Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

just came home from work to discover that they have removed the 64bit version for windows from the download section. i think i call it quits with waldorf!! :x

EvilDragon wrote:Try this and keep calm:

http://www.waldorf-music.info/downloads ... 64_Win.zip
thanks a lot, ED

EvilDragon wrote:Seems they have enough Mac testers as it stands from what Ingo said to me, since Windows bugs are getting through. :D
Good point.

I can't even activate the demo:

"A license of the same type you are trying to download is stored in the selected eLicenser already. There may not be more than one such license present on any given eLicenser.

Please restart the download process, but choose a different eLicenser to download the license to."

Sounds like you've activated a demo licence once already. You can only demo once.

crashes cubase 7.52 64bit during vst scan on windows 7 64bit

EvilDragon wrote:Sounds like you've activated a demo licence once already. You can only demo once.
Nope, I have never demoed it.

Ingo, Here are the specs as requested;
Mac OSX version 10.7.5, DAW Studio One v2.6.1
Let me know if you require more info.

I did manually back up the AU components and VST, then manually remove the 32 bit AU & VST before installing the Largo 64 bit plugins.

On the Mac you can choose to open Studio One in either 32 or 64 bit, this is very handy. Select the Studio One application, Command I: Open in 32bit. See below
32bit.png
Studio One in 64 bit mode: Largo 1.5.2 No VST instrument :(
Studio One in 32 bit mode: All Largo 1.5.2 instruments load :)
Vendor.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This thread caught my eye in the KVR sidebar, but have not been following it.

Quick, simple question: Is there, or will there soon be, a 64-bit version of Largo, finally? (Windows in particular)

The last time I inquired about this officially with the company itself, they said they didn't have plans announced.

Thanks!

jalcide wrote:This thread caught my eye in the KVR sidebar, but have not been following it.

Quick, simple question: Is there, or will there soon be, a 64-bit version of Largo, finally? (Windows in particular)

The last time I inquired about this officially with the company itself, they said they didn't have plans announced.

Thanks!
If you follow this thread yo will see that it was already released but seems the windows version is removed now. The reason seem to be that certain bugs are still not solved including at least one that was already discussed by the beta testers,
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Everglide wrote:Ingo, Here are the specs as requested;
Mac OSX version 10.7.5, DAW Studio One v2.6.1
Let me know if you require more info.

I did manually back up the AU components and VST, then manually remove the 32 bit AU & VST before installing the Largo 64 bit plugins.

On the Mac you can choose to open Studio One in either 32 or 64 bit, this is very handy. Select the Studio One application, Command I: Open in 32bit. See below
32bit.png
Studio One in 64 bit mode: Largo 1.5.2 No VST instrument :(
Studio One in 32 bit mode: All Largo 1.5.2 instruments load :)
Vendor.png
Many thanks for the details. Will try to forward the info.

As it seems to be a problem on Mac i could not test this myself. On Windows it seems to work with the demo version of Studio One 2.6.2 64-bit (could not be switched to 32-bit there).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Gosh wrote:crashes cubase 7.52 64bit during vst scan on windows 7 64bit
A problem with Cubase 7 .5 and Windows was already reported at Waldorf but seemed to be difficult to reproduce,
A while ago i used the demo of Cubase 7.5 64-bit (timed out now) and both the 64-bit VST2 and VST3 seemed to work there. It is also sure that the developer himself used Cubase for testing.

I had started Cubase with administrator rights if it helps.

BTW my main hosts (besides some demo versions i used/use ) are Live 9.1.2 64-bit and Reaper 4.6 64-bit and no such problems there. Same for the demo versions of e.g. Sutudio One 2.6.2 64-bit (for windows) and Bitwig Studio. My OS is Windows 7 64-bit like yours.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
Gosh wrote:crashes cubase 7.52 64bit during vst scan on windows 7 64bit
A problem with Cubase 7 .5 and Windows was already reported at Waldorf but seemed to be difficult to reproduce,
A while ago i used the demo of Cubase 7.5 64-bit (timed out now) and both the 64-bit VST2 and VST3 seemed to work there. It is also sure that the developer himself used Cubase for testing.

I had started Cubase with administrator rights if it helps.

BTW my main hosts (besides some demo versions i used/use ) are Live 9.1.2 64-bit and Reaper 4.6 64-bit and no such problems there. Same for the demo versions of e.g. Sutudio One 2.6.2 64-bit (for windows) and Bitwig Studio. My OS is Windows 7 64-bit like yours.
hi ingo, i think the problem is that the largo installer now puts some data into the "program data" folder. i also have crashes with the 64bit version of lector when i try to load the factory programs which are also located in the "program data" folder. as you suggested, loading programs into lector does not lead to a cubase crash when cubase is started in administrator mode. i have to check now if cubase, when started in administrator mode, scans the largo.dll without crashes.
btw. i asked waldorf two times if i can test the beta versions and got no reply. seeing the problems with the windows version now really makes me wonder why i never received an answer.
ps. the lector 64bit version also crashes live 9.1.2 when programs are loaded on my system

Gosh wrote: hi ingo, i think the problem is that the largo installer now puts some data into the "program data" folder. i also have crashes with the 64bit version of lector when i try to load the factory programs which are also located in the "program data" folder. as you suggested, loading programs into lector does not lead to a cubase crash when cubase is started in administrator mode. i have to check now if cubase, when started in administrator mode, scans the largo.dll without crashes.
btw. i asked waldorf two times if i can test the beta versions and got no reply. seeing the problems with the windows version now really makes me wonder why i never received an answer.
ps. the lector 64bit version also crashes live 9.1.2 when programs are loaded on my system
Strange, Lector 64-bit seems to be rock solid here in Live 9.1.2 (just checked again). I have all Waldorf plugins as 64-bit here (Lector, Largo, PPG Wave 3.V, Waldorf Edition) and the only crash i could remember seemed to be in an early beta of the 64-bit updates.

My testing system is also nothing special. It's a quite old Sony notebook (also got a desktop PC that i raraely use at the moment) and i use it for almost everything so it's not a dedicated music PC. Also got at least 5 or more hosts installed (including a few demos) at the moment and both eLicenser and iLok 2 dongles which should not really increase stability... :)
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”