What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The world cup thread!

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

3019 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:28 am Re: The world cup thread!

Is that championship still on? Seems to last forever... 8)
KVRAF

8383 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:36 am Re: The world cup thread!

fluffy_little_something wrote:Is that championship still on? Seems to last forever... 8)
How long did you sleep? Buy some Belgian pralines and American marshmellows and switch the TV on! :arrow:
KVRAF

1896 posts since 24 Mar, 2006, from The city by the bay

Postby rp314; Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:37 am Re: The world cup thread!

fmr wrote:
rp314 wrote:There are always some crazy angles to these matches. For example, watching the Swiss play with almost 11 guys in their half of the pitch for almost two hours and then with all 11 guys in the other half for the last 3 minutes.
:lol: Even the goalkeeper.

Well, that's what added to the beauty of it. :lol:

As I said before, the Swiss had a good plan. My sense, however, is that with most professional team sports, there is some dialectic involving strategy versus play. So, whether you're talking about Michael Jordan, Jerry Rice, Babe Ruth, Messi, Ronaldo, or the new young stars like Neymar and James Rodriguez, most fans appreciate the individual performance despite the other team's strategy.

That's why, in the end, back in the day Pele won that struggle. Few fans want to see a bunch of Bulgarians playing perfect defense. What we want to see is how Pele, Maradona, Jordan and the rest can succeed despite such odds.
Alpha 5: What is your religion? Lemmy Caution: I believe in the inspirations of conscience.
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:38 am Re: The world cup thread!

Tricky-Loops wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Is that championship still on? Seems to last forever... 8)
How long did you sleep? Buy some Belgian pralines and American marshmellows and switch the TV on! :arrow:

Luckily I no longer have a TV set :hihi:
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:42 am Re: The world cup thread!

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:

No public viewing in the beach bar? :o
KVRAF

7751 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:45 am Re: The world cup thread!

+1 I think players find it difficult to keep the spirit up.

I think that is a problem for Argentina today, that you get bored
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:03 pm Re: The world cup thread!

Tricky-Loops wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:

No public viewing in the beach bar? :o

Cliches... Apart from that Portugal is out in case you have not noticed. People don't seem to care much about the rest anymore, the cup was over the evening Portugal exited...
KVRian

699 posts since 6 Jul, 2008, from Lost in the wilderness

Postby Axis1~SL61; Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:09 pm Re: The world cup thread!

I'm in Portugal, I'm no football fanatic at all but I'm watching USA~Belgium right now ... just because the US seems to be somewhat of a surprise this year, I'm curious... 8)
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:10 pm Re: The world cup thread!

Just saw on the plan that the whole thing will be draging on for almost another two weeks :o
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:14 pm Re: The world cup thread!

I'm still listening to Argentinian Electric Tango. But except Rocco Granata I wouldn't know any Belgian musicians, either... :P
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:20 pm Re: The world cup thread!

Tricky-Loops wrote:Belgian musicians

Telex, Front242, the R&S label

The Belgian music scene was well renown for the new beat movement
KVRAF

1896 posts since 24 Mar, 2006, from The city by the bay

Postby rp314; Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:21 pm Re: The world cup thread!

Sure, it's easy for Germans to enjoy listening to Argentine Tango for where would it be without the "Bandoneon"? :hihi:

And Belgians probably feel the same way when listening to any of our great Jazz saxophone players... :wink:
Alpha 5: What is your religion? Lemmy Caution: I believe in the inspirations of conscience.
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:22 pm Re: The world cup thread!

Victor Lazlo I know :D Breathless in particular...
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:23 pm Re: The world cup thread!

Numanoid wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Belgian musicians

Telex, Front242, the R&S label

The Belgian music scene was well renown for the new beat movement
Tragic error...how could I forget Patrick De Meyer, the pioneer of New Beat (who is playing piano nowadays)? :love:
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:26 pm Re: The world cup thread!

Tricky-Loops wrote:Patrick De Meyer, the pioneer of New Beat

Indeed :tu:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLWzFda6C60
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic