What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Fender Rhodes Mark II vs. Software vs. Nord Comparison

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

5297 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Postby BERFAB; Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:55 am

Very slick video. Well done.
I just wish I understood the narrative, but I think I got the gist.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...
KVRer

14 posts since 23 May, 2013

Postby christianlaptop; Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:06 am

BERFAB wrote:Very slick video. Well done.

Cheers
-B

Hey,

I put subtitles into the video. You have to activate them in the video-window at the bottom right next to the quality-button.
KVRAF

5297 posts since 25 Mar, 2004

Postby BERFAB; Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:27 pm

christianlaptop wrote:
BERFAB wrote:Very slick video. Well done.

Cheers
-B

Hey,

I put subtitles into the video. You have to activate them in the video-window at the bottom right next to the quality-button.

A-ha!
Now it makes sense.

Kudos.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...
KVRAF

7219 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:12 pm

christianlaptop wrote:
izonin wrote:
christianlaptop wrote:NeoSoul, CFrentzen, Scarbee VintageKeys and RSP are all Mark I Samples!

That explains why there's more "barking" in the low octaves. I prefer the cleaner sound of Mark II.

Well, I could have voiceed the piano to bark more. I'm a bit careful with statements like "That sounds not like a Mark I" or "Ah, that's the reason why it sounds like this". There is a lot you can do with voicing... ;)

And with velocity curves also. I saw that you adapted your playing during the first moments of each track for each plug. Anyway, a great, interesting video, and a pleasurable moment. Thanks. :tu:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Soundbanks for Vsti

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there [Xils-Lab Team]
KVRer

14 posts since 23 May, 2013

Postby christianlaptop; Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:49 pm

Lotuzia wrote:And with velocity curves also. I saw that you adapted your playing during the first moments of each track for each plug. Anyway, a great, interesting video, and a pleasurable moment. Thanks. :tu:

Yeah, that's why I did not use one midifile for all plugins ;)
KVRer

9 posts since 21 Nov, 2012, from Norway

Postby slow-clap; Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:27 am Re: Fender Rhodes Mark II vs. Software vs. Nord Comparison

Very nice roudnup.

I've used RSP for many years, and it's still one of my favourites. I aslo use the NEO-soul a lot, its great!.
I'll also recommend the Mark I Stage Premier from Premier Sound factory, a very nice sounding Rhodes.

All are great sounding rhodes, exept the Nord-library. Too bad they'v neglected the rhodes for so many years. They keep comming up with new great-sounding grand pianos, but they still having this 5Mb cheap rhodes patches.
KVRist

469 posts since 6 Feb, 2004

Postby neverenoughfunk; Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:59 am Re: Fender Rhodes Mark II vs. Software vs. Nord Comparison

thanks for sharing first off... secondly, all i could say is "in the pocket"... you guys were "in the groove"... not sure which product sounded the "best"... but being in the "pocket" always out shines the product/sound... i.e. it's not the tool but the craftsman...
if sarcasm was musical talent... there would be a ton of Mozarts walking around... :tu:
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments