My Vortex SoundWaves library pirated

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What can i do about it? Since it has been pirated, the sales for Vortex SoundWaves dropped abruptly. Making this sound library took me 2 months and cost me money. Now I see it all over the place thanks to Google who support those torrent sites and to the upload sites (Rapidgator among many others) who don't do anything against it even though I contacted them about the issue.

This is the kind of practice who prevent me from doing it full time. It won't prevent me from making new libraries though (as I like doing this), but it surely does slow down things.

I understand people like the guy behind XSynth who decided to pull the plug a couple of years ago and now just put some free packs and VSTs on his website... :(

You have my sympathies....

I have discontinued some things because they were pirated so much.

If you love what you do, keep doing it. Not everyone sucks....

I am sorry to know this (I know the hard work behind it), but it is known that everything that can crack, must cracked ... it is strange but if one company pays taxes to protect their copyright, why who protects the rights should not move?

I can only say: solidarity
Last edited by Turello on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dnekm wrote:You have my sympathies....

I have discontinued some things because they were pirated so much.

If you love what you do, keep doing it. Not everyone sucks....
Thanks for the kind words. For me, it means smaller products for a smaller price because the time invested in bigger product isn't worth it. Most of the libraries I had planned for Kontakt have been dropped because of this. Last year, selling sound libraries was my main occupation, now it's university. So I'll put out loop libraries once in a while and won't release things that need promotion. I love sound design, but promotion, press releases and distribution isn't fun at all. Moral of the story: let's focus on what we love and forget about the commercial aspects of it!

I've had my stuff pirated quite a bit , and it doesn't feel great at all to know people are happy to just steal your hard work (and lost earnings for family/kids), though I just think they'll get their karma one day, so I don't let it bother me too much. I think many people pass around memory sticks with pirated stuff on, therefore feeling 'removed' from the theft when they take these files, as if it's 'not so bad'.

It does seem incredible that these warez sites aren't more policed (esp with piracy of films and music too) - I wonder whether it's a conspiracy by the govts to let people keep committing these crimes, then when the economies collapse they can track them down and arrest them all and force them into prison labour camps to build their brave new world ...I'm half joking, but when you look at the warnings at the beginning of dvds for piracy (and the severity of the punishments), and the figures for lost revenue (esp in the music industry) to the state for piracy, it makes you wonder why nothing seems to be being done yet.

tsonic wrote: It does seem incredible that these warez sites aren't more policed (esp with piracy of films and music too) - I wonder whether it's a conspiracy by the govts to let people keep committing these crimes, then when the economies collapse they can track them down and arrest them all and force them into prison labour camps to build their brave new world ...I'm half joking, but when you look at the warnings at the beginning of dvds for piracy (and the severity of the punishments), and the figures for lost revenue (esp in the music industry) to the state for piracy, it makes you wonder why nothing seems to be being done yet.
The movie industry is being affected by this now, as it is easier than ever to download movie rips. There's just YouTube who act against the illegal content on their site, otherwise Google and other major companies act like there's nothing they can do when in fact they profit from it. Even at the university pirated content is all over the place. I once attended a philosophy movie event where the movie we watched was a YouTube rip! One branch of philosophy is ethics... :o

SampleScience wrote:One branch of philosophy is ethics... :o
What's the difference? Ethics as science is about studying ethics, not following any particular set of moral rules. You know, an entomologist doesn't have to be an insect.

Zombie Queen wrote:
SampleScience wrote:One branch of philosophy is ethics... :o
What's the difference? Ethics as science is about studying ethics, not following any particular set of moral rules. You know, an entomologist doesn't have to be an insect.
I don't want to start a debate, but where I study ethic is clearly not a science. But I understand what you mean. I just think they loose credibility saying one thing and doing another. But indeed, it doesn't make the ethical principle any less valid, you're right.

I guess the main issue with Kontakt libraries is that it's way easier to "crack" them compared to vst plugins. You only need a cracked Kontakt version and you're done. So all those guys have to do is get a (stolen) credit card, purchase one copy of that said library and share it. Once it's out, it will pop up over and over again no matter how much you try to kill the download links.

I've said this before: the bizzare thing about all this is that they don't deliberately target only commercial releases, they share EVERYTHING - even the freeware software. Maybe those freakin' adds posted on those websites are really payin' 'cause otherwise it makes no logic whatsoever...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

sorry to hear.
:borg:

idfpower wrote:I've said this before: the bizzare thing about all this is that they don't deliberately target only commercial releases, they share EVERYTHING - even the freeware software. Maybe those freakin' adds posted on those websites are really payin' 'cause otherwise it makes no logic whatsoever...
I guess those ads pays because they get a lot of traffic. It would also explain why they "crack" free libraries.

Once, I tried to estimate how much money I could make just with ads. So far, I've got around 45 000 downloads for the sample sets I've release for free. My estimation using the numbers advertisement systems like Ad.fly gives lead to me think that I would have made a maximum of 100$. It isn't much, it's not a lot. Unless you multiply the samples you give away for free, I don't see how it could work. But it maybe a way to bypass the pirates in the future. We'll see!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”