UVI.net releases Vintage Vault and...

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vintage Vault

it appears everyone who got their mail checked the site at the same time...
site is down presently! :? :hyper:
in fact, I just checked at http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it shows the whole site uvi.net is down!

curiosity killed the site? :oops:

:oops: :dog: ...well...it WAS down...honest!

got my mail yesterday and was excited for a moment after reading the mail , but Vintage Fault are nothing more than combining some of their existing Libraries into this Vintage Fault Bundle !

I'd say that's a pretty good value.

blortblort wrote::oops: :dog: ...well...it WAS down...honest!
Oh yeah, they're getting slammed. I wasn't able to get there earlier either.

I've already bought all but three of the libraries in the package. At least I got 'em all on sale, but this is still a better deal. I really like their stuff- particularly the newer releases with the custom UIs.

Has anyone jumped in? I bought this yesterday even though I was supposed to sell software NOT buy a new one. D'oh! :dog:

But I have been drooling many of these libraries so long and the freebies I've got (Digital Synstations & Mello) have been so good I just couldn't resist. Installation took 12 hours, over 60 gigabytes after all. I left my computer on overnight so not a big deal.

After playing with the sounds I have to say I'm pretty happy. Very good quality. This isn't cheap library but compared to single UVI libraries the price ain't bad. And you get a lot: 36 synths, few of them are quite rare and over 5000 presets. There is some overlap in the sounds not surprisingly but every synth has its distinctive sound.

You don't even need an ilok. Only problem I have is that Vintage Vault doesn't work correctly in Mach5. Samples aren't looped so it makes many sounds unplayble. I have to use UVI workstation but that's ok. Hopefully Mach5 gets an update some day though.

I have most of the libraries that make up Vintage Vault and I really like them. It's unfortunate I paid almost 3x as much, but oh well :-)

Wow $500.00 for 65Gb of vintage synthesizer sounds. UVI are pretty well sampled too from what I hear..

If i had $500.00 *I wish* I probably would pick up Komplete again. However if i owned something like Komplete and needed a huge amount of synthesizer tones I would probably pick this up. It seems like a real bargain if you need a shit load of different vintage synth tones!

Don't most of the UVI instruments act like a synthesizer? I mean they aren't like ReFX Nexus where it's just a preset sampled sound that you can modify with filters and stuff.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Wow $500.00 for 65Gb of vintage synthesizer sounds. UVI are pretty well sampled too from what I hear..
Actually over 120 gigs. But yeah 65gb compressed.
V0RT3X wrote:If i had $500.00 *I wish* I probably would pick up Komplete again. However if i owned something like Komplete and needed a huge amount of synthesizer tones I would probably pick this up. It seems like a real bargain if you need a shit load of different vintage synth tones!
Komplete is a great value. But because I already have Mach5 I rather have Vintage Vault + Mach5 than Komplete + Mach5. Diva + Vintage Vault covers my synth needs perfectly. I guess you could go Zebra + Alchemy + Diva route like I used to but because I'm more a preset guy I chose to have UVI stuff.
V0RT3X wrote:Don't most of the UVI instruments act like a synthesizer? I mean they aren't like ReFX Nexus where it's just a preset sampled sound that you can modify with filters and stuff.
Some of them yes. But most of the instruments are rompler like. One thing that doesn't get mentioned very often is the UVI drum stuff like Drumulation in Emulator II. Very good quality samples and great UI.
Last edited by Vertti on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V0RT3X wrote:Don't most of the UVI instruments act like a synthesizer? I mean they aren't like ReFX Nexus where it's just a preset sampled sound that you can modify with filters and stuff.
I THINK that both the UVI engine and Nexus have both synthesis and sampling capabilities, and UVI's older libraries were basically just categorized presets (like a Nexus expansion), but in practice the newer UVI stuff is closer to a high-end Kontakt experience.

The newer libraries have cool UIs with custom tweakable parameters, sometimes sequencers- some are even mini synth engines; they use basic waveforms of a given instrument, but expose all the synthesis parameters to make your own preset.

If you have MachFive you can deeply tweak the instruments, but UVI Workstation is nicer when using the older more generic libraries because it displays some default macro controls when there is no custom UI, which makes those libraries a little easier to use than in MachFive.

Hi guys,

Thanks for giving your thoughts!

Feel free to contact us if you have any question:
<http://www.uvi.net/contact-us>

Cheers,
Last edited by UVI Doctor on Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder if there's an upgrade path to 'fill out' whatever instruments I'm missing to effectively get Vintage Vault. I'm missing 2...

@ thenumber23, please drop us a message with your registered email address :
<http://www.uvi.net/contact-us>
We would be glad to help you out.

That's a great bundle deal. It contains a number of VI's I'm interested in but with too high a price tag for me when purchased individually. May be worth saving for.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

thenumber23 wrote:I wonder if there's an upgrade path to 'fill out' whatever instruments I'm missing to effectively get Vintage Vault. I'm missing 2...
Wow, that's a lot :o Did you name yourself after how many you own :D

So far I got Synth Anthology, Mello, Digital Synsations, and because of that I got a rebate of 20% when I log into my UVI account to check the price. 400 dollars is still some money, and I don't have the harddrive space, but it sure is tempting :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”