Flaws of FL Studio Native Plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Convo reverb is very nice, but it uses tons of CPU (all conco rev do)
But for sidechaining, NOTHING is as good as the Limiter. (once you learn how to get it set up right)

Gross Beat is also very good for sidechaining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg0zbIX8z30

osiris wrote:The Convo reverb is very nice, but it uses tons of CPU (all conco rev do)
But for sidechaining, NOTHING is as good as the Limiter. (once you learn how to get it set up right)
What are the benefits using this method oposed to say peak controller?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I like FL Studio native plugins a lot (especially Delay Bank, Flangus, Limiter, Love Philter, PEQ2, Reeverb2, Stereo Enhancer, Stereo Shaper and Waveshaper). They are easy to use with loooooow CPU usage. Therefore I use them in every project!
yzcoruhT

I used a pretty good mix of native FL plugins and VSTs, until I switched to Maschine. Some of those native plugins are very solid, and I had to go hunting for replacements.

I still haven't found good substitutes for some of the more unique effects, or generators for that matter.

On the other hand, I don't really consider the native plugins adequate for algorithmic reverb, bitcrushing, delay modulation (chorus/flanger/phaser) or dub delay, and while the waveshaper is pretty good there are much better distortion options out there.

Major benefit is it seems to use less cpu. I've done both and prefer Limiter.

5 ways to sidechain in flstudio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNtYpe-IGyY
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Their newer EQ has excellent workflow. Which is a big deal when EQ'ing a high number of tracks. For some reason I have always liked their ancient plugin Flangus.

Return to “Effects”