Is there an echo processor like this?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im looking for a simple 2Ch (not Stereo) echo processor.

It should only have the following features:

On/Off Left, On/Off Right

Time Left, Time Right

Decay Left, Decay Right

BPM Sync Left, BPM Sync Right

(I.e. 2 independent mono-echoes with no other features.)

Application: To easily create echo effects where one side is 100% input signal and the other side is 100% echo signal.

Ever seen anything like this?

Maybe not helpful, but can you set something up like this pretty easily with your DAW routing? Or maybe a modular sub host (whatever you call it)? Minihost Modular seems popular these days.

lectrixboogaloo wrote:Maybe not helpful, but can you set something up like this pretty easily with your DAW routing? Or maybe a modular sub host (whatever you call it)? Minihost Modular seems popular these days.
Yes, i can achieve the effect with certain 'normal' delays, especially in VSTHost, which is modular.

The problem is only that everything i know of is stereo, which makes it a pain in the ass to create echo effects where one side is 100% dry input signal and the other side is 100% echo. (With many delays you cant do this at all.) Thats why i was wondering if anyone knows of an echo proc that allows me to achieve what i want in a simple fashion, so i can just slap it on and have my one-side-dry, one-side-echo effect going immediately.

Thanks anyway. :)

ReaDelay

This can be done with stock DAW delay plugins. Using Logic's stereo delay this can be achived because it was a wet/dry level for both the left and right signal.

If you dont have logic, you could just use a send instead of an insert. Have the original source in mono panned hard left and the send panned hard right. Though you would need to have the send set pre-pan/post-fader. :wink: Easy peasy!

RPdelay should do this, as well as Audio Damage Ricochet, or U-He MFM2 (and many others).

toothnclaw wrote:ReaDelay
I have this. (Is part of the ReaPlugs package.) I believe i have checked it before in this context and it didnt quite do what i wanted, but i will check again just to be sure that im not mixing it up with some other plugin.
E-KL!PSE wrote:Have the original source in mono panned hard left and the send panned hard right. Though you would need to have the send set pre-pan/post-fader.
Thats pretty much what ive been doing so far. (Amongst some other 'techniques' with delays that allow for it.) Actually thats exactly why it occured to me to look for a simple dual-mono echo (with minimal features, as described in the first post) as that would allow me to avoid all the stunts and simply enable the echo on whatever side i want it on while the other side remains dry.

(Actually it doesnt even have to be dual. A single echo processor would totally suffice as long as one side always remains dry and the echo side can be switched. In that case it would only need to have 1x time, 1x decay and 1x sync.)
sinkmusic wrote:RPdelay should do this, as well as Audio Damage Ricochet, or U-He MFM2 (and many others).
Yes, many can do this 'technically'. But it always requires a lot of fiddling with pans and stuff and thats exactly what i would like to avoid from now on. Like i said, im thinking of something that merely features on/off, time, decay and sync, either in a dual configuration for each side separately or a single line that can be L/R switched. This would allow me to achieve this one specific echo effect in the most painless way possible while the more complex stuff can still be done with some other plugin. (I have many delays allowing for a whole variety of different echo effects but not a single one that is designed to just do dry/echo.)

What DAW do you use?

"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

If you want to have a simple, yet good sounding delay, KarmaFX Deelay might be a good choice:

http://karmafx.net

What about Bionic Delay or Bionic Supa Delay?

http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_donationware.shtml

Overkill. :D

(Good echoes though, i demoed them both. Although i dont remember if they could do what im after.)

Tricky-Loops wrote:If you want to have a simple, yet good sounding delay, KarmaFX Deelay might be a good choice:

http://karmafx.net

Got this one too but it doesnt do the effect im after.

(Dry and Wet control both channels = same problem as with most other stereo delays.) :(

Doug1978 wrote:What about Bionic Delay or Bionic Supa Delay?

http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_donationware.shtml

Have the Supa, same problem as above. (And muuuuch too many features that arent required for the effect im after.)

Dont know the one on the pic but i can already tell by looking at it that it isnt capable of the desired effect either. :(

However, after some digging around in my folders i stumbled upon one that actually does what i want. Somehow i totally forgot about this one even though i have recommended it (or the whole pack) at least once in some other thread myself.

Its name is BlueDelay and it is part of digilogues 'BlueLine' pack. It has 2 modes, 'BlueDelay' and 'TempoDelay'. Since it has separate mix-sliders for L and R, one can simply push up one side and pull down the other and the desired effect is achieved. :) (Gain is separate from this so volume can be controlled separately.) The only thing thats missing is real host-sync, i.e. the BPM have to be set manually. This is of course not optimal but maybe it will be good enough.

To see the effect in action (Left=Dry / Right=Echo) click the GIF.

If you know of a plugin that can do the same but with real host-sync, im all ears. :phones:

PS@E-KL!PSE:

I want this first and foremost for use in VSTHost, which means DAW-integrated plugs are ruled out.

It has to be a regular VST.

Oh, and as for ReaDelay; i re-checked and i was right; it cannot do dry|echo either because you cannot pan the dry signal.

(So dry will always come from both sides.)

If it had separate L/R sliders for dry and wet like BlueDelay then it would have been a good option indeed.

May be a bit overkill, but Fabfilter Timeless allows you to pan the delay one side and the dry signal the other. That's what you had in mind if I'm correct?

BDeep wrote:Timeless allows you to pan the delay one side and the dry signal the other. That's what you had in mind if I'm correct?
Yes and no.

Technically it would of course give the effect im after, but what i was really hoping to find was a tool that doesnt require any 'setting up' like panning, in other words a tool that allows one to simply turn on the echo on whatever side it is desired and thats that. A dual-mono echo would allow for just that since there would be (could be) no interconnection between the 2 sides at all. The left side signal could never be anywhere else than full-left and the right side signal could never be anywhere else than full-right. So the only things you would have to operate is the echo on/off switch and your time/decay params.

BTW, isnt it odd that something so very simple is so hard to find? Given the triviality of the effect one would think that such plugins are all over the place but it really looks as though there isnt even one. Crazy.

Return to “Effects”