(Found)Looking for stock euro rack rails only.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As the title says, looking for stock euro rack rails.
All I'm finding are the American style.
I need 4: 8-12 space, 2 rails for back and 2 rails for front.

(These are the ones that have the square holes instead of the pre-threaded for rack screw holes.)

Anybody have a source for these?
Last edited by BBFG# on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Been googling these for awhile and still no luck.
American standard can be found everywhere. But the euro standard is only built in to pre-made racks.

My problem is I need to have these rails to make a rack with a 30" depth and the drawer guides it will accommodate are made for euro only.

here's what I do, I dont get hung up on needing rack screws and rack rails, I use a piece of 1" thick wood at whatever length I need with wood screws (you can use a 1x3, 1x4 whatever). No one will see it, I have never had it fail and it's simple :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:here's what I do, I dont get hung up on needing rack screws and rack rails, I use a piece of 1" thick wood at whatever length I need with wood screws (you can use a 1x3, 1x4 whatever). No one will see it, I have never had it fail and it's simple :)
The server type 'drawer guides' require this specific type of rail. Wood would wear too quickly with this application.

I'm not sure of the exact part number but I think what you are looking for are Schroff Euro rails in the 34560 range.
Something like this? http://www.newark.com/schroff/34560-384 ... P=KNC-GPLA

Not sure if this link will work, but what I'm looking for are these (but just the rails with the square holes, not the whole rack).

http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/index.ph ... 92&iType=1

I got my rails off ebay. Search for 'rack strip'.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:I got my rails off ebay. Search for 'rack strip'.
That's where I started, but was only getting the American 10/32 pre-threaded stock or an already made for server type rack (of which most use a double rail system that makes them useless for what I need since they don't allow the slide to work within them. They're more for a fixed mounting.)
BTW, I now own a couple of those I'll have to find another use for. :roll:

What I figured out during this thread was adding the criteria of '6mm' to the search so the automatic '10/32' didn't knock it out. That brought up a couple of companies. The last one I linked seems to be the most descriptive in knowing exactly what I'm getting though.

Just doing some planing on how many spaces I want to make it now.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”