Was it worth the 2 years? [synth pop/vocals]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello my friends,

I'm finally getting the nerve to share a track. Would be honored to have you listen and comment. Was the mix to your liking? Suggestions, if not. They're welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/luxelliott/apolonary-review-mix

Thanks in advance

Lux

I'm not liking the mix. I think the bass volume could be ridden more as it seems stagnant throughout the mix, and too prominently featured for my preferences.

The drums also seem to disappear in the mix, especially during the bridge. I would like to hear them brighter in the mix since it seems there's a lot of higher end frequency that's not really being used.

The vocals have good separation and seem to sit well. Overall, I think your mids are a bit muddied.

Nice track and you've got some nice vocals...better than a lot out there.

You should have more confidence. Personally like the song, only feedback I can give from my initial thoughts is the lyrics are very strong and I just feel the pop composition is not best suited to this song. But don't take that to heart. It sounds too focused on the mid top end, low end could carry some oomph to power the vocals along.

Certainly keep working at it, you've got a talent.

Thank you both,

Great feedback, that I appreciate. I'll wait for more and then post a revised version.

Lux

Good song with very strong vox. Did you spend 2 years working on just this track?

Occasionally the levels seem slightly off e.g. sometimes the snare is too soft. But it's a pretty good mix with a lot going on. The fadeout does seem a little abrupt.

Thank you -

The song was written 2 years ago and I have visited it on and off until I finally finished it. There are scores of versions leading up to this. I tend to do that. With 20ish songs in the works, I'll have just an EP out by 2020... haha

Return to “Music Cafe”