How To Never Run Out Of Ideas Again (Creativity On Demand)

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys !

We've all been there, we start a track, have a great idea but after some time working on the track... nothing ! No ideas left ! We don't know how to move it forward ! This is something known as a Creative Block. This is quite frustrating. So frustrating for me that I litteraly said to myself that I was no good, would never become a great music producer, ... every time I had a Creative Block ! Until the day I found how creativity works ! And what's amazing about that is that you are able to emulate the inner workings of creativity consciously to generate it On Demand !

I've used this process of "Creativity On Demand" successfully (and now never run out of new things to try and new tracks to create) and wanted to share it with you in my first video tutorial. Inside it I explain to you how creativity works and how to apply it's inner workings to music production. That way, you'll also never run out of ideas again :D

Here's the link to the video, hope you enjoy it guys. I'll try to make more videos in the future so subscribe to my channel to get all the new ones directly in your feed ! And leave your suggestions in the comments, that way I'll be able to improve the quality of my videos ;)

VIDEO: http://youtube.com/watch?v=l-3Z7k6NSyE

big bag of skunk.

Nice one adrien

thanks - will check it out

vurt wrote:big bag of skunk.
Where do I sign up?

robojam wrote:
vurt wrote:big bag of skunk.
Where do I sign up?
Your local growshop
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

I hate to be critical, because you did go to the effort of making this video to share with the rest of us. Thank you for doing that. Your intentions are good. But basically I just watched ten minutes of you making a sawtooth wave with a gradual pitch envelope.

Okay, let me come up with something new by combining two old ideas:
1. 909 kick drum
2. supersaw lead
= instant gold!

Or you could watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NugRZGDbPFU
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Don't be cynical, it's genius, it's like PB & J but for art!
I am going to try:
1 - Put a kick
2 - Put clap

=> PUT A KLAP

!!!
I think I am onto something big.

The essence / statement of the video is actually worth thinking about imho, but I think it's too long winded for bringing this across. Five minutes or so would have probably done.

Thank you for the feedback guys ! My next video is more dynamic and more to the point. This was my first shot at it so I have a lot to learn :) But thank you for taking the time, I've taken all your feedbacks and will work to improve myself !

DJLikeAndSubscribe wrote:Don't be cynical, it's genius, it's like PB & J but for art!
I am going to try:
1 - Put a kick
2 - Put clap

=> PUT A KLAP

!!!
I think I am onto something big.
Ah, see, that's where you went wrong. You messed up the order of operations. It should have been like this:

1. Put a clap
2. Put a kick

=> PUT A CLICK
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

You are absolutly right, that is why I was stuck in my track!

Or maybe if I do 1 + 2 instead of 2 + 1 I will have something differently different?
So many options, I just don't know what to do!

Return to “Production Techniques”