What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

AgiKvr
KVRist

133 posts since 22 Apr, 2010, from Venice - Italy

Postby AgiKvr; Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:21 am Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

As a sampler addicted :love: I'd like to know your thoughts about it! :hyper:
thanx!
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8383 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:25 am Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

Is it a sampler or a tracker plugin? Or both?

I still don't know what it really is but the GUI looks pretty good.

Is it worth to learn it even if I don't have much experience with trackers? :?:
AgiKvr
KVRist

Postby AgiKvr; Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:28 am Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

the innovation is that it will be sold as a vsti so you can use it in your favourite daw!
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

2497 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:39 am Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

Tricky-Loops wrote:Is it a sampler or a tracker plugin? Or both?

Well, it's the bits of a tracker that are used to handle samples. It is, for some things, one of the most intuitive ways to manipulate samples. The drill and bass genre (Venetian Snares etc) was more or less built on trackers.
No longer blank as Frank
Soundcloud
AgiKvr
KVRist

Postby AgiKvr; Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:28 am Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

Gamma-UT wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Is it a sampler or a tracker plugin? Or both?

Well, it's the bits of a tracker that are used to handle samples. It is, for some things, one of the most intuitive ways to manipulate samples. The drill and bass genre (Venetian Snares etc) was more or less built on trackers.

very interesting!
any other comment?
bunnywrench
KVRist

188 posts since 17 Jan, 2006

Postby bunnywrench; Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:19 pm Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

From what I've read about it so far, Redux is basically a renoise instrument in plugin format. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a "tracker in a plugin" like ReViSiT (which is Windows only).
SampleScience
KVRAF

2426 posts since 31 Oct, 2004, from Mtl, Canada

Postby SampleScience; Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:08 am Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

Any screenshot? I'm curious to know what it looks like.
toothnclaw
KVRist

210 posts since 29 Apr, 2013

Postby toothnclaw; Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:28 am Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

bunnywrench wrote:From what I've read about it so far, Redux is basically a renoise instrument in plugin format. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a "tracker in a plugin" like ReViSiT (which is Windows only).

From here: http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?/top ... ing-redux/

"Redux will be an instrument plugin (VST on Windows, OSX and Linux - Audio Unit on OSX - all in 32 and 64 bit flavors), which brings the sample-mangling and pattern hacking capabilities of Renoise to any DAW which is capable of hosting VST or AU plugins. Redux is NOT intended to be Renoise as a plugin – we have ReWire for that – but it has been developed based on Renoises's new sampler and phrases to be an instrument. Redux has its own identity, and is more like Renoise's little brother.

This means that, without resorting to tricks like Rewire, the sample-mangling capabilities of Renoise will soon be available to any DAW, too. We hope this is useful for everyone to try out the Renoise tracking workflow without leaving your favorite DAW, or for Renoise users to bring your Renoise way of composing into other DAWs. Any instruments created in Renoise will be fully compatible with Redux, and vice versa."

Which means that phrases (the Excel spreadsheet, otherwise known as a sequencer) will be there. So, it's going to be a pattern-based sampler instrument, i.e. "a tracker in a plugin".
Last edited by toothnclaw on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
toothnclaw
KVRist

210 posts since 29 Apr, 2013

Postby toothnclaw; Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:28 am Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

sorry, doublepost
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

3533 posts since 16 Dec, 2002, from over there

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:15 am Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

As mentioned above, try Revisit, it also has sub patterns to take your drill and bass to extremes

Hi-definition & Hi-resolution timing and editing reViSiT Pro opens up the space between the rows in the pattern, previously only accessible through effects commands. With the subrow editing features, you can edit your music at up to 32x the resolution, as naturally as you would a normal pattern. A rows-per-beat option is also available for changing the global resolution of patterns, when synchronised with the host.
blackflag
KVRist

100 posts since 21 Sep, 2008

Postby blackflag; Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:32 am Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

I certainly hope they plan on improving the instrument filters and effects for Redux, they sound beyond terrible in Renoise.
fwsuperhero
KVRist

38 posts since 26 Jul, 2012, from Prague, czech republic

Postby fwsuperhero; Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:37 am Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

Redux will have tracker patterns! They are called phrases and they are tied to the instrument but you can save them and open them in different one (with R3, dunno if it will be possible with redux).
So it will be sampler with very nice and flexible fx chains, unique envelope possibilities etc.

Killer for a drums!

Blackflag: Yeah, filters are the worst part of renoise. On the other hand, we have great free vsts and developers can concentrate on other things. Even if i dream about great freeware developers who joins the renoise team :-)
blackflag
KVRist

100 posts since 21 Sep, 2008

Postby blackflag; Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:40 am Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

A vst plugin filter can't replace the polyphonic Renoise instrument filters, so they really need to be updated if they actually expect people to buy Redux.
lectrixboogaloo
KVRist

104 posts since 11 Mar, 2014

Postby lectrixboogaloo; Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:08 pm Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

almost, but not quite!
KVRist

65 posts since 1 Oct, 2009

Postby 218; Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:28 pm Re: Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

Really looking forward to Redux:D Will be awesome to be able to quickly open Renoise instruments in other apps without having to rewire :phones:
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments