Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Ingonator wrote:
Gosh wrote: hi ingo, i think the problem is that the largo installer now puts some data into the "program data" folder. i also have crashes with the 64bit version of lector when i try to load the factory programs which are also located in the "program data" folder. as you suggested, loading programs into lector does not lead to a cubase crash when cubase is started in administrator mode. i have to check now if cubase, when started in administrator mode, scans the largo.dll without crashes.
btw. i asked waldorf two times if i can test the beta versions and got no reply. seeing the problems with the windows version now really makes me wonder why i never received an answer.
ps. the lector 64bit version also crashes live 9.1.2 when programs are loaded on my system
Strange, Lector 64-bit seems to be rock solid here in Live 9.1.2 (just checked again). I have all Waldorf plugins as 64-bit here (Lector, Largo, PPG Wave 3.V, Waldorf Edition) and the only crash i could remember seemed to be in an early beta of the 64-bit updates.

My testing system is also nothing special. It's a quite old Sony notebook (also got a desktop PC that i raraely use at the moment) and i use it for almost everything so it's not a dedicated music PC. Also got at least 5 or more hosts installed (including a few demos) at the moment and both eLicenser and iLok 2 dongles which should not really increase stability... :)
hi ingo, if you start all of yours daws in administrator mode then this could be the cause why you don't experience any problems. maybe you could check if there are crashes if you start cubase, live etc. without the administrator mode (not that i want to provoke some crashes on your system, but this could be a useful information).
cheers

Gosh wrote: hi ingo, if you start all of yours daws in administrator mode then this could be the cause why you don't experience any problems. maybe you could check if there are crashes if you start cubase, live etc. without the administrator mode (not that i want to provoke some crashes on your system, but this could be a useful information).
cheers
Hi,

just did a test in Live 9 Suite 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit with administrator mode turned off.

Used both Lector 64-bit and PPG Wave 3.V 64-bit (as sound source) on a single MIDI track and it works without crashes so far, even when switching presets in both Lector and PPG Wave 3.V. Same when replacing PPG Wave 3.V 64-bit with Largo 64-bit. I used Lector v1.03 64-bit (released last year) and the latest version of Largo 64-bit.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Bug: the two level knobs at the right of the GUI are not available, when clicking on the area one can only adjust the pan positions.
Win 7, I5, Live 9.1.2 standard x64.

vstliefhebber wrote:Bug: the two level knobs at the right of the GUI are not available, when clicking on the area one can only adjust the pan positions.
Damn, you are right (same configuration here). This is strange as i found and reported a few GUI problems like this in the past and this one should be obvious. :dog:
Seems to be even worse as i found the same problem exists in the mixer section (e.g. "Osc 1 Level"). Other knobs seem to work, only the Level knobs seem to be involved.

For comparison i tested the old 32-bit version and it's working fine there.

One reason why i overlooked this could be that with multiple updates (Largo, PPG Wave 3.V, Waldorf Edition) maybe i started getting "blind" for certain things... :cry:

UPDATE:
Seems to be solved in the latest Beta i just received.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Gosh wrote: hi ingo, if you start all of yours daws in administrator mode then this could be the cause why you don't experience any problems. maybe you could check if there are crashes if you start cubase, live etc. without the administrator mode (not that i want to provoke some crashes on your system, but this could be a useful information).
cheers
Hi,

just did a test in Live 9 Suite 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit with administrator mode turned off.

Used both Lector 64-bit and PPG Wave 3.V 64-bit (as sound source) on a single MIDI track and it works without crashes so far, even when switching presets in both Lector and PPG Wave 3.V. Same when replacing PPG Wave 3.V 64-bit with Largo 64-bit. I used Lector v1.03 64-bit (released last year) and the latest version of Largo 64-bit.

Ingo
thanks for testing, ingo. i still think it is a problem with the administrator rights, most probably you start your computer with different administrator settings than me. i wrote a support mail to waldorf, let's see what they have to say.

Gosh wrote:crashes cubase 7.52 64bit during vst scan on windows 7 64bit
I have the same problem on my system win7 64bit.
Tested it in Sonar X3 and latest version of Reaper (Both started in admin mode).

I did a clean windows 8.1 install yesterday to see if it made a difference but it still crashed on vst scanning.

Now i am back on win 7 64bit again since i prefer it over W8 but haven't reinstalled Largo 64bit and will wait for a new release.

Maybe Largo is depended on some sort of systemfile that i haven't downloaded like one of the C++ runtime libraries?

There was a certain request regarding the new Blofeld OS taht was posted in the hardware section. My reply could be also interesting here:
Ingonator wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
It seems to me that Waldorf lacks a basic QA department. My mind boggles at stuff like this as with a good QA team releases would be much better. It would take more time, obviously, to release an update but the release wouldn't have to be sheepishly taken down off the site because it's unusable for many owners.
Actually they have someone for that now (a dedicated QA director) but he just started his job so let's see.

He is taking care that necessary bug fixes are done and also takes care that remaining bug fixes for the 64-bit plugin updates will be done. Also possible that future betatests will be re-organized in some way.
At the moment we are coopertating with him concerning the remaining Largo 64-bit fixes.
The new QA director also seems to take care about bug reports posted by users so posting bugs here makes sense. Anyway i could not promise that everything will be fixed very fast.

As already mentioned i am also trying to keep track of bugs reported here and try to confirm where possible (and as already mentioned i could not test Mac related bugs myself).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

I agree that they have been very active and listening lately and i am grateful for that :)
I hope they find out what is causing Largo 1.52 to not work on some systems which is a weird one.

Ingonator could I ask a favour, may help people monitoring thread.

Would you mind posting the links on your first topic post as they come out please. Would be most helpful :)

MFXxx wrote:Ingonator could I ask a favour, may help people monitoring thread.

Would you mind posting the links on your first topic post as they come out please. Would be most helpful :)
Hi,

i will update the OP and title when all updates including PPG wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition are out.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
MFXxx wrote:Ingonator could I ask a favour, may help people monitoring thread.

Hi,

i will update the OP and title when all updates including PPG wave 3.V and Waldorf Edition are out.

Ingo
Great and thanks ;)

UPDATE:
The developer seemed to work quite fast and i received a new Beta for the Largo 64-bit VST2 (for Windows).
The bug concerning the Level knobs in the filter section and mixer section (see post by vstliefhebber at this page) seems to be solved and also a few other bugs are maybe solved but i have to re-check those before i am sure.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingo,

Here are some small anomalies with the GUI;

1. No Antialiasing
Antialiasing.png
2. Wavetable Menu 'Dropdown Arrow' remains highlighted
Dropdown.png
Call me hawk eyes :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi all Largo 1.5.2 OSC MIX section not worx well just can access pan position from the gui, mix lvelevs not working, and all midi CC controll also not worx. WIN XP SP3 32bit

Tuth wrote:Hi all Largo 1.5.2 OSC MIX section not worx well just can access pan position from the gui, mix lvelevs not working, and all midi CC controll also not worx. WIN XP SP3 32bit
This maybe helps:
Ingonator wrote:
vstliefhebber wrote:Bug: the two level knobs at the right of the GUI are not available, when clicking on the area one can only adjust the pan positions.
Damn, you are right (same configuration here). This is strange as i found and reported a few GUI problems like this in the past and this one should be obvious. :dog:
Seems to be even worse as i found the same problem exists in the mixer section (e.g. "Osc 1 Level"). Other knobs seem to work, only the Level knobs seem to be involved.

For comparison i tested the old 32-bit version and it's working fine there.

One reason why i overlooked this could be that with multiple updates (Largo, PPG Wave 3.V, Waldorf Edition) maybe i started getting "blind" for certain things... :cry:

UPDATE:
Seems to be solved in the latest Beta i just received.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”