able to write ONE comment.
If what you make resembles closely enough what a million other people make, there is a comment every second. And now it's deliberately geared to one or two word comments. For me it's exactly reflective of what I said regarding the Music Cafe but in microcosm.

Nevermind ...
Last edited by drumity on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well this trheads be trolled and debunked out of it's intended context. God bless free speech. Next time take it to your PM's :)

jancivil wrote:When I go outside I should be experiencing the world in realtime;
:tu: Absolutely what I am thinking !

Great thoughts Jan !
The evolution of mankind is relating to the ability of disputing about different opinions ;-)

(( D ))

drumity wrote:Nevermind ...
thank you! i think you're getting it.

sorry for the derailment everyone. i can get overly sensitive sometimes.
i just think the dispute should go with as much friendliness as one can muster.

Return to “Music Cafe”