Cubase 7.5 Sampler?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stupid question, does Cubase 7(.5) come with one?

I have just installed Halion Sonic SE from my DVD's believing it was the sampler, it's clearly not.

Kind regards

Groove Agent SE 4 is the built-in drum sampler. HAlion 5 is the Steinberg sampler like NI Kontact, but it is a paid add-on.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

FML

You could try the TX16Wx Software Sampler. It's free. Pretty powerful to say the least. They also have a support forum here on KVR.

http://www.tx16wx.com
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Shortcircuit has been discontinued, and is Windows only.

Nuance looks promising, but is not free.

http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/nuance.php
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Other than the above, I can personally tell you that upgrading to Halion 5 was money well spent. Total integration.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:Other than the above, I can personally tell you that upgrading to Halion 5 was money well spent. Total integration.
That's what I did as well. HAlion 5 was money well spent.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Can't speak for Halion 5, I sold my Halion 3 a couple of months ago and never updated - since Kontakt is so much more superior IMO. I'm happy with the Rompler sounds (originating from the Yamaha MOTIF) bundled with Cubase. Barely use it even. So I'm happy with that move, and I made a songwriter in Austria happy with my copy.

If you need a good and light weight drum sampler:
One Small Clue POISE - but it lacks a step sequencer and even if it's looking like an MPC, it's not as fledged out like say "MOTU Mach5" or FXPansion's GEIST - also only has 16 pads only. But hey... 49USD, excellent contact and support. Currently still windows only - but the dev is working on it to get it to Mac at some point. And he's taking FR's seriously (for example, POISE can load Muon SR-202 samples from the CM Studio bundle, I filed that FR since I still had an old copy of my samples, but not a more recent version of SR-202).

A lightweight all-purpose sample:
Indeed CWItec's TX16Wx, though I do recommend the paid version (29EUR if your company/freelancer income is below 10grand!). Since it unlocks certain helpful features. I use it myself (currently the free version, though I did use the full version at a studio I built) - it's my entry drug to reviving my old SF2 collection again.

Both companies have support sections on KVR.

Alternatively, if you're after a Korg Electribe like clone, take a look at Image Line's Groove Machine.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”