SUndance Bass guitar, any info on this company?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

personally I have never seen one...a friend of mine has one he's looking to sell so any info would be helpful :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

The brand and logo remind me of a Chinese factory I once visited in Shanghai. I didn't see anything that looked anything like this, though. Your friend should be able to get $300-400 for it just due to its interesting look.

thanx Eric...I'll pass this along :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

It looks pretty cheap, judging by the top part, if it is that cheap, yes it will sell because of the body, but still for very low. I'd ballpark it at $120
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Last edited by ghettosynth on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm thinking it's a 3/4 scale

RunBeerRun wrote:It looks pretty cheap, judging by the top part, if it is that cheap, yes it will sell because of the body, but still for very low. I'd ballpark it at $120
from a standpoint of someone who use to buy and sell a ton of used gear I would somewhat agree. At DDJ we had to set the minimum and maximum price when we bought used gear (or took trades) and this I would probably say 179/139 and hope it got approved by the manager. The thing is I just cannot find anything on it, I assume Eric has access to an Orion Blue Book and I do not anymore.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hink wrote:from a standpoint of someone who use to buy and sell a ton of used gear I would somewhat agree. At DDJ we had to set the minimum and maximum price when we bought used gear (or took trades) and this I would probably say 179/139 and hope it got approved by the manager. The thing is I just cannot find anything on it, I assume Eric has access to an Orion Blue Book and I do not anymore.
The thing is that this is unique, perhaps even one of a kind. That has value. Electronics are cheap on eBay because there are sometimes hundreds of dealers selling the exact same things. Rare or one-of-a-kind guitars, OTOH, can sometimes command much more than they would if they were sitting in a guitar store showroom.

Uncle E wrote:
Hink wrote:from a standpoint of someone who use to buy and sell a ton of used gear I would somewhat agree. At DDJ we had to set the minimum and maximum price when we bought used gear (or took trades) and this I would probably say 179/139 and hope it got approved by the manager. The thing is I just cannot find anything on it, I assume Eric has access to an Orion Blue Book and I do not anymore.
The thing is that this is unique, perhaps even one of a kind. That has value. Electronics are cheap on eBay because there are sometimes hundreds of dealers selling the exact same things. Rare or one-of-a-kind guitars, OTOH, can sometimes command much more than they would if they were sitting in a guitar store showroom.
I agree 100%...but now go back and read what I wrote...I said when I worked at DDJ (Daddy's Junky Music) I would hope it got approved at that price...FTR the price I would pay for such a guitar was likely around 50-60 dollars IF IT WAS APPROVED BY A MANGER. Daddy's had one of the largest selections of used gear in the country (gawd knows where it is now since the closed up). The way it worked was a veteran manager would have the duty for the day approving of such deals (all trades and all purchases over 100 dollars) and it would be a different manger everyday...keep in mind Daddy's had stores in Maine, New Hampshire, Mass, Rhode Island, New Jersey and New York so there was a rotation of managers approved to approve deals*. Without that approval you were done, so like I said that is what I would have approached the managers with (for the sake of how they were, we could not buy R2R tape machines at any price, I had a guy with a 16 track Otari complete with board and I could not offer him 5$ for it and if I made a deal for myself..I was gone)...so that's what I would have hit them with.

*Before I worked for Daddy's, before I worked for Mars I worked with the king of used gear in Boston and someone who I wish I knew where he was at now (though some of his deals were suspicious as all hell)...this guy rented studio space to Boston, A-smith and The Cars and then he sold his property to Tom Sholtz for Tom Sholtz RS&G (where TS built his rockman empire)...this guy knew his used gear and he taught me a lot...I would disagree with Daddy's managers often, but my hands were tied.

So Eric does Orion show this company?

Hink wrote:So Eric does Orion show this company?
I actually don't have a blue book.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote:I'm not disagreeing with you in general, but, I think that it matters a lot on where/how you're selling it as well. On eBay you might have a good week and it goes for $400, or it might impress nobody, I suspect that who is selling it and how they're selling it would have an impact.
Yes, you're 100% right. For something like this, I'd put it up as a fixed price 30-day listing, not an auction, and list it at whatever value the seller thinks it's worth. That way it won't be a matter of if the right buyer sees it, it'll be a matter of when they see it.

Honestly, this is just weird enough that I think there will be lots of guys like you who would love to get this even though it makes absolutely no sense. With that said, Hink should just sell it to you and save the eBay fees, which are brutal these days.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

It looks like an entry-level bass, you can try searching Talkbass for info.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”